Start by marking “Consultant's Journey: A Dance of Work and Spirit” as Want to Read:
Consultant's Journey: A Dance of Work and Spirit

Consultant's Journey: A Dance of Work and Spirit

Foreword by Peter Block This autobiography of one of the founders of the organization development (OD) profession offers a candid and personal view of both Roger Harrison's own development as a consultant and of the growing OD profession--from its origins in the 1950s through to the present.

Harrison offers an insightful look at his personal and professional life, from his
Published May 24th 1995 by Jossey-Bass (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Consultant's Journey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Consultant's Journey

Bruce
Nov 21, 2016 Bruce rated it it was amazing
I have been intending to read this book for about fifteen years following a friend's recommendation. I got hold of a second hand copy recently and it was well worth the belated purchase. In fact, I wish I had read it much earlier in my consulting career. Roger Harrison's odyssey - as has been mentioned in many other reviews - parallels the development of OD up to the time of writing in 1995. Whilst many books on OD and management quickly go out of date, it is incredible how relevant and indeed ...more
Philippe
„Consultant’s Journey” is a unique and precious memoir of a life spent in service of organizations in transformation. The book provides an exceptionally authentic insight into the life of a consultant struggling to come to grips with wicked problems in social systems.

I read the book for the first time almost twenty years ago, when I was at the very brink of my own consultancy career. Today the story resonates even more than it did back then.

Consultant’s Journey can be read as a set of four int
Bruce
Bruce rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Aubyn Howard
Aubyn Howard rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2015
John
John rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Diederick Janse
Diederick Janse is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2010
James Wilkinson
James Wilkinson marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Theis
Theis marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Bethany Meinke
Bethany Meinke marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015