Start by marking “Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses

Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates #2)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  2,808 ratings  ·  82 reviews
Izzie is cool, bright and sassy. And when she meets gorgeous Mark she's on a real high. He's divine! And he likes her. But why doesn't he call when he says he will? Desperate to make sense of things Izzie consults her horoscope and stays at home. Lucy and Nesta try to give her a reality check but she doesn't want to hear.
Audio CD, 2 pages
Published May 1st 2005 by Bolinda Publishing (first published April 19th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mates, Dates and Cosmic Kisses

Cora Linn
It was OK...

It's weird. When I read these as a teen, Izzie was my favourite character. But I don't really like her now I'm older. She's too whiny. So I didn't enjoy this book as much as this one was focused mainly on her.

The best part of this series is the subtle lessons - namely don't be a slag and don't give in to pushy boys who want you to go further than you're comfortable with.

Another tween book for girls, carrying on the teenage drama of the Mates, Dates series with a feel-good ending that
Patricia
This book is mostly about Lucy's story. Lucy saw this guy at a shop. She liked him a lot. He said she will call her , but he never did. So that had Lucy going crazy. It was tearing her away from her friends and family. It was all about Mark calling her. There was an external conflict between Nesta and Izzie when Izzie was getting happy about Mark. Nesta kept saying the opposite and that made Izzie feel bad. This took place in London. The main characters are Izzie, Nesta, and Lucy.
Text to Self
Grace
After reading the first novel in the "Mate, Dates" series, I knew I had to read the second novel. In "Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses" it follows and tells the story of a fourteen-year-old girl named Izzy, and her two best friends Nesta and Lucy.

After seeing a boy at a craft fair one day, Izzy was convinced the feeling she had toward him was love. She gave the boy her phone number, but after she declined many invitations to go out with her friends due to waiting for a phone call from him she rea
Kelli
This book was funny and cute and true. I only wish I had read it when I was 14. It's more than fiction it's like the girls guide to adolescense. The relationships in this book so closely mirrored the relationships I had myself as a teenager and I think if I had read it then I could more fully understood what was going on.
Cathy Hopkins had one underlying resounding lesson throughout the book and that was confidence. Boys don't find anything more attractive than a girl with a solid back-bone and
Rosie
Dec 06, 2012 Rosie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls 13+
Shelves: favorites
This book is amazing...
borrowed it from library, read it 10 times :P
It has some really good messages for girls aged 14+ -izzie is a very relatable character who is trying to figure lads out.
The main messages I got from this book are to never, ever neglect your friends, and don't let a guy mess with your head- something I read about too late :P This book would deffo help teens figure out stuff in their own life.
Loved the lists with tips and advice in this book, although I have to say that the son
Cat {Wild Night In}
I thought that the opening tone was going to make for super-cringey reading but over the course of the book, it turned into something that younger-me would have loved reading on a sunny afternoon. The poems/ songs were a fun touch and the way the main characters handled their respective issues was fairly awesome and grown-up.

I do wish the word 'tart' hadn't come up so much, but then again, this was written back in 2001.

The major plus to this being set in North London in the early 2000s was that
Luke
I read this as part of my Young Adult creative writing project reading list (female character, teenager 14y/o etc) and found it an OK read.

+ Good message on how to handle sexual pressure.

+ realistic family relationships

- I didn't like most of the characters- I never felt like I knew the protagonist because we are thrown in different directions throughout the story (maybe this is part of the author's intention- showing how chaotic a 14 year old girl's life must be.)

- would have been nice to see
Irene Liang
This book is talking about friendships and relationships between a girl Izzie and her best friends Lucy and Nesta. Izzie fell in love with a boy Mark and Lucy was a girlfriend of Nesta's brother Tony. But at the end they all broke up.

This book is the type of book that I am interested in. While I was reading this book, it was like a movie. It made me recalled my experience. I had many common with Izzie.

"Boys. Strange species. Don't want you when you want them and do want you when you're not int
Yormara Cintron
We all have thought to be inlove and been inlove and have known how it feels to be love. Izzie goes through it all! This book is mostly for girls who like to read cute love stories and love to read about other teenagers having boy troubles. Izzie really likes Mark but Mark is just leaving Izzie alone which is exactly what she don't want. She doesn't want to wait on the phone anymore she wants him to talk to her. Why can't he just call her instead of making her wait? The main characters in this b ...more
Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses as IR book. This book is about not letting boys mess with your emotions. Or let him miss you things like your friends. Izzie meets Mark and she thinks she's in love. But when he says he will call all she does is hover over the phone. She winds up missing a lot of things including her friends. Meanwhile the only way to see him is to casually bump into him. But she soon realizes what is happening and starts to do something.
One connection i have is an Text-t
Genesis
In this book, Mates Dates; Cosmic kisses this was about not letting boys mess with your feelings. You see Izzie meets this guy Mark and well he turned out to be a guy to mess with your emotions. Day by day Izzie was changing into a totally different person. She actually winded up losing all her friends,popularity, trust,real friends... basically everything.

I can connect to this because in the seventh grade I met a guy and that tore me apart just like it tore Izzie apart with her friends populari
Isa Luna
Este libro no me gusto tanto como el primero.

Por el simple echo de que Izzie odia a los hombres. Este libro no cumplió mis expectativas, la verdad, esperaba mucho de este libro...
Lara
I have no idea why this book was on my shelf - it must have been on some reading list. I am some decades older than the target audience, but still enjoyed it. And, sadly, one can get older but not a heck of a lot wiser. I understood only too we'll Izzie's obsessions, and appreciated the get-your-own-life moral of the story. And it was so pleasant to read for a change about decent, nice people - not a child-molesting wicked step-parent in sight. I only wish there had been light-reading, sensible ...more
Shuurei Allet
my most fav part is BOYS SPEAK on page 35
Bree
These books are probably the easiest series I've read! They have a really low reading level, but I read them just for the heck of it! Just so you know it's based on girls that don't live in the US! It took me forever to figure that out!!! *face palm at my dumbness* However, if you're looking for a really simple series to read this one might work! I don't exactly remember the books, but I don't think you even have to really read all of them to figure out a good ending. Either way I could read eac ...more
Raufa
its great love this
Giulia Iodice
Nothing but praises for this book series. The adventures of Lucy, Izzie, Nesta and TJ have been my loyal companion throughout my teenagehood, and never failed to make me laughs and the right moment, or wondering impatiently how it was gonna turn out between Lucy and Tony.
I have the best memories of the books (unfortunately I couldn't read them all as they stopped selling them in my hometown in Italy), and if I found the latest ones I wouldn't feel ashamed to buy them even now for a good and lig
Taylor
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read and hard to put down. It is about a girl named Izzie has some sass to her personality. She meets a handsome guy named Mark and he tells her that he will call her. She waits days and he still didnt call so she figured he said he would phone her to get rid of her.She was desperate so she was always home in case he called.Izzie's best friends Lucy and Nesta give her a reality check and things start to head in the right direction for her and all the bo ...more
Lynne weir
Finished!!! Such a quick read and so fun. I confess she did get annoying and did come off as a bit selfish through most of the book which bugged me but other than that the book was great. though I was more interested in Lucy's story. The song lyrics were good and it did have a great message for all girls out there. dont let guys mess you around, dont shape your life around the phone that may not even ring and most important if you like a guy take charge, dont let him call all the shots.
Karina
This book is about a girl named Izzie that meets a boy that its gorgeous and it's impatient for him to call her. Izzie actually starts hanging out with him and they actually start going out, Izzie starts saying what they do and how much she loves him and lucy gets jealous because her relationship is not like that with the boy shes with. After i read this book i learned that you cant fall in love with a guy to much because then he gets you under a spell and its hard to forget him afterwards.
MG_LiiTE
Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses By: Cathy Hopkins is a recommended book for teenage girls. Its flirty cover is very capturing to the readers’ eye. While reading this book I thought it was going to be all about boys but it actually shows the importance of friends in your life as well. This book can be a fairytale to one but also allow the reader to relate to it. Therefore, I recommend this book to whoever loves romance and suspense.
Jennie
This is Izzie's story about trying to find a boy. She meets Mark in the shops at Camden. He's lovely and she's smitten but he doesn't call when he says he will! (Oh my god! He's a real boy!) And Izzie's always trying randomly run into him and generally making a painful fool of herself in the way only a smitten 14-year-old can. All the while, ignoring the perfectly lovely Ben who is obviously a better match. Predictable and sweet.
Leslie
I read this for our Library Genre Discussions - Teen Reads and enjoyed it. I listened to the Bolinda recording and loved the Aussie accent of the reader. This book took me back to the agonizing teen years when boys were the beginning and ending of my interests. Fortunately, like Izzy, I realized that my friends were more important and that boys would come and go. Fun read, but I wouldn't want to go back in time at all.
Suki
This is one my favorite authors because her books are humorous and it is relatable to teenagers like us. it talks about boyfriends, friends, school and more. Sometimes i feel like i am one of the characters in the novel. When i read this book, i can't put it down like it was glued to my hands. I think i am going to read all of Cathy Hopkins's books and series because i like her style of writing. More books coming!
Nenia Campbell
I didn't like this book as much as Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras. Izzie is a lot whinier than Lucy, and a lot less interested in the world outside herself. Unlike Lucy, who is actually pretty funny and designs clothes, Izzie is far more self-absorbed and writes emo song lyrics and confronts astrology and horoscopes for... well, basically every conceivable facet of her life.

It wasn't bad though. Lucy overcomes a lot of hurdles and matures a lot in her relationship with Tony. Nesta is as hilar
Kristelle
Like the first book in the Mates, Dates series, this book focuses on the friendship between girls and the interests that young girls have. In particular, Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses focuses on what it is like for a girl to want to have a boy to pursue her and be interested - and what happens when that doesn't happen. This book is a relatively quick read that young adolescents can appreciate.
Mariandrea

this book is great even tough i like the first bookof the series better. Cathy hopkins is a great author i mean once you startyou really cant stop. Its about Izzie a teenage girl who falls in love for the first time. The guy mark plays hard with her and Izzie doesnt understand that. she thinks he hates her its so hilarious. At the end Izzie dumps Mark and goes with Ben.
Betsy L.
Sep 27, 2007 Betsy L. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone that likes to read about teens
There's a series of this books that basically talk about all the things that these four girls go through as teen in Europe somewhere. They have to vercome many obstacles and go through the growth from a girl to a women. I loved it(the series) simply because i love to read about teens and their experiences which these books talk about. =D

okay thats all
  • Dates, Double Dates and Big, Big Trouble (Ally's World, #2)
  • Speeding (Hard Cash Trilogy, #3)
  • Tessa in Love
  • Lady: My Life as a Bitch
  • Wishes and Dreams (Sweet 16, #2)
  • Dating Game (So Little Time, #9)
  • Spin Control (Royally Jacked, #2)
  • Startled by His Furry Shorts (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson, #7)
Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1) Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4) Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9) Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3) Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)