Start by marking “Beauty from Ashes (Georgia Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Beauty from Ashes (Georgia Trilogy, #3)

Beauty from Ashes (Georgia Trilogy #3)

4.28  ·  Rating Details  ·  526 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
For four decades Eugenia Price has shared her love and knowledge of the American South with tens of millions of readers worldwide. From the intimate details of her characters' lives and loves, to the pageant of history that sweeps across the land like a relentless storm, her books contain pure pleasure, and have made her one of the most beloved novelists of our time. Now,
Published June 15th 1996 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1995)

Becky L
Jun 30, 2008 Becky L rated it it was amazing
Every word of this trilogy based on the real diaries of a woman who lived through the late revolutionary war through the early 1800's is very inspiring & insightful.
Must read all.
Luckngrace
This book is a study in grief. The first two-thirds of the book explores the diary of a real life Georgia woman just before the Civil War. I especially enjoyed the last third of the book when Anne Frazer's family had to face the Civil War, more family losses and starvation. Recommended for people interested in emotional healing and grief.
Sue
Sep 09, 2015 Sue rated it liked it
The final book of the trilogy opens with Anne as a new widow back in the Lawrence cottage with the three girls and John Couper. It continues through the years leading up to and into the Civil War as she is forced to move and re-establish herself in Marietta.
Re-read in 2013. I've enjoyed the series although I've had enough of the South for a while. It's well written so I really felt like I had a sense of the culture and setting. That could be why I need a break - I really sensed I was back in t
Lisa
Jan 18, 2008 Lisa rated it liked it
Another addition to the books I started reading with my mom. I had become by this time interested enough to need to finish it but the story was bringing me down. I appreciated all the work the author had done to make it historically accurate. The books weren't enough to make me want to read other series by her though.
Graceann
Dec 03, 2007 Graceann rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans
The final volume in the Georgia trilogy, which takes our heroine to Marietta, Georgia to try to get through the American Civil War in one piece. A fitting finish to a satisfying series.
Laura Weiland
Aug 23, 2010 Laura Weiland rated it it was amazing
Amazing series - a must read if you enjoy Southern history. Eugenia Price was a truly master at writing!!
Jordan Mierek
Oct 21, 2008 Jordan Mierek rated it really liked it
I have a thing for historical novels, so I enjoyed this.
Kim Malavey
Mar 23, 2014 Kim Malavey rated it it was ok
I think this is the only Eugenia Price novel I didn't like.
I enjoyed the first two books of this trilogy but just didn't get into this at all. I found Anne an unlikable, spoiled character. The mourning for her husband got very old, very over-done. Most of us are able to put our grief aside for the good of our children. She came across as unintelligent and self-centered. I did finish it but only when I had nothing better to do.
Cheryl
May 05, 2011 Cheryl rated it liked it
I liked this book better than the other two in the trilogy I think because of the glimpse it gave into the Civil War. It also did a good job of showing how a family breaks apart thanks to finances, politics, marriages, etc... But I got weary of reading about Anne's grieving. I know she suffered a lot in a short period, but twelve years seemed a long time to waste your life in limbo.

Overall, not a great series and I have no desire to read any of Price's other novels. This story had great potentia
John
Apr 11, 2014 John rated it did not like it
Had to stop after 276 pages. it was soooooo bad, s stupid, lousy characters, no plot. Just a bunch of people feeling sorry for themselves.
Mikelkpoet
Sep 10, 2014 Mikelkpoet rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful and brilliant book by Eugenia.
Patsy
Jun 04, 2014 Patsy rated it it was amazing
Eugenia Price is one of my favorite authors, the 3rd book in the Georgia Trilogy Series. The story and characters were outstanding
telling about the children that are now grown up and how the mother makes it on her own. This required much research
on the authors part. All three books were about the same family by the time you are reading the third book you know the personally of each family member. The Author even tells you where the family members are buried and how to find the cemeteries. A goo
Marilyn
Nov 14, 2010 Marilyn rated it liked it
The final book of the Georgia Trilogy by Eugenia Price. The setting changed to Marietta and the days leading up to the Civil War. The author highlighted how often family ties were broken when members found themselves on opposing sides of the conflict. It was interesting to read about the early days of Cobb County and how people viewed the area.
Penny
Mar 10, 2013 Penny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending to a great trilogy. If you enjoy historical fiction, you will love this book. Don't read this book alone, you must read the previous two, for complete enjoyment.
Wendy
Jul 27, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again. . . you canNOT go wrong with Eugenia Price. . . ever!
Faye
Gwendolyn Coleman
Feb 01, 2013 Gwendolyn Coleman rated it really liked it
love her style ...
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Danelle Cale
Danelle Cale marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
LaDonna Kliewer
LaDonna Kliewer rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2016
Jo Hempstead
Jo Hempstead marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Sherry Simpson
Sherry Simpson marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2016
Jonah
Jonah added it
Aug 14, 2016
Jeanie
Jeanie rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2016
Lesa
Lesa added it
Aug 10, 2016
Betsy
Betsy rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Kevin Pann
Kevin Pann marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
  • From Fields of Gold
  • American Dreams (Crown Family Saga, #2)
  • Tomorrow About This Time
  • Rafaella (The Plantation Series Book 2)
  • Look Away, Beulah Land (Beulah Land, #2)
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • Treasure of Stonewycke (The Stonewycke Legacy, #3)
  • Alaska: Four Inspirational Love Stories
  • The Bluebird and the Sparrow
  • The Glory Cloak: A Novel of Louisa May Alcott and Clara Barton
  • City of Clowns
  • Irish Mist (Nuala Anne McGrail, #4)
  • PS I Love You
  • Storyville
  • The Flyer (Pitsford Series #1)
Price was born into a middle class family in Charleston, West Virginia. Her father, Walter Price, was a dentist. At the age of ten Eugenia decided that she wanted to be a writer, an ambition encouraged by her mother Anna. She submitted a poem to her school's literary magazine. In 1932 she graduated from high school, declared herself an atheist and decided to pursue a career in dentistry instead of ...more
More about Eugenia Price...

Georgia Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bright Captivity (Georgia Trilogy, #1)
  • Where Shadows Go (Georgia Trilogy, #2)