Start by marking “Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy, #3)
Preview

Margaret's Story (Florida Trilogy #3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  249 ratings  ·  8 reviews
From the Seminole uprisings to the Civil War, they fought for their beloved plantation, their family, and their faith. . .

Margaret Seton had loved the handsome young widower long before she become Lewis Fleming's bride. Together they would rebuild Hibernia on the St. Johns River in northern Florida, and fill it to overflowing with laughter and tears of their large, close-k
Published April 1st 2001 by Turner (first published October 1st 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Margaret's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Margaret's Story

CeAire
Although very well written more as a romantic fiction novel the characters did exist as part of Florida's early history even before it became a state. This is, in essense, an autobiography of Margaret Seton Fleming. One her sons grew up to be a Florida governor. Ms. Price took pains to keep historical facts, dates, and locations correct while interweaving them into the storyline. It was also interesting to read and relate the various geographic locations to current day and marvel how traveling s ...more
Lou Alice
This is one of the best novels I have ever read. I enjoy all of Eugenia Price, but some, like this one and Maria, are among my favorites of all time.
Mj Amirault
Summer read for my book club. The facts were interesting, and helps one better understand the trials of people involved in a civil war. Also the hardships of mothers with Sons who are involved in the war. Some times we forget, or perhaps just do not know the trials these mothers (and fathers) go through. This is still happening today in many countries. The facts - interesting, the rest of the story was somewhat boring. I was disappointed in this book, glad to get to the final page!
Judy Tolley
This book was a book club read. Having read Eugenia Price’s “Maria”, this was by far by her worse book in my opinion. A true life story set back in the early 1800s in St. Augustine, Florida area. She was typically a Christian writer and it is reflected in this book. She writes in too much of a descriptive voice as if the reader is too stupid to figure out the details. This book is boring and very detailed with no plot.
Pamela L
Engrossing series!
Graceann
Nov 27, 2014 Graceann rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical fiction fans
Margaret was a real lady who lived in Northern Florida near the turn of the last century - her home and her church still stand on one of the coastal Islands, and after reading this novel, I decided I needed to visit (I haven't made it yet, but I will).
Nicole Wilson
I loved this book. It has history of Jacksonville, FL (and the surrounding area). It was such a different time than we know, but they had the same life issues!
Faye
Florida Trilogy Book 3
Louise Bailey
Louise Bailey is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2015
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ramona
Ramona marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Tanya Tilberg
Tanya Tilberg is currently reading it
Mar 21, 2015
Olivia Phillips
Olivia Phillips marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Kerrie
Kerrie marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Deanne Fitzner
Deanne Fitzner marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Gina
Gina added it
Feb 16, 2015
Donnarae
Donnarae marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Natalya
Natalya marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Pato
Pato marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • The Substitute Guest
  • The Enduring Hills
  • The Flowers Of The Field
  • Lovers Forever
  • Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)
  • Look Away, Beulah Land (Beulah Land, #2)
  • A Woman Named Damaris (Women of the West, #4)
  • Dynasty Of Death (Barbours/Bouchards, #1)
  • The Black Swan
  • Sultana: Surviving the Civil War, Prison, and the Worst Maritime Disaster in American History
  • Iron Branch: A Civil War Tale of a Woman In-Between
  • The Rope Dancer
  • One Wore Blue (Cameron Family Saga, #4)
  • Wild Sweet Wilderness (Missouri, #1)
  • Peninsula of Lies: A True Story of Mysterious Birth and Taboo Love
  • All We Hold Dear (Victorian Trilogy, #2)
  • Freedom Road
  • Love and War (Coltrane, #1)
Price was born into a middle class family in Charleston, West Virginia. Her father, Walter Price, was a dentist. At the age of ten Eugenia decided that she wanted to be a writer, an ambition encouraged by her mother Anna. She submitted a poem to her school's literary magazine. In 1932 she graduated from high school, declared herself an atheist and decided to pursue a career in dentistry instead of ...more
More about Eugenia Price...

Florida Trilogy (3 books)
  • Maria (Florida Trilogy, #1)
  • Don Juan McQueen (Florida Trilogy, #2)
Savannah (Savannah Quartet, #1) Lighthouse (St. Simons Trilogy, #1) The Beloved Invader (St. Simons Trilogy, #3) To See Your Face Again (Savannah Quartet, #2) New Moon Rising (St. Simons Trilogy, #2)