Start by marking “Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood, #1)

Never Ceese (Thirsting for Blood #1)

A determined werewolf, acting on her long-held wish to free herself of her curse, teams up with a skeptical vampire who can no longer admit that having his curse removed is something he wants. Will Cassie Felts be able to help them as her grandmother implored her to do or will they suffer at the hands of a radical and evil stem cell researcher who want the fame and immorta ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Journey Stone Creations

To ask other readers questions about Never Ceese, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Ceese

Werner
Sep 09, 2008 Werner rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of supernatural fiction, esp. with a Christian orientation
This combination vampire/werewolf yarn (a finalist for the Bram Stoker Award) was the perfect read for the Halloween season! Set partly in Britain and partly in New York City, the story begins in early 19th-century Wales, where a preacher's wife, just impregnated in a rape, is scratched deeply by a werewolf. Long after, in the present, her daughter Ceese, bearing the werewolf curse (which carries with it strange telepathic powers) is "drawn' by her long-ago friend Penny to the castle owned by a ...more
Evan
Jun 12, 2009 Evan rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
KOMET
Sep 04, 2010 KOMET rated it really liked it
Katy
Sep 06, 2011 Katy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who like vampires and werewolves
Recommended to Katy by: Sue Dent
Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book through a giveaway. No stipulations were placed upon my receipt of the book, but I feel an honest review is appropriate in exchange.

Synopsis: What happens when a determined werewolf and a skeptical vampire join forces at the request of an aging friend? Will they succeed in finding a way to rid themselves of their respective curses in spite of their natural hatred for each other or will they suffer at the hands of a radical and evil stem cell resear
Tammie
2.5 stars. I liked the story but sometimes the characters came across as immature. There is too much bickering amongst them. I had to constantly remind myself that these were adults I was reading about, not little kids.
Jill Williamson
Jun 10, 2009 Jill Williamson rated it really liked it
Review by Jill Williamson

Penelope has a plan. She calls her dear friend Ceese, who happens to be a werewolf, to her castle home so that Ceese can help Penelope’s vampire friend Richard. Ceese and Richard instantly hate one another, but Penelope begs that they try to get along. She insists that they need each other to free themselves from their curses—vampire and werewolf—so that they may make it ti heaven someday. Ceese wants to be free very much, but Richard doesn’t believe it is possible. Pene
raquel soto
Apr 28, 2008 raquel soto rated it it was amazing
I have gotten to know the author from Shoutlife and had been meaning to get to buy the book, but had yet to get around to it. One day I was out with a friend who was an aspiring writer and I told her what I knew about this book (from the author and the many wonderful comments I read). It inspired her to not only finish her own book, but read this one as well. I was so inspired and blogged about it. I received the hardcover from the author herself a week later!

The problem with faith writers is th
Nicholas
Apr 29, 2013 Nicholas rated it it was amazing
First, some fun and facts:
When my office received this book, a handsome hardcover from Journey Stone Creations, and it found its way to my hands, I looked it over thoroughly and sent author Sue Dent an email confirming its receipt. On an odd note, the wolf on its cover was exactly the same wolf on my computer screen's wallpaper, and I held one up to the other amused. I'd been made aware of Sue's existence while browsing through that vast social bird's nest called Myspace, we corresponded a few
Jeff
May 06, 2008 Jeff rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like vampire/werewolf fiction
This was a very interesting read. A vampire/werewolf novel written from a Christian perspective. I did enjoy the book, but I will also confess that for about half the book, I literally hated the werewolf character, the girl the book is named after. She is an extremely difficult person to get along with. Granted she has little understanding of modern practices and customs, but she seems to work really hard at being difficult.

The other main character, Richard, seems rather arrogant at times, and
M.C. Pearson
Aug 20, 2008 M.C. Pearson rated it it was amazing
I adore this fantasy. Funny thing is that when I first went to read this, I had a strong bias against it and didn't read past the first paragraph. Two years later, I opened it up to give it another try...and was hooked. Although I found a few mistakes, the story was so good that it didn't matter.

Here's my Amazon review:

"At first? Reluctant. Next? Intrigued. By the second page? Thoroughly engaged. Sue has brought the urban mythos of vampires and werewolves to the spiritual plane. She causes her
Michelle
Sep 10, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Author Sue Dent is by far one of the best writters that I have had a privilige of enjoying! Never Ceese takes you on a journey that is so in depth that you feel as though you are along for the ride! Her description of characters and places and situations provides you with excellent background so that you know and understand exactly what is happening in said time. A rollercoaster of emotions ensues as you read and you will keep reading!!
Meg
Nov 30, 2009 Meg rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-nicki
This book gave me a strong feeling of religion mixed with the idea of the "Damed." Main character Ceese and Richard are damed, but in Ceese's lifetime she was a religious person, so now she tries to spend her time reading prayers and struggling through the Bible. These book is so unique and I looked every minute of it. Though the prologue was confusing I found that when I skipped it I had an easier time enjoying the book. Thank you so much Sue Dent for writing something so new and creative.
DeAnna Newsome
Jul 27, 2011 DeAnna Newsome rated it liked it
Not as fast-paced as many of the books I read, but it is very good. Sue Dent does a very good job of getting you emotionally involved with the characters. I found myself, even with my busy schedule, looking at the book and HAVING to give in and sit to read more.
Angel Gail Rose
Dec 05, 2008 Angel Gail Rose rated it did not like it
SOOO excited about this! A Christian paranormal book? FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: I couldn't read past a few pages it was so poorly written. Very disappointed!
Henrik
Oct 30, 2008 Henrik marked it as to-read
Recommended to Henrik by: Sue Dent
Received a signed copy today from the author. Thanks, Sue!:-)
David
David rated it it was ok
Sep 01, 2012
Alexander Beresford
Alexander Beresford rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2012
Becca
Becca rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2011
Mindy Ashley
Mindy Ashley rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2010
Prince
Prince rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2011
Brook Elaine
Brook Elaine rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Rebornbutterfly
Rebornbutterfly rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2009
Rachel D.
Rachel D. rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2012
Connie
Connie rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2009
L.m. Weaver
L.m. Weaver rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2010
Jillian
Jillian rated it it was ok
Oct 06, 2010
Kevin Lucia
Kevin Lucia rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2008
Haley
Haley rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2010
Magma
Magma rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2008
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2009
I would like to read an alternative to Twilight 2 3 Oct 26, 2009 02:35PM
  • Tats
  • Dance Of The Goblins (The Goblin, #1)
  • Be Strong & Curvaceous (All About Us, #3)
  • When Destiny Knocks (Destiny Saga, #1)
  • Fleeting Fires (Bleeding Heart, #3)
  • A Steal of a Deal (The Shop-Til-U-Drop Collection #2)
  • From Hell to Heaven to Hell
  • What the Kid Says (and Sometimes What I Say)
  • The Lion Vrie
  • The Firelight of Maalda (Legend of the Raie'Chaelia, #2)
  • The Necro Device
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • Children of the Flower Power
  • The Restorer's Journey (The Sword of Lyric #3)
  • Finding Cassilia
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Apocalypse: An Anthology by Authors and Readers
  • A Restless Knight (The Dragons of Challon, #1)
Sue Dent hails from Mississippi and is the author of Never Ceese and Forever Richard the first two installments in her Thirsting for Blood Series. Her debut novel Never Ceese appeared on the 2007 preliminary ballot for a Bram Stoker Award. Her second book in her Thirsting for Blood Series, Forever Richard, made the 2010 long-list at the British Fantasy Society.
Both Never Ceese and Forever Richard
More about Sue Dent...

Thirsting for Blood (2 books)
  • Forever Richard (Thirsting for Blood, #2)