Start by marking “The Wyoming Kid” as Want to Read:
The Wyoming Kid

The Wyoming Kid (Wyoming Brides #2)

Rancher Lonny Ellison has never known a woman like Joy Fuller. For one thing, she doesn't seem very interested in him, and as a former rodeo cowboy, Lonny's not used to that. Women mobbed the Wyoming Kid during his rodeo days! And another thing. He and Joy -- who's a schoolteacher and his sister Letty's best friend -- seem to argue constantly.

But it doesn't matter, does it
Paperback, Harlequin American Romance #1121, 256 pages
Published July 2006 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Wyoming Kid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wyoming Kid

Donna
Jun 09, 2010 Donna rated it it was ok
OK,this was one of those books where the couple was so-o-o annoying and immature that you didn't really care if it ended happily ever after. This couple's conflict had the maturity level of 3rd graders and was boring and repetitive. And Lonny's epiphany halfway through the book that he was in love with Joy simply strained credibility!! Ms. Macomber has written MUCH better books.....
Anna
Sep 01, 2011 Anna rated it did not like it
Joy is a city girl who goes to live in a little town. Two years ago she dated Lonny, a former rodeo cowboy but they didn't connect. Now they have a passive-aggressive relationship that is due to their unfinished business, that is, the spark is still alive. And this is the starting point for lots of unbelievable silly misunderstandings.
Main characters bring stupid to a new level. He is delusional, he is the on who decides that he must love her because he hates her. And she gets angry because, on
Cecelia
Absolutly wonderful, funny and touching and light, just like the Debbie we know and love
Debbie
Jan 20, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Rancher Lonny Ellison argues with Joy Fuller
Robin
Oct 10, 2016 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Marissa Crawford
Sep 26, 2016 Marissa Crawford rated it it was ok
I knew going in to it that this book would be overloaded with cheese. And, it was. The reason for only 2 stars is that the book is just not believable. It's like the 2 main characters just woke up and decided they loved each other. Their personalities weren't really explored so I don't understand why these two people think they would be a good match.
Julie Welch
Sep 10, 2016 Julie Welch rated it really liked it
I actually found the clueless rancher very charming... it wasn't so much that he was immature, he was just unable to sort through complicated emotions. I found the resulting awkward situations very entertaining. This is a sequel to Denim & Diamonds...might help to read that first for some background...I thought this was a fun read.
Kay
Jan 18, 2012 Kay rated it liked it
Shelves: print
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Dec 30, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of series romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
I've been reading spicy and erotic romance for so long that it threw me to read a plain vanilla story.

I was not very fond of the characters; I thought the author's use of exposition stunk, and there was no suspense element or villainy to make the plot sparkle.

The way the characters were shown, I could not figure out what either of them saw in the other. It seems each was seeking an ideal of a small-town, family values spouse, and superimposed that ideal upon the other. I'd hate to be around when
Debbie Heaton
May 24, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it
In Macomber’s romance novel, former rodeo cowboy Lonny Ellison is accustomed to women throwing themselves at him. But there’s one woman who doesn’t seem to even know he’s alive—Joy Fuller. When they do speak, it’s quick to escalate to an argument that never ends well. Lonny’s sister, Letty believes they like each other but aren’t willing to admit it leaving Lonny to wonder if maybe, just maybe, Joy might consider a life with him after all.

A story that will leave you believing that opposites attr
Vonze (Yvonne)
Jan 18, 2014 Vonze (Yvonne) rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Debbie Macomber's work is like comfort food. Sweet, enjoyable, know-what-you're-getting goodness. However, I was really disappointed in this story's hero. The hero and heroine had a love-hate relationship, but the hero was too ornery and ignorant for my taste. That said, I ADORED the heroine. I was cheering for her and her "city slicker" boyfriend so badly, lol. One of the rare cases where I liked the second love interest better than the first.
Saadia
Mar 02, 2011 Saadia rated it liked it
Nice story between rancher Lonny Ellison and teacher Joy Fuller who fuss at each other in the town of Red Springs, Wyoming. A sweet read in a plain, honest, small town setting... Not quite sure how Lonny Ellison suddenly goes from being angry at Joy to paying attention to her and deciding that he actually loves her. Then Joy seems to enjoy the kissing but the way she realizes that she is falling for him is not clear until the very end... she is certainly muddy about her own feelings.
Lara
Jan 26, 2016 Lara rated it it was ok
For a Harlequin Romance, this is pretty tame. I didn't enjoy this as much as her other Cedar Cove series of books. Not much setting up of the characters--you pretty much just made them look the way you want to in your imagination and their personalities weren't described at all. It was pretty cheesy, too, so not a book I'd read over and over again.
May 04, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It is a sweet, cute read. Admittedly, there isn't too much character development, but I still liked both the main characters. It wasn't as developed as her series books, but still a fun read.
Karen
Mar 12, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
Lonny Ellison, retired rodeo rider and current rancher, has an auto "Incident" with teacher Joy Fuller. She dated him two years ago, but his ego was too big... Now he thinks he loves her, but her former friend Josh is coming to town to possibly reignite an old flame.
Lori
Jul 11, 2009 Lori added it
I'm bagging up books for a yard sale and thought I should mark them as read before I send them away....I'm realizing I need to choose some of my own books rather than reading what my mother passes on to me!
Kirsten
Aug 20, 2008 Kirsten rated it it was ok
It was a predictable story... there was only one "harlequin-est" scene, thank goodness, when I got it to listen to I didn't know it was a Harlequin Novel until i looked it up here! Oh well live and learn
Kshydog
Sep 09, 2015 Kshydog rated it did not like it
This book never seemed real. They went together for a short time, break up and then 2 yrs later fall in love? Seemed more like a lets get together because Lonny's sister wants Joy to stay in town. This is the first time I could not relate to the characters in a Macomber book.
Rita
Mar 20, 2013 Rita rated it it was amazing
I read another of your book and like always it was hard to lay down.
The rancher-Lonnie was very intertaining. Joy was the love of this life and it was interesting to read of their courtship. Thanks for the book.
Sandy
Jul 09, 2016 Sandy rated it liked it
It was light reading with a lot of repetition of why one character did or didn't like the other main character.
NAomi davis
Oct 05, 2015 NAomi davis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

I liked this book very much. I thought I had read Letty' story was
was glad to see her in this book
Lynne Fredo
Jun 09, 2015 Lynne Fredo rated it really liked it
Loved the interaction between Lonny and Joy and how they manage to become enamored with their small town
Jeanne
Mar 03, 2011 Jeanne rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
This is a sequel to Denim and Diamonds. It is the story of rancher Lonnie Ellison and teacher Joy Fuller. I found it to be just okay - maybe it was the way I read it but it seemed disjointed.
Amy
Apr 10, 2015 Amy rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
Typical boring romance. You could see the end a mile away (and this is coming from someone who always gets blindsided).
Lesley
Jul 17, 2009 Lesley rated it liked it
It is by Debbie Macomber, it never mentioned knitting, it was a Harlequin series... what more can I say??
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
This has been one of my favorites by Debbie Macomber. It's a light and happy story and well worth reading! :)
Laurel
Aug 19, 2012 Laurel rated it did not like it
Slow, predictable, and boring. Recommended to my by one of my seniors (89 yrs old!), just not my speed.
Lynn
Oct 02, 2011 Lynn rated it did not like it
My only excuse for reading this embarrassingly bad book was that it is my first Kindle library book. So for free, I can't complain too much, or can I?
Patricia Solla
Oct 18, 2011 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
Once again we have an easy read from this author. We have a cowboy (former rodeo star), small town life and a romantic interest that has opposite's attracing. Good fun and good action.
Mandy
Mandy rated it liked it
Jul 02, 2015
  • The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Secret Son (The Teagues of Texas, #1)
  • The Bull Rider's Twins (Callahan Cowboys, #3)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Larkspur Road (Lonesome Way #2)
  • Hawk's Way: Faron & Garth (Hawk's Way #3-4)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Big Sky Christmas (Coffee Creek, Montana #4)
  • The Pregnancy Test
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • To Have, Hold, And Let Go
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Once in a Lifetime
  • His Baby Dream (Safe Harbor Medical, #11)
  • Jezebel's Blues
  • The Saxon  (Viking, #2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 990 weeks on the New York Times ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Wyoming Brides (3 books)