Start by marking “Forsaking All Others” as Want to Read:
Forsaking All Others

Forsaking All Others

Previously published as one of two stories in Jove's A Heart Speaks, Forsaking All Others now gets its own moment in the spotlight. This favorite of LaVyrle's tells the story of an up-and-coming photographer who is once bitten, twice shy in matters of the heart. Until a model with a heart of gold proves he can be trusted with the gift of her love.
Published November 25th 2003 by Jove (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Forsaking All Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaking All Others

Marleen
Apr 19, 2011 Marleen rated it did not like it
Shelves: lavyrle-spencer
I didn’t expect to be quite so disappointed in a LaVyrle Spencer book. So far I’ve truly enjoyed this talented and dependable romance author. Alternating genres is vital to me; so I go from fiction to thriller to romance, and back again, and when I think of a solid romance author, LaVyrle is in the top 5. But here, with Forsaking All Others, she really missed the ball. Everything about this read felt so shallow, almost hollow – well, it felt sort of like Spencer didn’t write this herself. In all ...more
Linda

Allison Scott had all she could do trying to establish her name as a photographer in the greater Minneapolis area. Jason, her previous boyfriend and one-time model, left her high and dry after stealing her portfolio of his photos. Not to mention her heart. She was determined to get on with her life sans handsome men. That was, until Rick Lang entered the picture (no pun intended!).

Allison had to complete the cover art for an upcoming book and she was on a deadline with very little money
Vishal Mudgal
Jan 05, 2015 Vishal Mudgal rated it it was ok
Hey Forsaking All Others

May be we started on the wrong foot since the beginning and it was downhill from there. You're all shiny & a great book I'm sure of it. You've a perfect "bod" (body...pls don't ask why I did that), you have curves just at the right places, you are lovely, sweet and sexy too sometime but the thing is babe I don't want to come to civilization just yet.

I need to live in those times where, though, everything was complex, the living, the judging ppl, the scarcity of popula
Jane Stewart
Jun 14, 2014 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
I did not like the plot, but I enjoyed the book because the writing was so good. It’s full writing.

I liked the happy ending. There were some touching scenes. It’s half the length of a regular novel.

STORY:
Allison is a gifted photographer. She needs a male model for a current photography job and gets Rick through an agency. He is physical perfection. He models to support his passion painting wildlife. He falls for Allison immediately. She won’t allow herself to love Rick because she can’t get over
Jane
Jul 19, 2016 Jane rated it liked it
Vintage LaVyrle Spencer isn't as good as vintage Nora Roberts. But with that said, this wasn't a bad book, but is definitely of a style from that era (1982). Fortunately for all of us, Spencer was soon writing mainstream romance (and writing them very well). If a writer writes long enough, they almost always improve. (You know--practice makes perfect.)

I found the lead male character--Rick Lang--more endearing than the female lead character--Allison Scott. He is what every woman would want in her
Serena Miles
No me ha gustado mucho...... mira que es corto y se me ha hecho pesado

le pongo un 3 y porque el prota es un solete
Veronica Bareman
I am usually pleased with LaVyrle Spencer books. I was not with this one. From the beginning I had a hard time getting involved in the character. I credited that to the story being written in 1982 therefore set before current time. But then that has never stopped me before, so it shouldn't have mattered now. So I kept trying. In fact I made it over halfway through the book before giving up completely.

When the story became repeated sex scenes beginning with her protesting and ending with steamy s
Apr 15, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, but Not the Best

Forsaking All Others is a good beach read, but it's not the book that Family Blessings was for me. The story of Allison and Rick is sweet, funny and "nice", but it doesn't leave the feeling that everything was wrapped up as it should be and Family Blessings did that. I apologize for comparing the two books, but they are the only two LaVyrle Spencer books that I've read, so it's hard not to compare the two. So, if you're looking for a sweet romance with little complications,
Ashley Berry
Jun 05, 2016 Ashley Berry rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
A light story with likable characters. This is not my favorite LaVyrle Spencer novel, but it was still good. I have come to expect heartwarming, strong emotions, and superb writing from this author and the first two were lacking in this story. I missed the strong "feels" she evokes in this book. The story is engaging and I did enjoy it and the reason why I did rate it 4 stars instead of 3 was because this had to have had the most sensual love scene, without being graphic I have ever read; it was ...more
Drava
Feb 27, 2016 Drava rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4 Stars - This is an older dated story but looking past that, it's a beautiful story of a gorgeous, unpretentious male model who falls for the dynamic photographer who's been betrayed in the past by her ex-boyfriend who is also a model. I loved how Rick was enchanted with Allison and fought to be with her.
Karschtl
Nov 16, 2013 Karschtl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Am Ende habe ich doch bereut, das Buch fertig gelesen zu haben. Aber immerhin war es sehr kurz und ich habe ab spätestens der Hälfte vieles überblättert oder nur noch überflogen, um den generellen Handlungsstrang mitzukriegen. Die Details waren nebensächlich.
Rebecca Dean
Nov 06, 2010 Rebecca Dean rated it liked it
LaVyrle Spencer is my favorite author, but this was my least favorite book of hers. I think it was one of her first and was re-issued later.

I still love her character devlopment, key to being a good author (in my humble opinion)and LaVryle still does this better than almost anyone.
Janet Cleary
Feb 23, 2016 Janet Cleary rated it did not like it
Think I'm much too old for these "sappy love stories" even from an author I remember liking "back in the day"! Wanted to gag at certain parts!
Jeanne
Feb 05, 2011 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
This was an early Spencer novel - not one of her best, but still an okay read. I realized a few pages in that I had read this years ago, but I continued anyway. :)
Gen
Apr 12, 2011 Gen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Took a long time to tell the story. predictable
Jeannine
Even though there's not much to the story, and its pretty predictable, its still an enjoyable read. Since I'm a photographer I quite liked the photography theme.
Dawn
Oct 21, 2012 Dawn rated it liked it
A predictable love story and a nice light read. I enjoyed this book.
Jackie Simons
Read 8/96
Pat
Dec 21, 2009 Pat rated it liked it
Not the author's best writing but still an enjoyable easy read of a love story.
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
 Gigi Ann
Nov 27, 2011 Gigi Ann rated it it was ok
It was an O.K. read, but not a favorite. It was very predictable. No surprises in this one.
RiRi
Jun 09, 2014 RiRi rated it liked it
Have read from the "A Heart Speaks"
Dec 28, 2011 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was an interesting story, but not a favorite.
Gaynell
Mar 30, 2011 Gaynell rated it liked it
Shelves: spencer-lavyrle
This was a sweet little story, but it wasn't the author's best. I did enjoy Rick's and Allison's romance, but the story could have been deeper. I will have to say that Rick was a heck of a nice guy.
Becky Adams
Jul 31, 2015 Becky Adams rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Another hot guy and a girl that needs some self confidence and her struggles to forget.
Jody
Feb 06, 2011 Jody rated it liked it
Fun short romance novel. If you aren't into romances, don't bother with this book. I enjoyed reading it.
Susie
Read in one book with A Promise to Cherish
Gillian Doyle
Gillian Doyle rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2011
Lynn Smith
Lynn Smith rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2014
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • Mistress for a Month
  • Secret Admirer
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Indiscreet (www.girl-gear... #6)
  • Wild Oats (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Pernikahan Terlarang (The Forbidden Marriage)
  • The Trouble With Jared (Men of Mysteries Past, #3)
  • Garden of Scandal
  • Forbidden Fire
  • Caitlin's Choice
  • The Bedroom Business
  • Stand-in Groom/Time Enough for Love
  • Explosive Alliance (Wingmen Warriors, #9)
  • Romancing Olive (Prairie Romance, #1)
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu
More about LaVyrle Spencer...