Start by marking “Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen ” as Want to Read:
Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen

Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen (Fashion Kitty)

After her last adventure, Fashion Kitty is truly becoming a hero. At school, she is more popular than ever. She's even been mentioned in several articles in the local newspaper, (which she clips out and saves in a scrapbook, of course).
But not everyone is excited about Fashion Kitty's newfound popularity. A spoiled new kitty named Cassandra doesn't like sharing the spotli
Published May 22nd 2007 by Disney-Hyperion (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen

HeavyReader
I like this book so much!

I didn't think I would like it too much when I pulled it off the shelf at the library, but it turns out that I like it soooooooooo much.

I ended up borrowing this book because my boss and I are going to do a workshop/presentation on graphic novels at the River City Reading Festival in September. We had a meeting last week, and ended up going to the graphic novel section in the children's room to see what they had. I decided to get a few books to read from that section, as
Katie Fitzgerald
This review covers the first three books of the Fashion Kitty series.

Though I love Charise Mericle Harper, it took me a long time to get around to reading Fashion Kitty. I love the Just Grace series and her picture book, Cupcake, so it really was just a matter of time, but since I am neither a fashionista nor a cat lady, a book combining those two themes didn't necessarily strike me as a good fit. Finally, though, all three volumes - Fashion Kitty (2005), Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen(2
L11_Page
Feb 01, 2011 L11_Page rated it liked it
I have to admit I got a few curious looks while reading Fashion Kitty Versus the Fashion Queen while at my daughter's basketball practice. This graphic novel is a hot pink and bright blue mix of sparkles, speech bubbles and cartoon cats. I also have to admit I enjoyed this book more than I anticipated.

Aimed at the 2nd-4th grade audience, which I can vouch for since 2 3rd grade girls commented on how much they liked Fashion Kitty when they saw me reading it, it's billed as a "girly-girl response
Whitney
Nov 14, 2012 Whitney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-commercial
I read my first Fashion Kitty book for my graphic novels post and I really enjoyed it. I am a kitty lover so I thought another book in the series would be perfect for the book commercial.

Fashion Kitty aka Kiki has become a true hero around town after all of her adventures. She has been in the local newspaper and she even cut out the clippings. Many students have been wondering who is the real Fashion Kitty? One day, there was a new student, Cassandra, who did not like Fashion Kitty's popularity
Amanda
Oct 02, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Fashion Kitty is an super hero alter ego of a young kitten named Kiki who is very much into fashion. Kiki/Fashion Kitty helps other kittens when they have a fashion emergency. One day a new kitten, Cassandra, comes to school with her own sense of fashion. Kiki and Cassandra do not get along and Cassandra does some mean things to Kiki. In the end truth prevails and Fashion Kitty saves the day!

I had never heard of the series Fashion Kitty or even read a graphic novel before reading Fashion Kitty
Dolly
Jan 08, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: children starting to read graphic novels
This is the second book in the Fashion Kitty series by Charise Mericle Harper. Our girls are hooked. The simple narrative and graphic novel format is very entertaining and easy to read, even for reluctant readers. And the fun mix-and-match fashion cut-out section in the middle is always a bit hit. Our girls wanted me to read this book aloud to them, which honestly, was entirely too irritating. So I refuse to read the next books aloud, but I'm sure I'll take a gander at them after our girls read ...more
Julie
Jul 08, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it
I've been checking a lot of graphic novels out of the library for the boys, and although this is very obviously a girl book, we all really enjoyed its quirky humor. Kiki Kittie is a normal (though vegetarian) cat, with two parents and an annoying little sister, when a pile of fashion magazines falls on her head and she becomes...Fashion Kitty! With her super hearing, she can make out fashion faux pas in the making and, with her inimitable style, go to the rescue. "Fashion Kitty" is the first in ...more
Matthew Hunter
I was shocked by the near-violent reaction this book elicited from my internal fuddy duddy. It first struck me as an unnecessary, IQ-dampening piece of fluff. But then I listened for a sec to my daughter's reaction. She loved it. And if I'm honest? I enjoyed Harper's depiction of the mercurial-but-loving relationship between sisters Kiki and Lana. The anti-bullying and pro-be-yourself messages were effectively delivered, as well. So, apologies to Harper for my unmerited vitriol. I suspect we'll ...more
Kate Hastings
Apr 30, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: grades 2-4 graphic novel
Shelves: graphic_novels
Captain Underpants... for girls. Graphic novel format. Over-the-top fashion cats "cat-ily" comment on each other's outfits. New girl Cassandra wants to rule the school with her influence, but Fashion Kitty makes sure ever kitty is comfortable in their own fur.

Not as good as Holm's Babymouse series, but will appeal to same audience.
Emily Sirota
Fashion Kityy is such a classic and was one of my favorites as a kid. Fashion kitty figures out their is a fashion queen and is slightly offended by the fashion queen. She decides to put her powers to the test when she has to show fashion queen who the real boss is. This book isn't too long and is super cute for any Fashion Kitty fan!
Nancy Jo Lambert
Fashion Kitty only emerges when someone is about to commit a fashion faux pas. She can fly, but she cannot share with anyone that she is fashion kitty. In this one, Fashion Kitty has to battle Cassandra, who makes all the kitties wear black hats. Fashion Kitty does save this day, and this graphic novel will be a great read for the young girls!
Kelly
Mar 12, 2015 Kelly rated it really liked it
Fashion Kitty takes on the new mean cat in school. Cassandra, self proclaimed Fashion Queen and Popular Mean Girl.

I love that the books use larger phrases, concepts, words and then explains them for even the most reluctant of readers.

Two kitty tail switches and a twist - I am finding this series to be PURRFECT in all the right ways!
Cindy Winder delong
Oh my gosh! What a lot of garbage to give kids to read! It is all about kittens being heroes or zeros depending on what they wear. Just a bunch of superficial nonsense. Kids deserve better reading material than this.
jacky
Natalie enjoys watching Project Runway with me, so this series is right up her alley. I like the message of being yourself. I think some of the plot was a little over Natalie's head, especially hearing it at bedtime over two nights.
Tina
Jun 20, 2009 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-stuff
Danielle loves these books. Another reviewer called the Fashion Kitty series girls answer to Captain Underpants. I agree. Very fun. I read this while waiting in the car while Dan picked up some supplies at Jack's.
Kaethe
It's cute, and likely to appeal to many kids. I just don't have any interest in fashion, so that specific appeal wasn't there. I wouldn't read any others of the series myself, but I would (and have already) suggested it to the age-appropriate Offspring.

Library copy
Paula
Jan 10, 2010 Paula rated it really liked it
Better than the first one. Meaningful lesson for young girls to read about.
Kathryn
Feb 25, 2012 Kathryn rated it really liked it
This book was funny and silly.Cassandera was really mean. Kiki( also known as Fashion Kitty) always stands up for herself.
Teegs
May 07, 2015 Teegs rated it really liked it
Funny and weird in a good way.
Stephanie
Feb 06, 2008 Stephanie rated it really liked it
This is a cute juvenile graphic novel that teaches the lesson that you should be true to yourself.
Misiel
Feb 24, 2014 Misiel rated it really liked it
i love these kinds of books
Aarong
Apr 01, 2011 Aarong rated it liked it
I hav not finshed yet but so far it is pritty intresting because the fashion kitty and the fashion queen are in a fight about whether they should wear pink or not.
Heather
Jan 05, 2008 Heather rated it it was ok
I'm not in love with Fashion Kitty. There is something completely lame-o about the plots of the story. I like Captain Underpants, so it's not the audience or something. It just seems so BORING.
Cleo
Dec 19, 2010 Cleo rated it liked it
I love to read a superhero comic.Esspescally about fashion.I love fashion so this is the perfect book for me.
Karin
Sep 12, 2007 Karin rated it liked it
somehow not as cute as first one (unlike Babymouse, who just gets better and better!)
Stephanie wan
i like this book because fashion kitty has to go through problems because of the queen.i think that people who like funny comics will really enjoy this book.
Jen K
Feb 14, 2009 Jen K rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Like the graphic novel format, girls in my classroom will like this one. Good message that being unique is okay!
Mary Lee
Jul 14, 2013 Mary Lee rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel, cats
Summer #bookaday 38
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
This book is about a hero vs a lying fashion queen. N.T.
Allana
Allana rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2013
  • Rock Star (Babymouse, #4)
  • Words of (Questionable) Wisdom from Lydia Goldblatt and Julie Graham-Chang (The Popularity Papers, #3)
  • Jellaby: Monster in the City (Jellaby, #2)
  • Clubbing
  • The Big Adventures of Majoko, Vol. 1
  • Pilot & Huxley: The first adventure
  • Amelia Rules! Volume 2: What Makes You Happy (Amelia Rules! #2)
  • Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2)
  • Peach Fuzz Volume 1
  • Joey Fly, Private Eye in Creepy Crawly Crime
  • Animal Academy: Hakobune Hakusho, Volume 1
  • Mal and Chad: The Biggest, Bestest Time Ever! (Mal and Chad, #1)
  • Owly, Vol. 3: Flying Lessons (Owly, #3)
  • City of Light, City of Dark (Orchard Paperbacks)

Fashion Kitty (4 books)
  • Fashion Kitty
  • Fashion Kitty and the Unlikely Hero
  • Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S.: (Ball of Yellow String)