Start by marking “Fairy Tale” as Want to Read:
Fairy Tale

Fairy Tale

Duncan MacElgin, of the devil's own reputation and sinful past, has been forced to return home to his crumbling Scottish castle -- only to be ambushed by a woman! Worse, the tartan-clad female is impertinent, unrepentant, and beautiful.

Convinced Duncan is the enemy, Marsali Hay orders her bedraggled clansmen to attack the powerful chieftain. She never dreams he is the in
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published April 1st 1997 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Tale, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Tale

Saadia
Jul 30, 2008 Saadia rated it really liked it
Jillian Hunter creates very complex characters for the hero and heroine, accompanied by multiple secondary characters including a pair of ghosts. It is busier than a Shakespeare comedy with the minor characters providing diversions, creating scenes and generally carrying the lovers towards a satisfying ending. The heroine is a reluctant magician with a colorful family and clan connections. The dark brooding warrior finds love and happiness upon multiple confrontations with the heroine. Rather ...more
Kathrynn
This book was hilarious! I laughed all through it. There is abit of paranormal in this Scottish historical, too.
Loved the falcon! Nice, gentle romance.

Sarah Eiseman
Aug 28, 2012 Sarah Eiseman rated it liked it
This is my first time reading a novel by Jillian Hunter. This is an older book within her collection that was given to me by a friend when I attended RomCon in 2010. It’s a relatively quick read for the size book that it is, and it’s historical, if that’s your pleasure. Plus, there are men in kilts, which is always a good thing.

Duncan MacElgin is a soldier returning to his home in Scotland after serving in the military for a number of years. He’s a reluctant chieftain for a bumbling clan in a cr
Leah
Jan 14, 2016 Leah rated it really liked it
This was like picking back up with an old friend. It's sat on my keeper shelves since '98 and kept begging me to pick it back up and revisit this story that touched my heart so many years ago. When I would think of this story over the years, one thing kept coming to mind and that was laughter... chickens...a woman who was such a free spirited lass and a man who was continually trying to keep up with her and keep his sanity in tact. HUGE smiles here.

Duncan has life long scars that haunt him each
Debbie
Jan 23, 2013 Debbie rated it liked it
"Fairy Tale" by Jillian Hunter was a fairly enjoyable historical romance with comic and fantasy elements. It seemed to struggle with knowing what it was and the plot and characters kept taking rather strange turns. I've read other books by Jillian Hunter and I will probably read more, but I don't think I would recommend this book because there are so many other really great romance novels.
Noy Monaco
May 21, 2010 Noy Monaco rated it it was ok
My sister bought this book for a thrift store. So my sister finish reading the book and about to throw away the book. I asked my sister if i can have the book. And I read the book and I just thought the book was ok but I will be reading it again because it have been a long time since I last read the book.
Rachel Paulson
Apr 19, 2011 Rachel Paulson rated it it was ok
It was just... okay. I don't think it was written very well, there were a lot of spelling errors that took me out of the story. The story itself seemed to drag on and I found myself skimming through pages and skipping parts all together.
Elizabeth
Her books usually only take me about a couple of hours to read but I had the hardest time getting into this one. I had to keep putting it down as it just felt boring to me. Also Jamie talking about himself in the third person was quite annoying.
Kellet
Mar 20, 2015 Kellet rated it did not like it
I really did not like this. I read it because of a good newspaper review, but it was just a tiny virgin story with an especially dense hero.
Milli Ng
Milli Ng rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2014
Aleksandra.Wesola
Aleksandra.Wesola rated it did not like it
May 11, 2016
Heather Hagg
Heather Hagg rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2014
Cat Hunter
Cat Hunter rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2010
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2008
Kim Castillo
Kim Castillo rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2011
Tabitha Cothern
Tabitha Cothern rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2011
Andrea
Andrea rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Agata
Agata rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2015
Julie Lack
Julie Lack rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2014
Monique Takens
Monique Takens rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
Not Now...Mommy's Reading rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2009
F. Hardesty
F. Hardesty rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2016
Sherrill
Sherrill rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2012
Eileanoir
Eileanoir rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2015
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Katie Marie
Katie Marie rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2014
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2008
Alison McKinney
Alison McKinney rated it it was ok
Jul 27, 2009
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2012
Gia
Gia rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Adventures of a Scottish Heiress
  • Wild and Wicked in Scotland (Charmed and Dangerous, #1)
  • Highland Warrior
  • The Champion (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #2)
  • Highland Fling (Highland Dream, #2)
  • Force For Change: How Leadership Differs from Management
  • Highland Rebel: A Tale of a Rebellious Lady and a Traitorous Lord
  • Bride for a Knight (MacKenzie, #5)
  • The Silver Rose
  • The Music of the Night (Night, #2)
  • Istri Pilihan (Bride Wanted)
  • Highland Barbarian (Murray Family, #13)
  • The Ten Commandments: The Significance of God's Laws in Everyday Life
  • Tempting Faith: An Inside Story of Political Seduction
  • The Knight Before Christmas (Knights, #4)
  • Hug Your Customers: The Proven Way to Personalize Sales and Achieve Astounding Results
  • The Devil of Kilmartin (Kilmartin Glen, #1)
  • A Season For Scandal: Tangled Reins & Fair Juno
Jillian Hunter is the bestselling author of over twenty historical romances. She lives with her husband, three daughters, a pug and a poodle in Southern California. She loves anyone who can make her laugh, which means she is in love with Mike Myers and Tyler Perry.
More about Jillian Hunter...