Start by marking “Lecherous Limericks ” as Want to Read:
Lecherous Limericks

Lecherous Limericks

You have heard of Isaac Asimov as the Master of Science Fiction. But have you heard of Isaac Asimov the Celebrated Limerick Writer?

If not, you're in for a big and beautiful surprise as the great man makes his début into the world of the d___y limerick. 100 completely original, stirringly rhymed tales to suit the sauciest tastes. Including the stories of:

* the sad case of t
Published January 1st 1975 by Walker & Company

To ask other readers questions about Lecherous Limericks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lecherous Limericks

Manny
There was a young lady from Nyon
Who didn't have anything on
She said, "It's not rude
I'm artistically nude!
So who cares where my knickers have gone?"
I'm sorry, it just happened. I alluded to this infamous book earlier in the week, and today we went on a day-trip to a town a little further down the valley from Geneva...
________________________________

Two more limericks based on Swiss towns, composed on the way to work:
There was a young chap from Lausanne
Received poetry tips from his gran
He said, "H
Harriet
May 06, 2009 Harriet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Nothing is better than the king of science fiction sharing his vagina poetry with you.
Lilamedusa
I had never read anything by Asimov before this, which was probably a mistake. Asimov strikes me as the typical old man everybody idulges but secretly hates. He seems a talentless old man who's not even aware of his own unimportance. There are some genuinely funny limmericks there, but in general is a lot of "look at me, look at me" and I hated it, and even the good ones were ruined by his commentary.
(Notice how I have heroically avoided to mention hi sexism and racism drip all over the place,
David Macpherson
I couldn't believe that he wrote more than this book of limericks but four or five others. Lets hear it for tenacity. But my god, the limericks were fine, but for everyone he wrote a few paragraphs about how he wrote it, how he changed it and then some comments that lead him to be a dirty old man, I don't know if it was a character but it got tired fast. His comments about women's lib were interesting and a nice time capsule of opinion from someone living through it but too old to fully apprecia ...more
Raja99
Nov 04, 2010 Raja99 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why I Read This Book: I'd been fond of this book for a long time—someone dear to me gave me the hardcover as a birthday gift—but I'd never read it. The Red Cross annual book sale had a copy of the paperback in very good condition, so I bought it; somewhat to my surprise, I ended up reading it cover to cover.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, at least as much for Asimov's reminiscences as for the limericks themselves.

(Finished 2010-10-07 23:05:40.2 EDT +/- 0.08s. Approximately.)
Greg Santana
I like that he explains the structure of a limerick, and goes into detail of how he thought of each one.

Some are fun, others are mediocre, others don't follow the structure he specified at the beginning of the book.

I wish he stuck to the structure more and didn't cheat as much. They can be a bit forced and confusing.

Fun book though. I get a kick just thinking of Asimov writing these down.
Ed
Mar 28, 2015 Ed rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, poetry
811. 100 limericks from the pen of Asimov with his trademark notes of when and why he wrote them and explanations of what constitutes a limerick. Not bad but not great. The best: A young woman from South Carolina / Placed fiddle strings 'cross her vagina / With the proper-sized cocks / What was sex became Bach's / Toccata and Fugue in D Minor.
Britty Kitty
Some were really funny, some were really just groan worthy. Some he "cheated" on and they only work if you purposely mispronounce some words.

Really, the most interesting part was his description about each one, when he came up with it and why.
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2009
John
John rated it really liked it
May 17, 2013
Eric Kersting
Eric Kersting rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2016
Diego
Diego rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Kisholi
Kisholi rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2009
Bob Lefebvre
Bob Lefebvre rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2017
Avi
Avi rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2017
Ron Jett
Ron Jett rated it did not like it
Apr 20, 2010
Ian
Ian rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2010
Ben Davis
Ben Davis rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2015
Lety
Lety rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2012
Victoria Newcomb
Victoria Newcomb rated it it was ok
Jul 31, 2008
Nicholas George
Nicholas George rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2013
Stewart Tame
Stewart Tame rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Aram Jones
Aram Jones rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
Shery
Shery rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2010
Bill Lockhart
Bill Lockhart rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Marc
Marc rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2017
Avi
Avi rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2010
hafez
hafez rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2007
Marilyn Hartl
Marilyn Hartl rated it really liked it
May 29, 2010
Tony DeSimone
Tony DeSimone rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2014

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...