Start by marking “Spring Fancy” as Want to Read:
Spring Fancy

Spring Fancy

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  926 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Winnifred Gardner, engaged to be married in only three short months, is provided a dress rehearsal of sorts when she is asked to be the maid of honor at her best friend's wedding. Winnifred loves her fiancé, Paul, so why is she so attracted to Joseph Duggan, the best man? When Paul leaves the wedding reception early, Winn is left to dance with Joseph, and the attraction be...more
Published July 26th 2005 by Jove (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Spring Fancy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spring Fancy

Ridley
What a fabulous little oldie that was! I'd say it was more of a 4.5 than a 4. It was just a bit too whirlwind for a 5. It's hard to accept someone throwing over a fiance and marrying someone on a 3 month acquaintance, though Spencer really does a great job of selling me on it.

The sexual tension is through the roof in this book. I was visualizing arc lightning between the hero and heroine whenever they were near each other. From their first meeting, where Winn is the maid of honor in a friend's...more
Jane Stewart
2 ½ stars. Sweet but not enough story. It’s all about her and her angst. I wanted more about other characters.

STORY BRIEF:
Winn is engaged to computer guy Paul. She admires him and believes it is a good idea, but their interests are different. She likes to exercise, play racquet ball, etc. He likes to work on computers and play chess. She has no desire for chess. She is marrying Paul to please her mother.

Joseph and his brothers own a body shop (cars). He meets Winn at a wedding. They fall for eac...more
Michelle Cerrato
Very cute read. Written in the 80's when tuxedos with ruffled shirts were considered hot. Love at first sight for the maid of honor and the best man at a friends wedding..the only problem..the maid of honor is engaged.
Winn Gardner is set to marry Paul Hildebrandt in 3 months, but first she has to serve as maid of honor in her best friend's wedding where she meets Joseph Duggan, the man of her dreams.

The attraction is instant and obvious, but is worthy of a novel-length telling because Winn is one of those infuriating people who spends all her time taking care of others and never once stopped to think about her own needs, let alone the fact that her fiance doesn't meet them.

The romance is good, but also entert...more
Pat
Spencer usually writes about an attraction between a couple that is for some reason not appropriate. This book holds the same theme....well written.
Aida Tanaka
This is why i love Lavyrle spencer books. Very down to earth. Value love, common interests and sweet chemistry. Love how the dialogue goes between Winnifred and Joseph.

Winnifred, a simple woman who engaged with a perfectionist and flawless man, Paul.

Joshep, our Jo-Jo ;D Winn met him on their friends wedding rehearsal. Their chemistry grows strong. Joshep was not so perfect, he's shorter than Paul in height, and also Paul makes much more money than Joshep. But Joshep makes Winn happy. He's being...more
Erin
Oh my...oh my oh my...this novel caught my attention in 1992 at an Encour book shop. I was simply enchanted by Ms. Spencer, being in high school and desperate for love and romance. Ms. Spencer has a wonderful way of creating characters that I care about and bringing characters together. She has such talent for weaving a magical love story and "hitting my heart" with a spear of sincerity and sensual prose. They are, admittedly, my guilty pleasure.
This book was actually on a top ten list of best...more
Becky
Winnifred Gardner is to making plans to get married in a few short months to Paul, a computer geek who names his computers. A husband her mother more-or-less picked for her. Winnifred is the maid of honor at her best friends wedding. Winnifred claims she loves her fiance', until she is matched up with the Best Man, Joseph Duggan. Joseph is funny, sexy, flirty and shares many of her interests. They are instantly attracted to each other, but Winnifred insists she is to be married to Paul. With man...more
Lisa
I enjoy LaVyrle Spencer's books because her love stories seem so real; the characters have great depth and have to overcome conflicts to attain their love. Spring Fancy is a little shorter than her other novels, but it's another delightful romance with great chemistry between the lovers - Winn and Joseph.
Margaret
Aug 14, 2011 Margaret added it
Shelves: 2005
This was a quick, fast read - a romantic story I probably would have enjoyed more when I was in my 20's when my friends were getting married and I was a bridesmaid myself - that seems so long ago now! A pleasant and light romance - it will be a perfect Spring release!
Gemma
Iolanda
Just a short and sweet review for a short and sweet story: Beautiful writing, fast paced, amazing chemistry, intense love scenes and scorching sexual tension. Such a tear jerking book but it's definitely one of my favourite books by this author.
Rebecca Dean
Fun read, a little too descriptive intimate scenes for me, but LaVyrle still handles those with more "taste" than other authors.

Thank you for leaving some things to the imagination, Mrs. Spencer.

ReaD this again in August 2013.
Wanda Lomprey
This is a fun romance with twists and turns. They stand up together in their friend's wedding and fall in love or is it just a fling? She actually writes some good sex scenes in this book. Not typically her strong suit, but she did well.
Season
Love this book. Gets better every time I read it. The characters are so believable and normal. If you are looking for a nice, funny read with a little tears rolled into one, this the book.
Gaynell
I enjoyed this book, but I don't put it in the same catgory as some of her other books. It was small and read like a Harlequin romance (which I found out it was when originally published).
Debbyanne
I believe I have read everything she has written heartwarming, sometimes strained love stories with many twists and turns in each book, any of her books are good reading material!
Jc
I read this one in high school, so I am basing my rating on how much I loved it back then. It will be interesting to see if it stands the test of time.
Sheri
I suspect, if I'd read this in 1979, its release year, I would have loved it. I just have different expectations for story and characters now.
Dawn
May 06, 2011 Dawn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romance stories.
Recommended to Dawn by: I have enjoyed many books by this author.
An enjoyable romance story from this author, but not a favorite of mine by her. It was a quick read. I read this quite a few years ago.
Nicole
Oct 08, 2007 Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
I learned to go with your heart and instinct in a relationship. Don't just settle for the second best.
Theresa
One of the best books of Spencer. A plot with a fast pacing. I don't why, but this is great.
jessica wilson
I know...I'm on a Spencer kick. Why? Probably because I've already reread Lindsey and the others...
Maddux
Good read... Loved reading the emotion and the play between hero and heroine.
Jessica
Excellent. There is no other word to describe this perfect novel.
Eva
Mar 03, 2013 Eva rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Good writing. Not really a romance genre fan.
Kathy
Enjoyed this sweet, light romance novel.
Vanessa Lucido
What a story, made me laugh and cry!!!!
Sarah Narit
very much whirlwind. :)
Amanda
Jun 30, 2009 Amanda added it
Another great by Spencer!
  • Crooked Hearts
  • Black Silk
  • Something Shady
  • The Duke's Wager (Bessacarr, #1)
  • Heart of the West
  • Wild Sweet Ecstasy (Dennehy Sisters, #1)
  • Bedded for Diamonds (Bennett 2)
  • Dance (de Saint Vallier Brothers, #2)
  • In Bed with the Boss
  • His Lordship's Mistress
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • One Good Turn (Nesbitt, #2)
  • Shattered Rainbows (Fallen Angels, #5)
  • The Changeling Bride (Timeswept) (Heartspell)
  • Bad Girl
  • The Petrov Proposal
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • Front Page Affair
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu...more
More about LaVyrle Spencer...
Morning Glory Separate Beds Small Town Girl Family Blessings That Camden Summer