Start by marking “Forsaking All Others” as Want to Read:
Forsaking All Others

Forsaking All Others

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  522 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Previously published as one of two stories in Jove's A Heart Speaks, Forsaking All Others now gets its own moment in the spotlight. This favorite of LaVyrle's tells the story of an up-and-coming photographer who is once bitten, twice shy in matters of the heart. Until a model with a heart of gold proves he can be trusted with the gift of her love.
Published November 25th 2003 by Jove (first published 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Forsaking All Others, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaking All Others

Linda

Allison Scott had all she could do trying to establish her name as a photographer in the greater Minneapolis area. Jason, her previous boyfriend and one-time model, left her high and dry after stealing her portfolio of his photos. Not to mention her heart. She was determined to get on with her life sans handsome men. That was, until Rick Lang entered the picture (no pun intended!).

Allison had to complete the cover art for an upcoming book and she was on a deadline with very little money
Marleen
I didn’t expect to be quite so disappointed in a LaVyrle Spencer book. So far I’ve truly enjoyed this talented and dependable romance author. Alternating genres is vital to me; so I go from fiction to thriller to romance, and back again, and when I think of a solid romance author, LaVyrle is in the top 5. But here, with Forsaking All Others, she really missed the ball. Everything about this read felt so shallow, almost hollow – well, it felt sort of like Spencer didn’t write this herself. In all ...more
Vishal Mudgal
Hey Forsaking All Others

May be we started on the wrong foot since the beginning and it was downhill from there. You're all shiny & a great book I'm sure of it. You've a perfect "bod" (body...pls don't ask why I did that), you have curves just at the right places, you are lovely, sweet and sexy too sometime but the thing is babe I don't want to come to civilization just yet.

I need to live in those times where, though, everything was complex, the living, the judging ppl, the scarcity of popula
Jane Stewart
I did not like the plot, but I enjoyed the book because the writing was so good. It’s full writing.

I liked the happy ending. There were some touching scenes. It’s half the length of a regular novel.

STORY:
Allison is a gifted photographer. She needs a male model for a current photography job and gets Rick through an agency. He is physical perfection. He models to support his passion painting wildlife. He falls for Allison immediately. She won’t allow herself to love Rick because she can’t get over
Veronica Bareman
I am usually pleased with LaVyrle Spencer books. I was not with this one. From the beginning I had a hard time getting involved in the character. I credited that to the story being written in 1982 therefore set before current time. But then that has never stopped me before, so it shouldn't have mattered now. So I kept trying. In fact I made it over halfway through the book before giving up completely.

When the story became repeated sex scenes beginning with her protesting and ending with steamy s
RiRi
Have read from the "A Heart Speaks"
Rebecca Dean
LaVyrle Spencer is my favorite author, but this was my least favorite book of hers. I think it was one of her first and was re-issued later.

I still love her character devlopment, key to being a good author (in my humble opinion)and LaVryle still does this better than almost anyone.
Karschtl
Am Ende habe ich doch bereut, das Buch fertig gelesen zu haben. Aber immerhin war es sehr kurz und ich habe ab spätestens der Hälfte vieles überblättert oder nur noch überflogen, um den generellen Handlungsstrang mitzukriegen. Die Details waren nebensächlich.
Gaynell
This was a sweet little story, but it wasn't the author's best. I did enjoy Rick's and Allison's romance, but the story could have been deeper. I will have to say that Rick was a heck of a nice guy.
Jeannine
Even though there's not much to the story, and its pretty predictable, its still an enjoyable read. Since I'm a photographer I quite liked the photography theme.
Jeanne
This was an early Spencer novel - not one of her best, but still an okay read. I realized a few pages in that I had read this years ago, but I continued anyway. :)
Jody
Fun short romance novel. If you aren't into romances, don't bother with this book. I enjoyed reading it.
 Gigi Ann
It was an O.K. read, but not a favorite. It was very predictable. No surprises in this one.
Pat
Not the author's best writing but still an enjoyable easy read of a love story.
Dawn
A predictable love story and a nice light read. I enjoyed this book.
Gen
Took a long time to tell the story. predictable
Susie
Read in one book with A Promise to Cherish
Was an interesting story, but not a favorite.
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
Jackie Simons
Read 8/96
Judy Cloud
Judy Cloud marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Gracie Liberty
Gracie Liberty marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
KH
KH added it
Feb 05, 2015
Alda
Alda marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
  • The Last True Cowboy
  • The Bride In Blue
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • Wild Oats (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Secret Admirer
  • No Place Like Home
  • The Bedroom Business (Harlequin Presents Passion, #2159)
  • Garden of Scandal
  • Love In Bloom
  • Hunting the Wolfe (Men of Mysteries Past, #2)
  • Stand-in Groom/Time Enough for Love
  • Heart of the West
  • Explosive Alliance (Wingmen Warriors, #9) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #1346)
  • Falling for the Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #1.5)
  • Nobody's Angel
  • Forbidden Fire
  • In Praise of Younger Men (Includes: Three Heroes #1/Company of Rogues, #6)
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu
More about LaVyrle Spencer...
Morning Glory Separate Beds Small Town Girl Family Blessings That Camden Summer