Start by marking “Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy, #3)

Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  253 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the Seminole uprisings to the Civil War, they fought for their beloved plantation, their family, and their faith. . .

Margaret Seton had loved the handsome young widower long before she become Lewis Fleming's bride. Together they would rebuild Hibernia on the St. Johns River in northern Florida, and fill it to overflowing with laughter and tears of their large, close-k
Published April 1st 2001 by Turner (first published October 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Margaret's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margaret's Story

CeAire
Although very well written more as a romantic fiction novel the characters did exist as part of Florida's early history even before it became a state. This is, in essense, an autobiography of Margaret Seton Fleming. One her sons grew up to be a Florida governor. Ms. Price took pains to keep historical facts, dates, and locations correct while interweaving them into the storyline. It was also interesting to read and relate the various geographic locations to current day and marvel how traveling s ...more
Lou Alice
This is one of the best novels I have ever read. I enjoy all of Eugenia Price, but some, like this one and Maria, are among my favorites of all time.
Mj Amirault
Summer read for my book club. The facts were interesting, and helps one better understand the trials of people involved in a civil war. Also the hardships of mothers with Sons who are involved in the war. Some times we forget, or perhaps just do not know the trials these mothers (and fathers) go through. This is still happening today in many countries. The facts - interesting, the rest of the story was somewhat boring. I was disappointed in this book, glad to get to the final page!
Judy Tolley
This book was a book club read. Having read Eugenia Price’s “Maria”, this was by far by her worse book in my opinion. A true life story set back in the early 1800s in St. Augustine, Florida area. She was typically a Christian writer and it is reflected in this book. She writes in too much of a descriptive voice as if the reader is too stupid to figure out the details. This book is boring and very detailed with no plot.
Pamela L
Engrossing series!
Graceann
Nov 27, 2014 Graceann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans
Margaret was a real lady who lived in Northern Florida near the turn of the last century - her home and her church still stand on one of the coastal Islands, and after reading this novel, I decided I needed to visit (I haven't made it yet, but I will).
Nicole Wilson
I loved this book. It has history of Jacksonville, FL (and the surrounding area). It was such a different time than we know, but they had the same life issues!
Faye
Florida Trilogy Book 3
Candy
Candy added it
Jul 01, 2015
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Denise
Denise added it
Jun 20, 2015
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Annette Kirk
Annette Kirk marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Doncy
Doncy marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Amber Beck
Amber Beck marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Rachel Durren
Rachel Durren marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Louise Bailey
Louise Bailey is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
  • The Enduring Hills
  • Lovers Forever
  • Dynasty Of Death (Barbours/Bouchards, #1)
  • Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)
  • Tomorrow About This Time
  • Freedom Road
  • Surrender in Moonlight
  • The Rope Dancer
  • Peninsula of Lies: A True Story of Mysterious Birth and Taboo Love
  • The Lady of Stonewycke (Stonewycke, #3)
  • Joseph
  • Sultana: Surviving the Civil War, Prison, and the Worst Maritime Disaster in American History
  • All We Hold Dear (Victorian Trilogy, #2)
  • The Hospital at the End of the World
  • Fire & Ice
  • Wild Sweet Wilderness (Missouri, #1)
  • The Black Swan
  • Free Land
Price was born into a middle class family in Charleston, West Virginia. Her father, Walter Price, was a dentist. At the age of ten Eugenia decided that she wanted to be a writer, an ambition encouraged by her mother Anna. She submitted a poem to her school's literary magazine. In 1932 she graduated from high school, declared herself an atheist and decided to pursue a career in dentistry instead of ...more
More about Eugenia Price...

Florida Trilogy (3 books)
  • Maria (Florida Trilogy, #1)
  • Don Juan McQueen (Florida Trilogy, #2)
Savannah (Savannah Quartet, #1) Lighthouse (St. Simons Trilogy, #1) The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy, #3) To See Your Face Again (Savannah Quartet, #2) New Moon Rising (St. Simons Trilogy, #2)