Start by marking “The Best of Jim Baen's Universe [With CDROM]” as Want to Read:
The Best of Jim Baen's Universe [With CDROM]

The Best of Jim Baen's Universe [With CDROM]

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Top-Selling established writers and brilliant newcomers both appear regularly in the online magazine, "Jim Baen's Universe," edited by Eric Flint, creator of the "New York Times" best-selling ?Ring of Fire? series. Now, editor Flint selects a generous serving of the best science fiction and fantasy stories that have appeared in the magazine. Hugo and Nebula Award winners, ...more
Published July 3rd 2007 by Baen Books (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Jim Baen's Universe [With CDROM], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best of Jim Baen's Universe [With CDROM]

K. Axel
Ok, I needed a fast injection of Science Fiction and so picked up this "little" book that had been resting (and gathering dust) on my shelf. To be completely honest, I have yet to read a really good Baen book (they always seem to have the feel of cheapness..), and so, my hopes are not that great for this one, although it does contain a couple of interesting names, like Gregory Benford and Gene Wolfe.

This is a review-in-progress, which means that I will add a small review of each individual short
Snail in Danger (Sid) Nicolaides
There were only 3 or 4 stories in here that grabbed my attention. More interesting: the writings at the end about why genetic coding for long life is not necessarily likely to be successful. Recently it's occurred to me that much of SF is concerned with finding ways to live longer than nature would normally allow, and/or become immortal - I wonder if Baen had similar thoughts.
Maya Bohnhoff
Contains one of my favorite magical realism stories that I've written "The Nature of Things". I was honored to have it included. I'm working on a novel-length series that actually ties into "Nature".
Teddy
Mixed bag. Some good ones, but they were pulled down by the rest.
Michele
Lots of stories, something for everyone.
Scottie Kosiewicz jr.
Scottie Kosiewicz jr. marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Patrick
Patrick marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Michel
Michel marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Travis Anderson
Travis Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Julie Wile
Julie Wile marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Jeremy Garnett
Jeremy Garnett marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Lise
Lise added it
Nov 21, 2013
Travis
Travis added it
Oct 08, 2013
Rose Young
Rose Young marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Susan Kerr
Susan Kerr marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Eric
Eric added it
Jul 30, 2013
Ursula
Ursula marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Eric Flint is a New York Times bestselling American author, editor, and e-publisher. The majority of his main works are alternate history science fiction, but he also writes humorous fantasy adventures.
More about Eric Flint...
1632 (Assiti Shards, #1) 1633 1634 The Baltic War (Assiti Shards, #5) 1634: The Galileo Affair (Assiti Shards, #3) In the Heart of Darkness (Belisarius, #2)