Start by marking “Hearts from the Ashes (includes With or Without, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hearts from the Ashes (includes With or Without, #0.5)

Hearts from the Ashes (With or Without 0.5)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In the city of Asheville, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, six men discover lasting love from the ashes of heartache.

In Eros Rising by Ally Blue, Scott and Keegan have both been hurt by love. Can they overcome their painful pasts and build a future with each other?

There's nothing better than a cup of coffee and your one true love. Gray's in for the surprise of his li
Published January 1st 2007 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hearts from the Ashes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts from the Ashes

Hell Cop by Astrid AmaraIrregulars by Nicole KimberlingSindustry by Anne ReganLove Ahead by Madeleine UrbanHis For The Holidays by Josh Lanyon
Best Gay Anthologies
30th out of 245 books — 188 voters
A Strong Hand by Catt FordInvicta by Piper KaySecrets, Skin and Leather by Sean MichaelNotturno by Z.A. MaxfieldDouble Full by Kindle Alexander
Sexiest Gay Romance Book Covers
335th out of 404 books — 534 voters

More lists with this book...

Jenn
**SPOILER ALERT**

I really enjoyed this anthology and usually I am very ehhhh about anthologies because I feel the writing isnt great and the stories are too short to make you feel for and care about the characters. But these are all great.

Eros Rising by Ally Blue was a great story. a little cliche but well done-even more than some of her longer work. I find her shorter novellas to soemtimes be better on target than her novels.

The JL Langley story is good; def read the two full length novels-WITH
Jaime
I picked up this book because I'm a big fan of Ally Blue and Willa Okati; I didn't expect my favorite story to be JL Langley's "With Love!" Her story of two werewolves had a fresh take; an alpha and an omega fall in love. Yes, Laney is very much like an uke in a traditional yaoi story - but, I like yaoi. He is a little effeminate, which may seem stereotypical, but there are men like this. Certainly not all gay men, or even all "bottoms." This is a fantasy romance after all. Laney's clumsiness is ...more
Jaya
SlashReader: And a bit about each individual novella within this work:

(view spoiler)
Paul
Hearts from the Ashes is an anthology of stories by three of the best gay romance/erotica authors this reviewer has had the pleasure of reading. I’m not usually one for the romance genre, but the stories enclosed have realistic, well-developed characters that are a pleasure to read about. The graphic sex, while hot, is not the main element of the stories. It comes naturally in the stories based on the characters personalities.

The stories stand alone, but each author entwined elements from the ot
Charly
Good writing and 3 enjoyable stories, although I found one rather depressing

Warning: This review might contain what some people consider SPOILERS.

"Eros Rising" by Ally Blue – 8/10
PROS:
- Explosive, passionate sex scenes; the two characters are half in love by the time they sleep together for the first time, so the sex is intimate and emotional.
- Likeable characters. Scott is honorable and reserved and Keegan is fiery and unafraid of voicing his opinions.
CONS:
- The story’s main conflict is re
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
I actually read "With Love" by J. L. Langley, purchased as an ebook, but Shelfari doesn't recognize it as a separate book.

The story was not nearly as good as the other two full-length novels in the With/Without series. The "endearing traits" of the omega male were annoying and I wanted to slap him. I did like the new characters and pack that were presented in the story and I hope we'll see them again in the full-length books (except please tone down Lainey!) It was an okay story - not recommend
Dani Alexander
I think this anthology is worth the money just for the second story by Willa Okati. It's so brilliant and emotional. It's a vibrant tale with a rich character list. Though I thought one of the main characters wasn't fleshed out, the other was so beautifully done that I could enjoy the story through his eyes.

I loved her take on my culture and people. I am Cheyenne (and also Cree) so I enjoyed it. I get very frustrated with AmIndian stories usually, but I thought this one was very good.
Only reason I gave this 4 stars is because it was too damn short!! Should have been made into a whole book.

These two were perfectly matched, I thought. A strong, sexy alpha male paired w/ a funny, quirky, equally sexy male.

LOVED the secondary characters and their books were wonderfully, fantastic! Great storyline, the sex was freakin HOT AS HELL and this series is definitly a keeper in my library.........
Fangirl
Nov 18, 2009 Fangirl rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Three stories that take place in the same town.
1) Eros Rising: Sweet love story.
2) Cafe Noctem: Very weird. Didn't like it.
3) With Love: Loved the werewolf aspect, but one of the characters got on my nerves, which spoiled the story for me.
Gave the book away after reading.
Denicemarcell
Liked the stories take place in the same town, Asheville and each story mentions the property of one of the others--the club, the cafe, the flower shop.
picked it up for the JL Langley story now I have to find works by her co-authors.
Amelia
Unlike most anthologies with multiple authors, I enjoyed all three stories. While I loved the stories by Ally Blue and JL Langley, Willa Okata's I would have to rate as really liked, but overall the entire book gets a loved it.
Anne
I really enjoyed Ally Blue's story. Willa Okati's story didn't really appeal to me. I will read the Langley story at another time, as I have the ebook.
Mary
I liked all the stories in this anthology. With Love is my favorite but it may not be for everyone. I have a very soft spot for shape shifters.
Erotic Horizon
Hearts from the Ashes by Ally Blue (2007)
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Kallen
Kallen added it
Jan 20, 2015
Driima
Driima marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Tammy L. Speiden
Tammy L. Speiden marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
  • With Love (With or Without, #0.5)
  • To All a (Very Sexy) Good Night
  • I Do: An Anthology in Support of Marriage Equality
  • Shifting Sands
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • Stealing My Heart (includes: Tales from Rainbow Alley, #1; Dragon's Soul, #1)
  • Torqued Tales
  • Sindustry
  • Velvet Glove: Volume II
Ally Blue is acknowledged by the world at large (or at least by her heroes, who tend to suffer a lot) as the Popess of Gay Angst. She has a great big suggestively-shaped hat and rides in a bullet-proof Plexiglas bubble in Christmas parades. Her harem of manwhores does double duty as bodyguards and inspirational entertainment. Her favorite band is Radiohead, her favorite color is lime green and her ...more
More about Ally Blue...

With or Without (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • With Love (With or Without, #0.5)
  • Without Reservations (With or Without #1)
  • With Caution (With or Without, #2)
  • A Lot To Be Thankful For (With or Without, #2.1)
  • A Sterling New Year (With or Without, #2.2)
  • With Abandon (With or Without, #3)
  • Christmas Dinner at Reynolds Hall (With or Without, #3.1)
  • Attack of the Killer Dust Bunnies (With or Without, #3.2)
  • Christmas Cookies and Garland (With or Without, #3.3)
  • Without Secrets (With or Without, #4)
Oleander House (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #1) The Happy Onion Adder Untamed Heart Easy