Start by marking “Spice Box (Grace Livingston Hill Series)” as Want to Read:
Spice Box (Grace Livingston Hill Series)

Spice Box (Grace Livingston Hill Series)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  8 reviews
He saved her life, then grew to love her. But can Dr. Sterling discover what is forcing his beautiful patient to keep her identity a secret?.
Published August 1st 1992 by Tyndale House Pub (first published January 1st 1943)

To ask other readers questions about Spice Box, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice Box

Anne
Grace Livingston Hill is kind of my go to for books I know I'll love when I get the craving for a good, romantic read. This one definitely delivers and the story of Miss Spicer is delightful. There are two distinct stories at first, which I will admit drove me a little crazy, but they become beautifully entwined to finish up a good book I would recommend. Great message about not judging people as individuals or groups without knowing them personally and about trusting God and persevering though ...more
I love Grace Livingstone Hill. Yes, her books are old fashioned. Yes, her books are somewhat predictable. But that woman could weave a lovely story that leaves you feeling happy at the end. I loved Spice Box and its wonderful message of reaching out to those around you.
Rachel
I like these clean Christian romances by Grace Livingston Hill; however, I will say that her good characters are almost too perfect and her bad ones horribly evil, which can make them amusing although that's not the intent. They are well written though.
Vicky
This was the first of Miss Hills books I ever read and it is still a favourite. I know they are old fashioned and get a bit preachy but I love picking up the simple sweet stories after a heavier plot twister.
I just love Miss Spicer and Ernestine!!
Bethany
Not bad. It really wasn't terribly romantic, which is what I expectd, but I found the story of Miss Spicer to be delightful and fun.
Julie
I recommend this book to anybody and everybody :) It is really a predictable plot overall, but it is great nonetheless :)
Cindy
I always consider the romance is secondary to the real story about Miss Spicer.
Shirley
I like all of the Grace Livingston Hill books. Reread them ever few years.
Alexa
Alexa marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Ngozi
Ngozi marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Mary Cousart
Mary Cousart marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Jana J. Jones
Jana J. Jones marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Mary Alexander
Mary Alexander marked it as to-read
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong Cover Image for ISBN 0842359397 3 26 Oct 08, 2013 02:43PM
  • I Take This Man
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • Anathema
  • Light from Heaven
  • Bygones (Sommerfield Trilogy, #1)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • A Christmas Promise (Cape Light #5)
  • Patterns of Love (Coming to America, #2)
  • Stepping Into Sunlight
  • A Kiss at Midnight
  • Missing Mabel
  • Ghostwriter
  • Montana Standoff
  • Out of the Shadows (Nick Barrett Mysteries, #1)
  • Pursuit (Roswell #7)
  • To Gather the Wind (Wayward Wind, #2)
  • Second Spring (Family Saga, #6)
  • A New Beginning (Roswell #5)
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald

A popular author of her day she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...
The Enchanted Barn Marcia Schuyler (Miranda Trilogy #1) The Girl from Montana (GLH #66) The Substitute Guest Crimson Roses