Start by marking “My Greatest Day in Football: The Legends of Football Recount Their Greatest Moments” as Want to Read:

As he did for his previous books, My Greatest Day in NASCAR and My Greatest Day in Golf, sports journalist Bob McCullough has crisscrossed the country interviewing legendary football players who are in the Hall of Fame. In addition to asking about their greatest day, McCullough has expanded these interviews to include thoughts on their greatest college day, greatest oppone ...more
Published October 12th 2001 by Thomas Dunne Books

To ask other readers questions about My Greatest Day in Football, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Greatest Day in Football

Josef Hissom
Nov 22, 2013 Josef Hissom rated it it was ok
My Greatest Day in Football: The Legends of Football Recount Their Greatest Moments was a book not worth reading. The book is written by Bob McCullough, who does nothing to help the readers understand the interviews with the football players, especially in the Bobby Bell chapter. There are a lot of characters in this book all of them football stars telling their favorite sports moment.
The first interview was definitely the best. Chuck Bednarik was one of the few football players that actually ha
David
Jan 25, 2013 David rated it did not like it
This was an absolute clunker...the worst written book I've ever experienced. Bob McCullough basically turns on his recorder and lets a pack of Hall-of-Famers talk, then transcribes it word-for-word into chapters. The book comes across as being a disorganized mess. And it is clear that all of these athletes have fuzzy memories of their playing days, but McCullough does absolutely nothing to clear up any of the facts. Ridiculous. This book is getting donated or put into the garage sale pile.
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2013