Ranma 1/2, Volume 9

Ranma 1/2, Volume 9 (Ranma ½ (US) #9)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  826 ratings  ·  14 reviews
In this, the tenth "Ranma 1/2" graphic novel, some strange episodes occur: it's cold and flu season, and Shampoo knows just the sneeze to please, some super soba noodles that give Akane the edge over Shampoo, and more.
Published October 9th 1997 by Viz Media (first published 1989)

Leila Anani
Following directly on from volume 8, this has the concluding part to the story in which short sighted Mousse, to gain Shampoo's affections, decides to use duck spring water on Akane. Hilarity ensues when Ranma is tricked into thinking Akane is a duck.

Gender bending is taken to a new level in the next tale. We meet Tsubasa in love with Ukyo (the girl who looks like a boy - who was Ranma's finance we met in the last volume) - confusion abounds as Ukyo telling her he's really a girl fails to put h...more
Becky
Volume 9: Enter Tsubasa and all of her (view spoiler) ineffective disguises, Ranma pretending to be Ryoga's little sister, and the hunt for the scroll containing the secret of Happosai's dreaded Happo Fire Burst -- which of course leads to a hot spring where gender-bending shenanigans ensue. This is one of my all-time favorites in the whole series. My best friend gave me a copy as a present for my fourteenth (or fifteenth?) birthday! (D'aaaw!, friendship)
Emmy Lou
Someone really needs to fix these descriptions.

In this volume, Mousse tries to turn Akane into a duck, Ryoga asks Akane over to his house and Ranma gets jealous, and Happosai is back burglarizing the neighborhood of it's panties.
Matt
"Ranma! What did you ever do to a MAILBOX?!" "I never did nothin' to a mailbox!"
KianaML
As always I found this volume of Ranma 1/2 to be as enjoyable as the last! Even though the action can get a bit on the repetitive side, overall the humor and plot always makes it a fun read! One of the funniest parts in this had to be when Ranma pretended to be Rouga's "long lost sister Yoiko" which still makes me laugh!
*Queen Diva*
Yay I'm finally happy to be getting back to Ranma from my short break of 1) reading other books and 2) waiting for the 7th book for weeks to come in at the library. Unfortunately, I wasn't too crazy about this volume. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it (after all, Shampoo was in it and I love her! Haha!) but in terms of story line, I wasn't particularly impressed with this volumes stories. They were kind of "meh" for me. But I still really love this series, and of course this volume had plenty...more
Caroline
Ranma 1/2 if one of my all-time favorite manga series. There are times when the action gets a bit repetitive, but the insanity of the different schools of Anything Goes Martial Arts makes this one of the more entertaining shonen manga series around. It's a good mix of comedy, romance and action that just works well for me.
Jucchan
They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. But I did - And I was right ;) This series is amazing! You get genderbender, fantasy, action, romance and slapstick-humor along with intense serious moments, what more can you want?
Ubalstecha
A slightly repetitive story line, but full of zany, kung-fu fun.
Brianna
pretty good.
Cazadora
Cazadora marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Janice
Janice added it
Jul 03, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
  • Love Hina, Vol. 02
  • Angelic Layer, Vol. 03 (Angelic Layer, #3)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 11: Veteran
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 03: To Sprout
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 10
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.
More about Rumiko Takahashi...
InuYasha: Turning Back Time (InuYasha, #1) Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1) InuYasha Ani-Manga, Vol. 1 (Inuyasha Ani-Manga, #1) InuYasha: Family Matters (InuYasha, #2) InuYasha: Good Intentions (InuYasha, #3)