Start by marking “Punk Farm on Tour” as Want to Read:
Punk Farm on Tour

Punk Farm on Tour (Punk Farm #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  270 ratings  ·  56 reviews
FARMER JOE IS heading off to a Tractor Society Conference in Reno. But meanwhile, back at the farm . . .

. . . Cow, Sheep, Pig, Goat, and Chicken are getting ready to rock across the U.S.A. as they set out on a Punk Farm tour! Only, their beat-up old tour van is threatening to ruin their plans. Can the wheels on the van go round and round all the way from Maine to Colorado?
Published October 9th 2007 by Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Punk Farm on Tour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Punk Farm on Tour

Cheryl
Ok, I loved the first book, especially because of "Thank you Wisconsin" (I'm from WI). In this one Farmer Joe goes to Reno (I live in Carson City, just outside of Reno). Coincidence or conspiracy? Ah, who cares, I just gotta find this!
----------------
Found it. Slightly disappointed. This is lots of fun, but somehow it's not quite as magical as the first book. I do like Pig's 'groupies' and I do like how the different audiences around the country included locally indigenous wildlife. I won't be k
Becky
Krosoczka, Jarret J. 2007. Punk Farm On Tour. Knopf.

For those that can't get enough Punk Farm, let me introduce you to Punk Farm On Tour. Sure, the book has been out a while. And plenty of you may already be good friends with Sheep and his fellow band members: Goat, Chicken, Cow, and Pig. This band is looking to take advantage of Farmer Joe's absence to go on a tour of their own. Once the broken-down van (looks eerily familiar to me) gets a makeover (inside and out) the band is on their way. But
Mary Ann
This is a fun spin on summer road trips. It's high energy fun with a healthy dose of imagination that young kids will dig! When Farmer Joe packs up for the National Tractor Society Conference in Reno, the animals know it's time for their band Punk Farm to gear up for a road trip. First, they need to get their ride ready: the Rock Van. So Cow, Chicken, Goat, Pig and Sheep head to Maine for their first gig and hope that inspiration will hit for their new "killer" song.

Punk Farm's travels take them
Edward Creter
Punk Farm rocks on with a four city tour and a hot track that takes on a classic standard The Wheels on the Bus and keeps it fresh, real and off the charts. ROCK ON PUNK FARM!
Yingyi
有悬念。结合孩子耳熟能详的歌,根据情节改了歌词。作者没有单一地用 谁说:“。”的句式,而是用其他动词取代:point out,interrupt, add, suggest, offer, cry, doesn't agree, exclaims, reply, squeal, yell, plead, shout, ask,
Stephanie Croaning
Kids loved PUNK FARM and it makes a great participatory read-aloud. PUNK FARM ON TOUR will delight kids for the same reasons.
Liz Todd
"The Wheels on the van go round and round.."

Kids really enjoyed this sequel. Favorite characters return!
Terri
Nov 11, 2014 Terri added it
Shelves: child-lit, spl
Always fun to see references to Shepard Fairey in a book you're reading to your kid.
Jessica
Sep 20, 2012 Jessica rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children
Well, this book was not what I expected and certainly caught my children and I off guard. But in a totally good way. I picked the book up at the library because it looked like a change of pace from our normal reads and had fun artwork. As we settled down to read it tonight, the first few pages my 4-year-old was looking at me bewildered. She just didn't get it. But once we got to the song and she realized what they were singing, she loved and it and sang along with me. Definitely some clichés and ...more
Caroline
Punk Farm is back, and this time their taking a rusty old van on tour. The revisited children's song this time around is "The Wheels on the Bus," now sung as "The Wheels on the Van" documenting the problems with road tripping in a real clunker. Lyrics like, "The engine in the van goes clunk, clank, clunk!" are sure to resonate with both rocker parents and happy-to-make-noises kids. Excellent as a read-aloud, particularly with air guitar solos added.
Shannon
Ugh. What kind of band only plays one verse of one song at each stop? Craziness. Moira loves it because the animals are playing music and the song they sing is a version of "The Wheels On the Bus" which is still a favorite song. I hate it because the story isn't well told. It's like the author was trying to use as few words as possible to get the story across, but he kind of failed. Sika appears to agree with me about this book.
Skylar Burris
I found this to be poorly written, as well as a book that tries too hard to be "cool." It's mostly the writing, however, that puts me off. Read something like "Harlod and the Purple Crayon" and then read this...it just makes me shudder. I often tolerate bad writing in children's books provided my daughter enjoys the books, but she didn't seem too impressed with this one.
Amanda
I liked finding this sequel. The book part inside the covers has paintings of the characters laid out on maps all friendish like. Hail TC. Hail Emily. The van is painted with lightning stripes so it is stylish. Pig is always caught smooching after the shows. i don't know how these animals keep the farmer in the dark. I mean, punk is loud.
Kelly
A great follow-up to Punk Farm. He added new details like the horse security guards which made me laugh, Pig's expressions and hilarity, and the right animals for each location they visit on tour - like flamingos in Florida and moose in Maine and lynx in Colorado. I also like the lettering of Punk Farm and the text in the book.
Elizabeth
This is a fabulous follow-up to _Punk Farm_! In _Punk Farm_, the farm animals sing a punk version of "Old MacDonald" and in this book they sing a punk version of "The Wheels on the Bus". Clever!
I like how Jarrett spoofs what real rock bands are like--such as the autographs, the groupies, the shades, etc.
Bethany
Acrylic paint illustrations with details that enhance the story (i.e. Pig's escapades with his fans). The story (song performed by band) is a twist on "The Wheels on the Bus" and makes for a fun read-aloud and audience participation. A fun book! Themes: music, concerts, farms, farm animals.
I thought this was a funny story, and a creative way to show what a band tour would be like. I liked the funny spin on "The Wheels on the Bus," and singing animals is always a good idea, especially funny ones like goat, and his laid back attitude.
Wrigley
it's alright, but there are some better books.

[mom says:I was slow to warm up to this one. I thought it was pointless and not particularly well written, but by the end, I did have a lot of fun singing a punk version of The Wheels on the Bus.]
Marcia
Jun 16, 2012 Marcia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: prek-2
The Punk Farm animals are on tour! This is a fun read-aloud, with singing ("The wheels on the van") and a bit of geography. The kids spotted the regional animals at each stop. These are farm animals with attitude! A hit with kindergarten.
Molly
When I took this book home I thought to myself there is no way that I will like this book. Boy was I wrong I thought it was creative and sweet and overall just a fun read. I like that it shows musicians that today's parents may have enjoyed. Ages 4+
Jenny
This book is the sequel to "Punk Farm", and it features the song "Wheels on the Bus." I like this book better because there is definitely a stronger plot than the first, and there is more character development between the farm animals.
Brandy
So much fun! I love that it takes a well known children's song and puts a twist on it. The kids can guess what might come next in the song. The pictures are fun and it's great to see who the kids think will get back to the farm first.
Thomas
Inflated egos, groupies, drinking... it's all there (in the background of the drawings) for the adults to enjoy and snicker at while the tots will be moshing to "On the bus go...". Another solid entry from the punk farm crew.
Brittaney
This was part 2 to another book, Punk Farm. I read it to my 11 month old nephew and he absolutely loved both of them, maybe it was the cool tunes. Personally I liked the original book the best, but this was nice.
Meghan
usually don't like sequels but this one is awesome! I want my copy signed! I can't wait for a third (hopefully). There seems to be a lot of drama going on with these animals. I want more behind the scenes!
Leona
Jan 22, 2008 Leona rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: easy
For preschool set only. Different versions of "the wheels on the bus . . ." only fun part. I wouldn't recommend this one, unless the child really likes that son.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
This was funnier because I had the opportunity to hear Jarrett J. Krosoczka perform it at the LA Times Festival of Books. Great concept and a lot of fun.
Jodie
Farm animals on tour and they love to sing a version of wheels on the bus. Pictures bright and big. Younger readers will enjoy this story.
Jennifer McGee
The story was worthy of maybe one star, but with the illustrations I at least gave it two! Cute book, but the first was better.
Rita
Not as good as the first book, but it was still a great book to read during storytimes or for kindergarten classrooms.

• The Little Rabbit Who Liked to Say Moo
studiojjk.com
punkfarm.com
lunchladycomics.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarrett J. Krosoczka used to be a goofy kid that liked to draw. Now, he is a published author/illustrator with many books to his credit. Growing up in Worcester, MA Jarrett drew relentlessly and always had a cast of characters that he wrote stories for. In 9th grade, Jarrett won a contest with The Worcester Telegram & Ga
More about Jarrett J. Krosoczka...
Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute (Lunch Lady, #1) Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians (Lunch Lady, #2) Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (Lunch Lady, #5) Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta (Lunch Lady, #3) Lunch Lady and the Mutant Mathletes (Lunch Lady, #7)