Young Cam Jansen and the Baseball Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #5)

Young Cam Jansen and the Baseball Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries #5)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  98 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Level Three

Cam is playing baseball with her friends. When a baseball goes missing, Cam has to use her amazing memory to help her friends find it.
Published March 19th 2001 by Penguin Young Readers (first published 1999)

Ryan Treaster
This is a great book and an easy to read book for children as well. Cam and Eric want to play baseball in the park and need to find their ball. Cam is called Cam because she says "click" and usually remembers things. It is short for camera. When the ball gets lost, Cam must use her memory in order to find it.

Reading Level- Early
Curricular uses- Read aloud
Literary elements- pictures support the text very well

* questions on back of page to help students remember what they read
Dolly
Jan 07, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: beginning readers and parents reading with them
We've read most of the stories in the Young Cam Jansen series by David A. Adler and Susanna Natti. They are perfect for beginning readers, with short, entertaining narratives and colorful illustrations. Our oldest really enjoys the memory quizzes at the end of the books, too.

This is a fun tale about a missing baseball, and Cam solves the mystery with her amazing photographic memory, as always. We enjoyed reading this book together.
Kristine Pratt
As I read the ending of this book, I found myself wishing I'd had a chance to solve it myself. I know the books have to be kept short, but sometimes giving us all the clues so we can guess the end for ourselves would be a good idea, and a way to keep the books more exciting.

On the other hand, it's still a good book and was a lot of fun to read. I love Cam Jansen!
Janet
# 5 in series.
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Babe Ruth Baseball #6
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Circus Clown # 7
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Monster Movie #8
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Carnival Prize #9
Cam Jansen and the Mystery at the Monkey House #10
Debra
The Young Cam Jansen series is perfect for the transitional reader, not yet ready for longer chapter books. But with this one, I wish there were more clues for the reader to use to figure out the mystery.
Marisa
this is the second young cam jansen book my 5 year old has gotten from the library. she wants to read them all.
Gage
I like mystery books. And if you like mystery books this would be a good one for you. Gage
Kirei
While playing baseball, their ball gets lost. The kids have to figure out who took it.
Mahathi
another cam jansen book. lol.
PWRL
Aug 16, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
E
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Amy
Amy added it
Jun 06, 2014
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Shalini Noronha
Shalini Noronha marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Mary
Mary added it
Feb 06, 2014
Lorena
Lorena marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Adler was born in New York City, New York. He graduated from Queens College in 1968 with a bachelor's degree in economics and education. For the next nine years, he worked as a mathematics teacher for the New York City Board of Education, while taking classes towards a master's degree in marketing, a degree he was awarded by New York University in 1971. In that same year, a question from his then-...more
More about David A. Adler...
The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1) The Mystery of the Dinosaur Bones (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #3) The Mystery of the UFO (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #2) The Mystery of the Television Dog (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #4) The Chocolate Fudge Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #14)