Start by marking “The Secret Lives of Toddlers: A Parent's Guide to the Wonderful, Terrible, Fascinating Behavior of Children Ag” as Want to Read:

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Why do they rub food in their hair? Why do they want to hear the same book over and over? Why do they love being naked?

Between the ages of one and three, children can be delightful, affectionate, intelligent explorers of their newfound world. They can also be holy terrors. Grounded in up-to-date research, The Secret Lives of Toddlers demystifies 52 common behaviors of tod
Published October 5th 2004 by Perigee Books

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Lives of Toddlers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Lives of Toddlers

Carrie
Emily
A very easy to read book about Toddler basics. The book is divided into questions, with 2 or 3 pages devoted to answering question (Why do toddlers bite?) and another page or two giving some concrete advice with a quick paragraph explaining the advice (How to prevent biting, Don't bite back, etc).

I'd recommend to folks who don't have much time and have a specific problem they're looking for some help addressing. I read the whole thing, but think that most of the situations won't come up. (Or ma
Lara
This is a quick and easy reference for parents, whether you decide to read it from cover to cover or just flip to the sections that are important to you at the time. The answers are often common sense, but still a good reminder. The book helped remind me to not take anything too seriously -- so what if they go out in stripes and florals together!
Jenny
This is a quick reference and probably best for first time parents with an overwhelming habit of thinking "Oh he's doing ____, is that normal?" Look it up in this book and figure out what to do. As another reviewer said, nothing terribly new in the way of advice but nice to have it all there in one quick guide.
Lara
Nov 04, 2009 Lara marked it as to-read
interesting information. can read 2-3 pages at a time to learn about specific things like, why do toddlers love to read the same book over and over or why do toddlers eat a ton one day and not at all the next? it is midly amusing but 100% accurate for commiserating with toddler parents.
I'm not a parent, but most of my friends have toddlers. I wanted to understand what goes on in their little heads, and I feel I have a better grasp of that now. Since I won't be putting the suggestions into practice, I can't speak for the tips.
Wish I'd had this when my son was that age. Of course, I'm glad I've got it now, as he still rubs food in his hair, likes to be nekkid, and wants to hear the same story over and over... two years old, three, six - what's the diff? /grin
Becky
Good read. I needed to read this 1. to assure me that Brady is a normal two-year old, and 2. to relax and let him discover and learn (and not fixate on the mess being made).
Elyssa
This is a helpful guide for looking up your toddler's seemingly odd behaviors and learning that it's all part of their developmental process.
Tisha
The tips were pretty obvious. There wasn't really anything new in here.
Jenna
More of a reference book than a sit down and read book.
AJ Conroy
Very practical advice.
Vanessa
Some good information.
Tammie
Aug 04, 2007 Tammie added it
Recommends it for: parents of toddlers
Cute.
Erin
Erin is currently reading it
Jun 21, 2015
Lisa Hofle
Lisa Hofle marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Shikilra Smith
Shikilra Smith marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Dasha
Dasha marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Secret Lives of Dogs: The Real Reasons Behind 52 Mysterious Canine Behaviors The Secret Lives of Toddlers The Good Life for Less: Giving Your Family Great Meals, Good Times, and a Happy Home on a Budget The Lost Pet Chronicles: Adventures of a K-9 Cop Turned Pet Detective