Start by marking “Becoming a Woman of Simplicity: "I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ." 2 Corinthians 11:3” as Want to Read:

In a culture that pulls women in multiple directions at once, is it possible to adjust priorities, reexamine your time management, and reduce your busyness in exchange for what is truly important--becoming like Jesus?

Written by Navigator author and Bible teacher Cynthia Heald, Becoming a Woman of Simplicity is a topical Bible study that delves into Scripture to offer pract
Published July 15th 2009 by NavPress

To ask other readers questions about Becoming a Woman of Simplicity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming a Woman of Simplicity

Mandy J. Hoffman
Feb 17, 2010 Mandy J. Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
I have yet to meet a woman who is content with her life as it is - busy and chaotic. Rather, most women are longing for simplicity and time to enjoy their family, friends, and their faith in Christ.

Cynthia Heald has written an wonderful Bible study titled Becoming A Woman Of Simplicity. In this nicely packaged book, she walks you through 11 lessons on simplicity in light of scripture. If you are a woman who wants to know how to have a simple life, this study will answer many questions and give y
Dominique
Jan 15, 2011 Dominique rated it really liked it
This book review of Cynthia Heald‘s book, Becoming A Woman of Simpliticy, has me a little flummoxed. I chose to use it as my morning Bible Study and I’m glad I did. This is not a book that could be properly digested by sitting down and reading it in one fell swoop. There was much to ponder and process between the covers of this book.

Having said that, I did find myself towards the end, growing weary of the scripture upon scripture that I had to look up. I can’t really explain why, but at the end
Pamela (Lavish Bookshelf)
Apr 21, 2012 Pamela (Lavish Bookshelf) rated it it was amazing
Becoming a Woman of Simplicity by Cynthia Heald is a comprehensive Bible study that can lead you to your heart’s desire of simplicity with God's direction for your life. The author of numerous Bible studies, Cynthia Heald is the author of the series "Becoming a Woman of…" with titles such as Becoming a Woman of Prayer and Becoming a Woman of Faith. In this age of doing and having more, a life of simplicity seems like an impossible dream. It really is not impossible, though.

As Heald states on Pa
Laverne Ombadykow
This book is a treasure chest of verses and ideas and thoughts that can guide a person to become more focused on things that are important to God.

We live in a world where doing several things at one time is common and it's good to get back to what is really life sustaining. As I worked though this Bible study it became very clear to me that certain attitudes are more important to God than all the projects and programs that might fill a person's time - even if they are the best projects in the w
Jessie
Mar 22, 2011 Jessie rated it really liked it
I just finished this book with my Bible study and it was transforming. It has brought new meaning to being still and KNOWING He IS God! "The beauty of peace graces my life because I stop to listen to the Holy Spirit who prompts me to confess sin, to forgive others, and to obey His leading. My confidence and calmness flow from choosing the best and from taking time to be silent. He is gentle and humble and when you accept His call, you enter into a life lived in the unforced rhythms of grace." ~ ...more
Carmen
Mar 22, 2016 Carmen rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I was raised catholic, which makes me always feel guilty about everything... Not doing enough, not doing it perfectly. This book helped me see that only one thing is necessary. And I needed that. It helped me to let go of what will stay in this world and spend more time with my Savior, loving those He entrusted to me.

Karen
Oct 03, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-living
Might make a good ladies' Bible study choice although I read through it on my own. And what it is about ladies' Bible study authors that makes them jump and skip their way through the Bible? Proof texts may be a way to write more books but they're not, by definition, a methodical way to study the Bible.
Robin Densmore Fuson
The Ladies Bible study group I attend went through this book one chapter a week. We had wonderful times of discussion and encouragement. This is one of many "Becoming a Woman" books. Cynthia is a gifted writer and teacher. This book is well written to teach quiet time devotion to our Lord especially to new Christians.
Tayarta Brown
Dec 02, 2013 Tayarta Brown rated it it was amazing
This book is simply written, but it has a powerful and practical impact. It's a book you will definitely find yourself consistently reflecting on and returning to, as you grow closer to The Only True and Living Lord, while becoming a woman of simplicity.
Jan 10, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book that gave me so much to think about. It has change my life and the way I live and pushed me in to a deeper relationship with God and challenged me to make him my main focus daily. This is a great book to go through individually or with a group.
Jan
Sep 27, 2011 Jan rated it it was amazing
Our whole group of Yada Bible Study loved the study, We only go as far as time allows each meeting and it works very well, the Bible references and quotes are just perfect. We even ordered another book by Cynthia Heald and are finding it excellent too and unique in its own verses and purposes
Shannon
This series by Cynthia Heald is an exception to my distaste for books written specifically for women and for group Bible study guides. (I usually find books in both of those categories shallow and boring, but I've enjoyed and been challenged by others in this particular series.)
Kameron
Jul 16, 2011 Kameron rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bible
Currently working on this study as a group with my sisters and mom long distance. It is incredible. Each chapter is well thought out, incorporates lots of Scripture for us to look up on our own and meditate on and has already enhanced and changed my walk with the Lord.
Angie Jones
May 28, 2014 Angie Jones rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this bible study while doing it and have actually enjoyed it even more in the months/years since as I've seen the fruit of simplicity grow (albeit haphazardly) in my crazy busy life.
Regina Gadad
Mar 01, 2016 Regina Gadad rated it it was amazing
I read this book amongst wise Christian women in my church's LAMBS (Ladies A.M. Bible Study) group. It called us to shed the excess of materialism and live in Christ honoring simplicity.
Susan Commeford
Jul 18, 2014 Susan Commeford rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
The books by Cynthia Heald are always illuminating. She challenges us to think outside of the box. Our ladies bible study have read two of her books so far and we all love and recommend them.
Tracy
Apr 02, 2014 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This has been on of my favorite bible studies! It really hits home and makes you think about what is important. My whole group loved it and got a lot out of it. So glad we did it!!
Sharon
Dec 09, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best and most timely Bible studies that I have ever done. HIghly recommend for all busy women who long for still waters and peaceful meadows in the midst of 21st century chaos.
Ambica Converse
Apr 30, 2012 Ambica Converse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cynthia brought it home to all women in how to simplify our lives in order to put the Savior first. I love this author, her books are very challenging and I learn a lot from each one of them.
Connie
Nov 18, 2013 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible-study
Over a period of ten months neighborhood women found this study to be extremely challenging and helpful. Grateful for it.
Mandy
Jul 07, 2010 Mandy rated it it was ok
I didn't actually finish this book. I feel like I should have liked it more than I did, but it was really repetitive and I got bored.
M.H.
M.H. rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2013
Charity
Charity rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2013
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Lauren Marie
Lauren Marie rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2010
May
May rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Wendy Ricker
Wendy Ricker rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Nikki Miller
Nikki Miller rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2014
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2013
Talley Ehrlich
Talley Ehrlich rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Real Moms...Real Jesus: Meet the Friend Who Understands
  • Voices of the True Woman Movement: A Call to the Counter-Revolution (True Woman)
  • The Fruitful Life: The Overflow of God's Love Through You
  • Let Go: Live Free of the Burdens All Women Know
  • Don't Kiss Him Good Bye (London Confidential, #3)
  • Here and Now...There and Then: A Lecture Series on Revelation - Listening Guide
  • Expecting to See Jesus: A Wake-Up Call for God's People
  • Passion For Jesus: Growing in Extravagant Love for God
  • Am I Really a Christian?
  • Beyond Bath Time: Embracing Motherhood as a Sacred Role (True Woman)
  • Uncommon Marriage: Learning about Lasting Love and Overcoming Life's Obstacles Together
  • Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice: Experiments in Spiritual Transformation
  • A Woman's High Calling
  • A Woman's Wisdom: How the Book of Proverbs Speaks to Everything
  • Shopping for Time: How to Do It All and Not Be Overwhelmed
  • What Are You Afraid Of?: Facing Down Your Fears with Faith
  • The Bible Jesus Read
  • Petra: City of Stone

“We simplify, not just to be less busy, even though we may be right to pursue that. Rather, wesimplify to remove distractions from our pursuit of Christ. We prune activities from our lives, not only to get organized, but also that our devotion to Christ and service for His kingdom will be more fruitful. We simplify, not merely to save time, but to eliminate hindrances to the time we devote to knowing Christ. All the reasons we simplify should eventually lead us to Jesus Christ.'
DONALD S. WHITNEY”