Start by marking “Laugh-eteria” as Want to Read:
Laugh-eteria

Laugh-eteria

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Karate Kids
One was a black belt. One was a brown. One had a loose belt; His pants fell down.
Silly, irreverent, and always clever, these poems showcase Douglas Florian’s talent for turning plain old language into outrageously entertaining verse. Page after page of witty wordplay and droll black-and-white drawings are guaranteed to knock the socks off devoted poetry fans an
Published April 1st 1999 by HMH Books for Young Readers (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Laugh-eteria, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Laugh-eteria

Ashley Schroeder
The style of laugh-eteria is unique. After reading this book I thought that this book had NO meaning to it whatsoever. I like when I’m bored and want something fun to read, then I would read this kind of book, but otherwise it is just childish. It should be read by elementary students not middle schoolers like me. The fact that there is no point to these poems blows my mind, because everything has to have a meaning to it whether you know the meaning or not. As far as I’m concerned, this book has ...more
Samantha
One poem out of this book is about a kid who is saying the school lunch is nasty. The food tastes bad and gross but the kid still thinks lunch is the best thing at school.

I liked this book, some poems were funny and good, but others were not so funny and really cheesy and dumb.

I would recommend this poetry book except its really cheesy on a lot of poems and I kind of got tired of reading the boring ones.
Camille
Brilliant poetry. Kids love this book.
Rose Goodwin
This has a lot of humorous poetry. I really like "Brush Rush." This book would be good to use for predictability and learning new words. It also has made up words that are fun to read. "Food for Thought" is good for figures of speech. I think you should read it.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for Kids @ TeensReadToo.com

In this entertaining poetry book, Douglas Florian pairs rhymes with simple black-and-white illustrations on subjects ranging from siblings, fishermen, April Fool's Day, homework, camels, the dangers of drinking ink, and much, much more.

With poems that are simple enough for beginning readers, and large drawings that would be great for coloring, LAUGH-ETERIA would be a fun gift for any creative child.

As an added bonus, some poems are a little gross and c
Ashley Hinton
Laugh-eteria is a fun-filled book of a variety of poems for all ages, especially for children. There are a mixture of poems with simple, sketched illustrations between families, school, food, and much more.
Rachel
I read "Downsize" in this book. It is has pen and ink drawings with each poem. This particular poem has the text follow the message, so the line starts out big and they get smaller and smaller.
Nielson
Poem: Sigh-clops (pg.135). Funny poem. It plays on the word cyclops as all of the lines end with a "clops". Many of the poems in this book are about monsters/aliens/ghouls etc.
Audrey
Moster Meatballs - This poem is short and sweet. It is very cute and would be really fun to illustrate. This book of poems looks like a great one for the class.
Savannah Shields
This is great poetry book that also contains a lot of school aged childrens' works and advice to others about school through their neatly designed poems and drawings.
Emily Rosbottom
I liked this collection of poetry more than the author's other collection Bing, Bang, Boing. Goofy poems engage students. Great for the end of the school day.
Kristen Edge
Poem book with LOTS of poems! This is a good book to use during a poetry cycle. Give lots of examples of differnt characteristics of poetry.
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Stephanie Moss
Stephanie Moss marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Nicki
Nicki is currently reading it
Oct 28, 2014
Efrata
Efrata marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
MrsMaryLibrary
MrsMaryLibrary marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Comets, Stars, the Moon, and Mars: Space Poems and Paintings Insectlopedia Dinothesaurus: Prehistoric Poems and Paintings UnBEElievables: Honeybee Poems and Paintings Poetrees