Start by marking “Ranma 1/2, Volume 9” as Want to Read:
Ranma 1/2, Volume 9

Ranma 1/2, Volume 9 (Ranma ½ (US) #9)

4.12  ·  Rating Details ·  1,160 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
In this, the tenth "Ranma 1/2" graphic novel, some strange episodes occur: it's cold and flu season, and Shampoo knows just the sneeze to please, some super soba noodles that give Akane the edge over Shampoo, and more.
Published October 9th 1997 by Viz Media (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Ranma 1/2, Volume 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ranma 1/2, Volume 9

Becky
May 14, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing
Volume 9: Enter Tsubasa and all of her (view spoiler) ineffective disguises, Ranma pretending to be Ryoga's little sister, and the hunt for the scroll containing the secret of Happosai's dreaded Happo Fire Burst -- which of course leads to a hot spring where gender-bending shenanigans ensue. This is one of my all-time favorites in the whole series. My best friend gave me a copy as a present for my fourteenth (or fifteenth?) birthday! (D'aaaw!, friendship)
Emmy Lou
Someone really needs to fix these descriptions.

In this volume, Mousse tries to turn Akane into a duck, Ryoga asks Akane over to his house and Ranma gets jealous, and Happosai is back burglarizing the neighborhood of it's panties.
Matt
Feb 05, 2013 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Ranma! What did you ever do to a MAILBOX?!" "I never did nothin' to a mailbox!"
Miriam
Nov 27, 2016 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
see my review for 1st book.
Anthonia
Oct 03, 2016 Anthonia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about day in and day out adventures with Ranma and his friends. I enjoyed reading this manga series. A must read.
John Wiswell
Jan 10, 2016 John Wiswell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Several times during this series I've lamented how the characters acted as though it was only possible for one man and one woman to have a romantic union. I'm monogamous and heterosexual, but I can at least recognize that someone else might want something else, and given how subversive Ranma 1/2 is of gender politics, this take on sexuality seemed out of character.

Well, the series addressed that in this book and annihilated any of my complaints.

Remember Ukyo, the tomboy so convincing that Ranma
Sarah Crawford
Jan 20, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Part 1: Akane Becomes a Duck: Ranma fights to save Akane. Shampoo gets some of the water and tries to turn Akane into a duck. In the end Akane gets blasted through the tent by the water, and the last frame has a duck in it.

Part 2: Fowl Play: Ranma finds the duck and brings it home, thinking it's Akane, and Soun demands they get married, but the real Akane shows up. Mousse and Ranma will fight and if Ranma loses Mousse gets to date Shampoo. Shampoo tries to throw the fight but eventually stops i
Leila Anani
Feb 14, 2014 Leila Anani rated it liked it
Following directly on from volume 8, this has the concluding part to the story in which short sighted Mousse, to gain Shampoo's affections, decides to use duck spring water on Akane. Hilarity ensues when Ranma is tricked into thinking Akane is a duck.

Gender bending is taken to a new level in the next tale. We meet Tsubasa in love with Ukyo (the girl who looks like a boy - who was Ranma's finance we met in the last volume) - confusion abounds as Ukyo telling her he's really a girl fails to put h
Miss Ryoko
Nov 20, 2012 Miss Ryoko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
Yay I'm finally happy to be getting back to Ranma from my short break of 1) reading other books and 2) waiting for the 7th book for weeks to come in at the library. Unfortunately, I wasn't too crazy about this volume. Don't get me wrong, I still loved it (after all, Shampoo was in it and I love her! Haha!) but in terms of story line, I wasn't particularly impressed with this volumes stories. They were kind of "meh" for me. But I still really love this series, and of course this volume had plenty ...more
KianaML
As always I found this volume of Ranma 1/2 to be as enjoyable as the last! Even though the action can get a bit on the repetitive side, overall the humor and plot always makes it a fun read! One of the funniest parts in this had to be when Ranma pretended to be Rouga's "long lost sister Yoiko" which still makes me laugh!
Jucchan
Apr 22, 2011 Jucchan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
They say you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. But I did - And I was right ;) This series is amazing! You get genderbender, fantasy, action, romance and slapstick-humor along with intense serious moments, what more can you want?
Jessi
Dec 19, 2015 Jessi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every now and again I've got to re-read Ranma 1/2. Rumiko Takahashi is a great story teller. This is one of the funniest manga I have ever read.
Ash_so
Ash_so rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2014
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2008
Anne Freya
Anne Freya rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Ben Pim
Ben Pim rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2015
Tustin
Tustin rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2012
Michael Heath
Michael Heath rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2011
Jodi
Jodi rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2007
Carlstedt
Carlstedt rated it really liked it
May 13, 2012
SasuComics
SasuComics rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2016
Chaniece Anderson
Chaniece Anderson rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2013
Marianna
Marianna rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2014
Vali
Vali rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Skipabeat
Skipabeat rated it liked it
Jun 14, 2015
Levi
Levi rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2013
Nicole Loop
Nicole Loop rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2016
Heartykisses
Heartykisses rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2012
Reema
Reema rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2014
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2011
  • Wish, Vol. 02 (Wish, #2)
  • Love Hina, Vol. 02
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 10
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 3: To Sprout
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 11: Veteran
  • Azumanga Daioh Vol. 2 (Azumanga Daioh, #2)
Rumiko Takahashi (高橋 留美子) was born in Niigata, Japan. She is not only one of the richest women in Japan but also one of the top paid manga artists. She is also the most successful female comic artist in history. She has been writing manga non-stop for 31 years.

Rumiko Takahashi is one of the wealthiest women in Japan. The manga she creates (and its anime adaptations) are very popular in the United
More about Rumiko Takahashi...

Ranma ½ (US) (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 1 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #1)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 2 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #2)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 3 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #3)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 4 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #4)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 5 (Ranma ½ (US 1st), #5)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 6 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #6)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 7 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #7)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 8 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #8)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 10 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #10)
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 11