Christmas Bride

Christmas Bride (Love Endures Series #10)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  215 ratings  ·  21 reviews
A wealthy young man saves Margaret McClaren's life and falls in love with her. Then she disappears. Will he find her again? Grace Livingston Hill is the beloved author of more than 100 books. Read and enjoyed by millions, her wholesome stories contain adventure, romance, and the heartwarming triumphs of people faced with the problems of life and love.
Mass Market Paperback, 302 pages
Published October 24th 1994 by Living Books (first published 1934)

To ask other readers questions about Christmas Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas Bride

Christy by Catherine MarshallJulie by Catherine MarshallTo Live Again by Catherine MarshallAn Unwilling Guest by Grace Livingston HillThe Girl from Montana by Grace Livingston Hill
Christian Fiction 1900-1960
52nd out of 85 books — 10 voters
Beyond Waiting by Rebekah SnyderThe Misunderstood God by Darin HuffordThe Destiny of a Galaxy by Sarah HolmanThe Destiny of a Few by Sarah HolmanInterrupted by Rachel Coker
Best 2012 Reads
55th out of 57 books — 10 voters

More lists with this book...

Kathleen
Too much religion in this book, detracting from the story, and the message is somewhat inconsistent with Christ's command to feed the hungry, and to judge not. Otherwise, a sweet holiday romance, written in 1934.

Set in New England in the late 1920's during the Great Depression, the story spans Thanksgiving and Christmas. Heartwarming holiday scenes, with the H / h and her kindly old grandparents. Descriptive scenes of the Depression. The author lived through it, so she'd know. Some heartwrenchi...more
Sharon Chance
I have loved Grace Livingstone Hill's books for years, and I'm delighted that they are being reissued now! The Christmas Bride is a gentle story of love, faith and hope and is just a delight to revisit. I highly recommend this charming books!
Kate
Gregory Sterling is suddenly a man of the world after the discovery of oil on his property. When he witnessed Margaret McLaren fall he took it upon himself to assist in her care however he could despite the questioning of others concerning his honest motives.

Alice Blair whose past was known by Gregory realizes that some things need to be revitalized before the hour is overdue. But at what price?

Will love be rekindled or will there be another?

This read is a classic romantic gentle novel that will...more
Victor Gentile
Grace Livingston Hill in her new book, “The Christmas Bride” Book Nine in the Love Endures series published by Barbour Publishing, Inc. takes us into the life of Greg Sterling.

From the back cover: “His heart sank more and more over the ghastly thought that perhaps he should never find her again…”

Greg Sterling spent the last ten years out West trying to eke out a living on rough, unforgiving land…until he discovered oil and his fortune was made. With his recently acquired wealth to his name, Greg...more
Danielle Reily
I love Grace Livingston Hill's books, but they are a little old fashioned. In a lot of Hill's books the "good people" are very good, giving, caring, they don't smoke, wear make-up, dance, or drink, and they are attractive and intelligent. The "bad people" are very bad, they drink, smoke, drink, gamble, go out all night, they have multiple divoces, are immoddest, and while they can be portrayed as attractive and intelligent they usually end up being considered fake or false. It makes the plot and...more
Ibjoy1953
It’s been a long time since I’ve read a Grace Livingston Hill book! I am so glad they are making a comeback. I really enjoyed this wonderful Christmas story.

The head nurse on the hospital floor was a bit arrogant and took things into her own hands a bit too soon. Greg brought Margaret into the hospital and paid her entire bill, setting her room up as a memorial to give poor people a nice room for free while in the hospital. When Margaret found out, she really made an idiot of herself. But Greg s...more
Meredith Resce
I have loved reading Grace Livingston Hill in the past. She always writes in a bygone era - for the post modern reader. Of course it is her own era and therefore the attitude, language and Christian practice and ideals of the time are authentic. I admit that having recently been ruthlessly schooled on post modern writing styles, I was a bit distracted by her old fashioned writing style of telling, rather than showing. In the past this never bothered me, but I noticed it a lot this time. Still a...more
Mollythepirate
Written in 1934 and reprinted in 1994 with the most ridiculous cover possible. There was sparing use of slang, just the occasional, "Say, she's a crackerjack cook!" which actually tickled me quite a bit. Although I don't know anywhere I can check my bags for ten cents and buy a peanut butter sandwich for five cents anymore I thought this book felt pretty "new." Not too sappy but very cute.
Dianna
Not one of her best, but I liked the strong current of Biblical themes. I thought they got a bit extreme at times, but I liked to see how the heroine's grandparents trusted in God through their hard times, and how the newly married couple had strong values and convictions.
Rachel
I like these clean Christian romances by Grace Livingston Hill; however, I will say that her good characters are almost too perfect and her bad ones horribly evil, which can make them amusing although that's not the intent. They are well written though.
Tausha
Cute, clean read. This one was a little cheesy for me and very preachy, but still a cute read. The style of writing made more sense to me once I noticed the author actually lived (1865-1947). Glad I read it, but probably wouldn't read again.
Melissa
I liked this one, especially having read it around Christmas. It was wonderful to read about the relationship between two people who are Christians. It contains a bit of mystery along with adventure and romance. All in all, a good read.
Carrie Daws
It's an older book and I had to adjust to the writing style. It's written in the omniscient point of view, which I also had to adapt to since I don't read many of those. But the story is sweet and the main characters charming.
Magma
Jan 22, 2008 Magma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: romance lovers
ohmygosh! this is the first Grace Livingston Hill book I read when I was a kid! I still love this one the most probably.....or it's tied with The Enchanted Barn.

*after reading* I always love it every time I read this book.
Roberta
Another Christian love story culminating in a Christmas wedding. Somehow she pulls it off without being too, too sappy. BUT, I don't think I could read GLH any other time of the year.
Wilani Wahl
I love Grace Livingston Hill and this book was true to the others. It is a wonderful book. Very clearly talks about the Lord and being a Christian.
Cassie ♥
I have read many of Hill's novels two or three times. I based my reviews on how well I remembered them. Sweet memories!!
Sarah Cearley
Grace Livingston Hill is my guilty pleasure...
Graham
This would be a great movie.
Annie
very predictable, but cute.
Jessica Carter
Jessica Carter marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Deborah Meabon
Deborah Meabon marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Susan Johnson
Susan Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • A Wild Goose Chase Christmas
  • A Merry Little Christmas (Songs of the Season)
  • A Texas Legacy Christmas (Texas Legacy #4)
  • Unwrapping Christmas
  • Let Them Eat Fruitcake (86 Bloomberg Place, #2)
  • A Family for Christmas
  • The Fruit of My Lipstick (All About Us, #2)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Holiday Hideout
  • Silent Star
  • The Mermaid in the Basement (Lady Trent Mystery #1)
  • Return of the Guardian-King (Legends of the Guardian-King, #4)
  • The Spring of Candy Apples (Sweet Seasons, #4)
  • Forever Christmas
  • An Amish Christmas (Brides of Amish Country, #3)
  • A Patchwork Christmas: Three Christmas Romances with Bonus Handcraft Patterns and Cookie Recipes
  • Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (merge)
  • Remembering Christmas
also wrote under the pseudonym Marcia MacDonald

A popular author of her day she wrote over 100 novels and numerous short stories of religious and Christian fiction. Her characters were most often young female ingénues, frequently strong Christian women or those who become so within the confines of the story.
More about Grace Livingston Hill...
The Enchanted Barn Marcia Schuyler (Miranda Trilogy #1) The Girl from Montana (GLH #66) Crimson Roses The Substitute Guest