Start by marking “Moon in the Water (The Women's West, #5)” as Want to Read:
Moon in the Water (The Women's West, #5)

Moon in the Water (The Women's West #5)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ann Rossiter is no man’s idea of the perfect wife, yet she has a chance—a single chance—to insure her future. To protect her unborn child, Ann agrees to marry a common riverboat pilot. In exchange, he’ll gain command of her stepfather’s magnificent new steamer—the Andromeda. But as they ply the western rivers together, Ann is drawn to her new husband, to his quiet strength ...more
Published March 30th 2004 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Moon in the Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon in the Water

A nice-enough historical romance with a sweet leading guy. I cared less for the heroine but I understood why she was written this way. The plot was predictable.

This book could easily be read as a 'stand-alone'.
Ana T.
Still trying to make Mount TBR smaller I picked up a romance novel by Elizabeth Grayson called Moon in the Water. I guess this is what we would call a road romance although it is set on boat in the Mississipi river.

Chase Hardesty is bribed by James Rossiter to marry is daughter and give a name to the baby she is expecting. In exchange he will give him ownership of his new steamer. As Ann and Chase embark on a journey to the west it is also a journey of discovery for both of them.

I found this a r
Jacqueline L.
This was a great book about finding love in unexpected places. The author is very brilliant at outlining emotions through vivid, descriptive syntax and interpretation. Definitely a must-read for those hopeless romantics.
This was a recommended book for me from my library. I mean, yes it was totally predictable, and a bit over the top at times, but I didn't hate it, and it was a quick, somewhat entertaining read, so... 3 stars
The heroine is forced into a marriage with a riverboat captain. Luckily, he has a conscience and the two develop into a great couple. Also learned a lot about this world and time period.
Sweet historical romance that taught me about life in the riverboat and family doesn't always mean the same blood
I enjoyed the honesty and integrity of Chase. Lovely little riverboat romance.
Carlos Balbuena
Éste me lo recomendaron en una librería, me encantó, muy romántico y muy dramático.
Annika added it
Oct 26, 2015
Dina Moran
Dina Moran marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Colleen marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Myriam Torres
Myriam Torres marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Shireen Hakani
Shireen Hakani marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Dianne marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Joan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Joan Philhower
Joan Philhower marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Monica marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Sophie marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
Cphe marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Rettah marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Dawntwilight000 marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Elizabeth Grayson fell in love with historical novels in the third grade. Her teacher read THE GOLD LACE COAT, by Helen Fuller Orton, to her class in preparation for their trip to Fort Niagara—and Elizabeth was hooked. She’s been reading and writing historical novels ever since.

aka Elizabeth Kary
and Karen Witmer
More about Elizabeth Grayson...

The Women's West (6 books)
  • So Wide the Sky (The Women's West, #1)
  • Color of the Wind (The Women's West, #2)
  • A Place Called Home (The Women's West, #3)
  • Painted by the Sun (The Women's West, #4)
  • Bride of the Wilderness (The Women's West, #6)