Start by marking “Remains to Be Scene” as Want to Read:
Remains to Be Scene

Remains to Be Scene (Polly Pepper #1)

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Polly Pepper is a living legend, straight from television's golden age, complete with the star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. But these days, it seems her only time in the spotlight is accepting some yes-your-career-is-over Lifetime Achievement Award. Really, would it kill someone to offer her a decent role?

It kind of looks that way when the untimely death of her dear friend

Paperback, Large Print, 501 pages
Published June 1st 2007 by Wheeler Publishing (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Remains to Be Scene, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remains to Be Scene

Kevin
What if Carol Burnett had starred in Murder She Wrote? Jordan answers that question with a wink and a giggle in his debut mystery starring Polly Pepper, an aging, Emmy-winning TV actress. Polly, unfortunately, hasn't worked in years, so she's thrilled when she comes up for a part in Detention Rules, a teen romp. To Polly's dismay, Sedra Stone, her longtime rival, steals the role. When Sedra belly flops to her death in an empty pool after her first day of filming, Polly gets another chance—until ...more
Mark Baker
Aging Hollywood star Polly Pepper finds the road to a comeback is dangerous when she steps into a role that lead to two murders on a movie set. Filled with Hollywood gossip and over the top characters, it's a fun debut that suffers from some rough writing.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Nadine
I'm just not one to be impressed with Hollywood people or goings-on. So the book had a strike against it from the very beginning. I also can't stand people who think they are important and do everything they can to impress others, especially name dropping. Strike two. The the star and everyone around her were lushes, and felt that homsexuality is normal. Strike three. The only good part was discovering who was the murderer.
Becky
I didn't like the characters in this one. I thought the heroine (washed-up Hollywood actress who lives with her son and maid named Placenta) was completely unsympathetic. She's rude and pathetic, her son doesn't do anything, and I don't understand her relationship with her maid - sometimes they seem all buddy-buddy, sometimes not. I gave up on this one less than halfway through.
Melea
Polly Pepper is a former television star who spends most of her days drinking and solving TV mysteries. (she is really a likable character) Now, she finds herself solving a real murder, and she does it with charm and style!
Judi
HATED this book. I usually will keep going with a series even if I am only lukewarm into the first book in the series. Not the case here. If I could give it a minus 1 star, I would.
Jeanette
This was a very boring book.
RiRi
RiRi is currently reading it
Dec 06, 2014
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Joelle
Joelle marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Tonya Redwine
Tonya Redwine marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Renae Larson
Renae Larson marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Claire Cole
Claire Cole marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2013
Ronni
Ronni marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Denni
Denni marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
Fallon
Fallon added it
Dec 06, 2014
Cindy Williams
Cindy Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Avis
Avis marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2012
Kaity
Kaity marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
But Darling, I'm Your Auntie Mame!: The Amazing History of the World's Favorite Madcap Aunt A Talent For Murder (Polly Pepper, #3) Set Sail for Murder (Polly Pepper, #4) Final Curtain (Polly Pepper, #2) But Darling I'm Your Auntie Mame!