Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much - Revised edition

Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much - Revised edition

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  25 reviews
A fully revised and updated edition complete with a new foreword by the author of the best–selling meditation book for women that the New York Times says ನould be put at the top of the stack'.
Published November 2nd 2004 by HarperOne (first published June 8th 1990)

Be the first to ask a question about Meditations for Women Who Do Too Much - Revised edition

Shaunaly ~  (A Book Away From An Episode Of Hoarders)
I've had this book for many years now and when I am nearing the end of teaching my yoga classes, I share the daily passages with my students (who for the majority have always been women). It's a wonderful little book and one that all us busy females can certainly relate to.
Janice
An on-going read. Speaks to me, reminds me to slow down and reminds me I can (should) make other choices.
Melissa
i read a page a day. good way to start/finish the day
Peggy Bonnington
Feb 20, 2011 Peggy Bonnington rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Peggy by: Quaker resources
This is a good little book to have beside the bed or a favorite chair. It is organized into brief one-page meditations, one per each day of the year and each introduced by a pertinent quotation from women of different ages, cultures, perspectives. There is wisdom, thoughtfulness built into your daily routine if you take the few minutes to pick this book up, read and reflect - a practice I am resolving today to resume. It has been some years since I bought this book at a Quaker conference and for...more
Sally McRogerson
It's not helping!! I meditate on the daily readings whilst rushing from one task to another. I somehow get the impression that this is not how it's meant to work. Maybe they will filter in slowly, or maybe I'll learn to be a sloth in October. I'm just one of those people whose lives have to be filled wi a thousand outstanding tasks just to get my arse out of a sling long enough to do one! Have an indolent centre. It's just having a hard time getting out!!! Will use the book as it's meant to be u...more
Kerri Buie
While I will not have actually finished this book until the end of the year, I love it. Each day is a small passage about being a woman who fights the instinct that we have learned or the beliefs that we are holding about being more... doing more... achieving more... to prove our worth. The ultimate message is that we are perfect, just as we are and that we harm ourselves and others by believing otherwise. There is great truth in these small passages.
Tina
this is a great book on daily thoughts for women. It doesn't matter how rushed you are, you can pick up this book and find the thought for the day. The advice is gentle and sometimes funny. It is also encouraging and reassuring.

I love to pick it up and spend a few moments reflecting on the thoughts and on me. A great pick-me-up book that helps the reader take a little time out from a very busy day!
My3js
This was a gift, from a very special friend, to help me deal with alot of daily struggles. There are some very good quotes & I love the way the index is set up! Great little book to have, I have 3 daughters, so I'm passing this on! :))
Drinkncoffee
This book was recommended to me by someone who knows I am always doing WAY to much. It is a great one a day, stop and pause to reflect on what is truely important in your very busy life.
Lora
This is an ongoing read to remind me how to handle stress in my everyday life. It always me to step back and refuel, and ultimately cherish myself the way we are all meant to.
Meija
Excellent for every women, men too! Small doses of truth to help clear your head, and set you back on the path... Brilliant.
Bessa Wahba
This was a gift from an old friend. It not only has sentimental value but has also inspired me to Bette myself.
Jacki
Fabulous book. Like melting into a puddle of yourself. A new way of looking at things, and an old way at the same time.
Kelly
Reading the daily meditations puts my life and my behaviors into a deeper perspectives. I become more aware of Life.
Toni
This is an "ok" mediatation book. I prefer my other two selections better, but it's a nice change from time to time.
Scout
I love this book! Every day it inspires me to be stronger,better...more creative.Hooray for meditations.
Ruth Hultman Desmidt
Must read! Can't describe it you have to read it for yourself. Even husband liked some of the meditations.
Kim
May 24, 2012 Kim marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A nice read that I keep at my bedside for morning or evening inspiration.
Maria
A nice "slow-down" sort of book that I am enjoying over breakfast everyday:-)
Tiff
Learning that there are meditations for women who do too much
Lisa
What woman doesn't fit this title?!
Marinela M
love it keep it around all the time
Rebecka
I read it every year :)
Hazel
I'm afraid it didn't take.
Gail
Food for thought.
Biblioteca Pacillo
Biblioteca Pacillo marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Kay Roussel
Kay Roussel marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Anna Large
Anna Large marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
  • Spirit Song: The Introduction of No-Eyes
  • After Life
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants
  • A Book of Hours
  • Earth Prayers: From Around the World: 365 Prayers, Poems, and Invocations for Honoring the Earth
  • The Scalpel and the Soul: Encounters with Surgery, the Supernatural, and the Healing Power of Hope
  • Seven Sacred Pauses: Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day
  • The Mayan Prophecies: Unlocking the Secrets of a Lost Civilization
  • Discover the Power Within You: A Guide to the Unexplored Depths Within
  • The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent
  • The Way of the Shaman
Women's Reality: An Emerging Female System in a White Male Society Escape from Intimacy: Untangling the ``Love'' Addictions: Sex, Romance, Relationships When Society Becomes an Addict Co-Dependence: Misunderstood--Mistreated The Addictive Organization: Why We Overwork, Cover Up, Pick Up the Pieces, Please the Boss, and Perpetuate S