Start by marking “My Trip to the Hospital” as Want to Read:
My Trip to the Hospital

My Trip to the Hospital (Little Critter)

When Little Critter breaks his leg in a soccer game, he has to make his first trip to the hospital. Follow brave Little Critter as he rides in an ambulance, meets the doctor, and gets his first X-ray and his first cast.
Unknown Binding, 24 pages
Published November 8th 2005 by HarperFestival (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about My Trip to the Hospital, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Trip to the Hospital

Andrew Stockle
My Trip to the Hospital - This is the story of a “little critter” and his first experience with the hospital. The little critter breaks his leg while scoring the game winning goal at his soccer game. The events that follow are the experiences he has while visiting the hospital. The text is written in such a way that the reader is hearing the story form the “little critter’s” point of view, but seeing the story as it really is from the illustrations. Therefore, the pictures enhance the text. This ...more
Jodie
Aug 04, 2016 Jodie rated it really liked it
Wanted a couple of hospital titles to share with my nephew because his daddy is going to the hospital and I wanted to make him feel a little better about everything.
Allison
Mercer Mayer has written a book where Little Critter breaks his leg at his soccer game! He has to ride on a stretcher, in the ambulance and in another stretcher in the hospital. Despite the pain, Little Critter hangs tight through an examination and an X-Ray. Little Critter gets wrapped up in a cast and learns how to walk with crutches, too.

This book is appropriate for ages 4+

This book gives kids some insight into what a trip to the hospital is like, that is isn't a scary thing, the doctors ar
Anna
Jun 02, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
Little Critter breaks his leg during a soccer game and must go in the ambulance to the hospital. Well received by 3 year old great niece Sabrina.

Valuable for little ones to learn about the arcane aspects of ambulance interiors and ER's. Positive book about a difficult subject.
Jul 14, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This is a great book to help children overcome their fears of doctors and hospitals. It is reassuring to see the end goal rather than focusing on the fear of pain that is sometimes inflicted at the doctors office.
Lindsey Rogers
Apr 22, 2013 Lindsey Rogers rated it really liked it
Poor critter hurts himself and breaks his leg. This story is great for getting students to realize that doctors can help them and for them not to be scared of them. I would read this to kindergarten and first graders.
T Crockett
Jun 29, 2015 T Crockett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is adored by the youngsters I know. It includes sports and doctors, so it covers most of their favorite play topics. Big hit with preschool and early elementary kids.
Erica Tucker
Apr 26, 2010 Erica Tucker rated it did not like it
When Little Critter scores a goal at his soccer game he also obtains a broken leg. Follow his story as he goes in the ambulance and gets fixed up at the hospital.
Theresa
Dec 02, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it
Shelves: review
a cute story with a cute idea, using the stories of his daily life to teach children. a cute story about health care
Andd Becker
Feb 26, 2013 Andd Becker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mercer Mayer delights young readers with look-for-the-mouse and look-for-the-spider visual details.
Sue
Jul 08, 2010 Sue rated it it was amazing
love it. How to prepare a child for events inevitable in life.
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Jen Van Vooren
Jen Van Vooren rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2016
Kierstan Schwab
Kierstan Schwab marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2016
Rosie
Rosie rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Sunshine
Sunshine rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Aug 11, 2016
Indigo
Indigo rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
PAUL
PAUL marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Michelle Tubbs
Michelle Tubbs rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2016
James
James added it
Jul 08, 2016
Ella Fletcher
Ella Fletcher marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2016
Audrey Krippendorf
Audrey Krippendorf rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Riley Boone
Riley Boone rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2016
Vikki
Vikki marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
  • Franklin Fibs
  • Curious George Visits a Toy Store (Curious George New Adventures)
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Big Spelling Bee
  • Cinderella
  • The Berenstain Bears' Really Big Pet Show
  • You Wouldn't Want to Be in Alexander the Great's Army!: Miles You'd Rather Not March
  • Franklin Goes To The Hospital
  • Blue Train, Green Train (Thomas & Friends)
  • Arthur's TV Trouble (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Where Did They Hide My Presents?  silly dilly Christmas songs
  • New Tricks I Can Do!
  • 1+1=5 and Other Unlikely Additions
  • Meteor!
  • Eric Carle's Dragons, Dragons
  • Frozen Big Golden Book (Disney Frozen)
  • Fancy Nancy: Poison Ivy Expert
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Me Too! (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad