Start by marking “Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses

Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates #2)

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,231 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
Izzie is cool, bright and sassy. And when she meets gorgeous Mark she's on a real high. He's divine! And he likes her. But why doesn't he call when he says he will? Desperate to make sense of things Izzie consults her horoscope and stays at home. Lucy and Nesta try to give her a reality check but she doesn't want to hear.
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published May 1st 2005 by Bolinda Publishing (first published April 19th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses

Cora Tea Party Princess
It was OK...

It's weird. When I read these as a teen, Izzie was my favourite character. But I don't really like her now I'm older. She's too whiny. So I didn't enjoy this book as much as this one was focused mainly on her.

The best part of this series is the subtle lessons - namely don't be a slag and don't give in to pushy boys who want you to go further than you're comfortable with.

Another tween book for girls, carrying on the teenage drama of the Mates, Dates series with a feel-good ending that
Patricia
Jan 01, 2010 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is mostly about Lucy's story. Lucy saw this guy at a shop. She liked him a lot. He said she will call her , but he never did. So that had Lucy going crazy. It was tearing her away from her friends and family. It was all about Mark calling her. There was an external conflict between Nesta and Izzie when Izzie was getting happy about Mark. Nesta kept saying the opposite and that made Izzie feel bad. This took place in London. The main characters are Izzie, Nesta, and Lucy.
Text to Self
Sara
May 13, 2015 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vaikka nää kirjat olenkin lukenut useasti, en koskaan kuitenkaan järjestyksessä. Nyt ajattelin tehdä kerrankin niin, saa nähdä saanko sarjasta tällein enemmän irti. :D
Grace
Nov 13, 2013 Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-term
After reading the first novel in the "Mate, Dates" series, I knew I had to read the second novel. In "Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses" it follows and tells the story of a fourteen-year-old girl named Izzy, and her two best friends Nesta and Lucy.

After seeing a boy at a craft fair one day, Izzy was convinced the feeling she had toward him was love. She gave the boy her phone number, but after she declined many invitations to go out with her friends due to waiting for a phone call from him she rea
Kelli
Aug 04, 2011 Kelli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was funny and cute and true. I only wish I had read it when I was 14. It's more than fiction it's like the girls guide to adolescense. The relationships in this book so closely mirrored the relationships I had myself as a teenager and I think if I had read it then I could more fully understood what was going on.
Cathy Hopkins had one underlying resounding lesson throughout the book and that was confidence. Boys don't find anything more attractive than a girl with a solid back-bone and
Rosie
Dec 06, 2012 Rosie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls 13+
Shelves: favorites
This book is amazing...
borrowed it from library, read it 10 times :P
It has some really good messages for girls aged 14+ -izzie is a very relatable character who is trying to figure lads out.
The main messages I got from this book are to never, ever neglect your friends, and don't let a guy mess with your head- something I read about too late :P This book would deffo help teens figure out stuff in their own life.
Loved the lists with tips and advice in this book, although I have to say that the son
Cat {Wild Night In}
I thought that the opening tone was going to make for super-cringey reading but over the course of the book, it turned into something that younger-me would have loved reading on a sunny afternoon. The poems/ songs were a fun touch and the way the main characters handled their respective issues was fairly awesome and grown-up.

I do wish the word 'tart' hadn't come up so much, but then again, this was written back in 2001.

The major plus to this being set in North London in the early 2000s was that
Luke
Jul 27, 2014 Luke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this as part of my Young Adult creative writing project reading list (female character, teenager 14y/o etc) and found it an OK read.

+ Good message on how to handle sexual pressure.

+ realistic family relationships

- I didn't like most of the characters- I never felt like I knew the protagonist because we are thrown in different directions throughout the story (maybe this is part of the author's intention- showing how chaotic a 14 year old girl's life must be.)

- would have been nice to see
Irene Liang
Oct 06, 2014 Irene Liang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is talking about friendships and relationships between a girl Izzie and her best friends Lucy and Nesta. Izzie fell in love with a boy Mark and Lucy was a girlfriend of Nesta's brother Tony. But at the end they all broke up.

This book is the type of book that I am interested in. While I was reading this book, it was like a movie. It made me recalled my experience. I had many common with Izzie.

"Boys. Strange species. Don't want you when you want them and do want you when you're not int
Yormara Cintron
May 18, 2012 Yormara Cintron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We all have thought to be inlove and been inlove and have known how it feels to be love. Izzie goes through it all! This book is mostly for girls who like to read cute love stories and love to read about other teenagers having boy troubles. Izzie really likes Mark but Mark is just leaving Izzie alone which is exactly what she don't want. She doesn't want to wait on the phone anymore she wants him to talk to her. Why can't he just call her instead of making her wait? The main characters in this b ...more
Afifah
It's a very quick read, I think I read this for 2 or 3 hours. I kinda re-read this book. I mean, I had read the Indonesian version of this book at least 4 times during junior and senior high, but this is the first time I read the English version. And it was great to read both versions of the book.

I like how this book concentrated on Izzie because she's really into horoscope and stuff like aromatherapy oils, and etc. I actually learnt a few stuffs about aromatherapy oils from this book. And it wa
Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses as IR book. This book is about not letting boys mess with your emotions. Or let him miss you things like your friends. Izzie meets Mark and she thinks she's in love. But when he says he will call all she does is hover over the phone. She winds up missing a lot of things including her friends. Meanwhile the only way to see him is to casually bump into him. But she soon realizes what is happening and starts to do something.
One connection i have is an Text-t
Bumblebeebookworm
Feb 22, 2015 Bumblebeebookworm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was cleaning up as I am moving and figured I might as well read it. Easy read and good entertainment, but I find the girls a bit too young for hoe they are acting, I suppose time changes, but I think 14 is kind of early to be that much focused on your body. However I liked how they are trying to find out about boys and their friendship.
Genesis
Nov 01, 2009 Genesis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8th-grade-ir
In this book, Mates Dates; Cosmic kisses this was about not letting boys mess with your feelings. You see Izzie meets this guy Mark and well he turned out to be a guy to mess with your emotions. Day by day Izzie was changing into a totally different person. She actually winded up losing all her friends,popularity, trust,real friends... basically everything.

I can connect to this because in the seventh grade I met a guy and that tore me apart just like it tore Izzie apart with her friends populari
Dany
Dec 01, 2015 Dany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In questo libro, più di ogni altro della serie che ho letto, viene ribadito il concetto del legame tra le ragazze, la forza dell'amicizia che prevale sulle relazioni sentimentali.
ma soprattutto prende forma il concetto del "le ragazze possono prendere decisioni e fare le regole, non dobbiamo essere sottomesse alle false promesse dei ragazzi" che secondo me è una cosa importante per un'adolescente alle prime armi.
Siamo sinceri, vogliamo tutti essere voluti. Ma non per forza dobbiamo stare alle r
Katlyn
Too many horoscopes and tons of spiritual crap. I really did not enjoy reading from Izzie's point of view. And she was ignoring her friends the entire book waiting for some jerk to call... Perhaps I have aged out of these books. I will see when I read the next couple I guess! I rather liked Lucy's POV... 2.5/5
Joanna Alvarez
I didn't like how the main character obsessed over the stars and horoscopes, or that she was too obsessed with the boy she only met once maybe twice. but i loved the ending
Isa Luna
Nov 13, 2014 Isa Luna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Este libro no me gusto tanto como el primero.

Por el simple echo de que Izzie odia a los hombres. Este libro no cumplió mis expectativas, la verdad, esperaba mucho de este libro...
Kayla Lee
Oct 19, 2015 Kayla Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a teeny book it was actually pretty good. I wanted to slowly work my way back into reading and this small book helped.
Angela
Mar 27, 2016 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ending saved this book from a two or lower. Too much whining and boy obsessing. I mean total life take over...
Lara
Sep 09, 2014 Lara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I have no idea why this book was on my shelf - it must have been on some reading list. I am some decades older than the target audience, but still enjoyed it. And, sadly, one can get older but not a heck of a lot wiser. I understood only too we'll Izzie's obsessions, and appreciated the get-your-own-life moral of the story. And it was so pleasant to read for a change about decent, nice people - not a child-molesting wicked step-parent in sight. I only wish there had been light-reading, sensible ...more
Shuurei Allet
Apr 11, 2014 Shuurei Allet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dates-and-mates
my most fav part is BOYS SPEAK on page 35
Bree
Aug 10, 2013 Bree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These books are probably the easiest series I've read! They have a really low reading level, but I read them just for the heck of it! Just so you know it's based on girls that don't live in the US! It took me forever to figure that out!!! *face palm at my dumbness* However, if you're looking for a really simple series to read this one might work! I don't exactly remember the books, but I don't think you even have to really read all of them to figure out a good ending. Either way I could read eac ...more
Paige
Jan 30, 2016 Paige rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-shelf
Raufa
its great love this
Sierra Lawrence
Mar 08, 2014 Sierra Lawrence rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute and witty series
Giulia Iodice
Apr 05, 2013 Giulia Iodice rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nothing but praises for this book series. The adventures of Lucy, Izzie, Nesta and TJ have been my loyal companion throughout my teenagehood, and never failed to make me laughs and the right moment, or wondering impatiently how it was gonna turn out between Lucy and Tony.
I have the best memories of the books (unfortunately I couldn't read them all as they stopped selling them in my hometown in Italy), and if I found the latest ones I wouldn't feel ashamed to buy them even now for a good and lig
Chantelle
Feb 29, 2016 Chantelle marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Lovrit
Taylor
Oct 16, 2010 Taylor rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read and hard to put down. It is about a girl named Izzie has some sass to her personality. She meets a handsome guy named Mark and he tells her that he will call her. She waits days and he still didnt call so she figured he said he would phone her to get rid of her.She was desperate so she was always home in case he called.Izzie's best friends Lucy and Nesta give her a reality check and things start to head in the right direction for her and all the bo ...more
  • The Past, the Present and the Loud, Loud Girl (Ally's World, #1)
  • Speeding (Hard Cash Trilogy, #3)
  • Tessa in Love
  • Lady: My Life as a Bitch
  • 30 Guys in 30 Days

Mates, Dates (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles (Mates, Dates #7)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)
  • Mates, Dates, and Diamond Destiny (Mates, Dates, #11)