Start by marking “Remains to Be Scene” as Want to Read:
Remains to Be Scene

Remains to Be Scene (Polly Pepper #1)

3.37  ·  Rating Details  ·  52 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Polly Pepper is a living legend, straight from television's golden age, complete with the star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. But these days, it seems her only time in the spotlight is accepting some yes-your-career-is-over Lifetime Achievement Award. Really, would it kill someone to offer her a decent role?

It kind of looks that way when the untimely death of her dear friend

Paperback, Large Print, 501 pages
Published June 1st 2007 by Wheeler Publishing (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Remains to Be Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remains to Be Scene

V. Briceland
Aug 20, 2012 V. Briceland rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of my enduring pet peeves with the subgenre of the 'cute' murder mystery is how callously its usually-adorable and winsome leads behave while solving a comical and quaint little murder or two—when in reality, the stench of crime is pretty dreadful, and can never be obscured by buckets of syrupy banter and sugary character quirks. Remains To Be Scene neatly manages to bypass that typical shortcoming, however, by making its lead detectives as thoroughly unpleasant as its murder victims, thus n ...more
Kevin
Aug 15, 2012 Kevin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What if Carol Burnett had starred in Murder She Wrote? Jordan answers that question with a wink and a giggle in his debut mystery starring Polly Pepper, an aging, Emmy-winning TV actress. Polly, unfortunately, hasn't worked in years, so she's thrilled when she comes up for a part in Detention Rules, a teen romp. To Polly's dismay, Sedra Stone, her longtime rival, steals the role. When Sedra belly flops to her death in an empty pool after her first day of filming, Polly gets another chance—until ...more
Mark Baker
Mar 03, 2014 Mark Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2007
Aging Hollywood star Polly Pepper finds the road to a comeback is dangerous when she steps into a role that lead to two murders on a movie set. Filled with Hollywood gossip and over the top characters, it's a fun debut that suffers from some rough writing.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Barbara
Apr 02, 2016 Barbara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Nadine
Jun 04, 2011 Nadine rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm just not one to be impressed with Hollywood people or goings-on. So the book had a strike against it from the very beginning. I also can't stand people who think they are important and do everything they can to impress others, especially name dropping. Strike two. The the star and everyone around her were lushes, and felt that homsexuality is normal. Strike three. The only good part was discovering who was the murderer.
Becky
Jun 18, 2008 Becky rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
I didn't like the characters in this one. I thought the heroine (washed-up Hollywood actress who lives with her son and maid named Placenta) was completely unsympathetic. She's rude and pathetic, her son doesn't do anything, and I don't understand her relationship with her maid - sometimes they seem all buddy-buddy, sometimes not. I gave up on this one less than halfway through.
Tatiana
May 28, 2015 Tatiana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
she's plucky and arrogant, yet delightfully entertaining, while you suppress the groan that makes her kind of charming...all in all it was a good read with an entertaining family unit in the story, and as non-traditional as one would expect of Hollywood.
Melea
Feb 28, 2009 Melea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, series
Polly Pepper is a former television star who spends most of her days drinking and solving TV mysteries. (she is really a likable character) Now, she finds herself solving a real murder, and she does it with charm and style!
Judi
HATED this book. I usually will keep going with a series even if I am only lukewarm into the first book in the series. Not the case here. If I could give it a minus 1 star, I would.
RiRi
Feb 17, 2015 RiRi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
Took me forever to finish(because of other priorities) but when I went back reading, I couldn't put it down :)

Jeanette
Jan 21, 2016 Jeanette rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring
This was a very boring book.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Jessica Cobleigh
Jessica Cobleigh marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Ana Palacios
Ana Palacios marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Maya McMullan
Maya McMullan marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Ruby
Ruby marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Khd
Khd rated it did not like it
Feb 24, 2016
Kelsea
Kelsea added it
Feb 16, 2016
Bobbie R
Bobbie R rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2016
Laranna Knight
Laranna Knight marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Jodielynn
Jodielynn marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Dianne
Dianne marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Bridget
Bridget marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Johanna Pipkin
Johanna Pipkin marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Jonathan
Jonathan marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Polly Pepper (4 books)
  • Final Curtain (Polly Pepper, #2)
  • A Talent For Murder