Start by marking “Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song” as Want to Read:
Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song

Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  54 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham make up Led Zeppelin, one of the greatest hard rock bands ever. This heavily illustrated book gives readers an in-depth examination of everything that inspired the songs of Led Zeppelin. What was the "House of the Holy"? Where was the "Stairway to Heaven"? Which strange encounters led to such classics as "Kashmir"...more
Published November 7th 2005 by Da Capo Press (first published April 3rd 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Led Zeppelin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Led Zeppelin

Pete daPixie
'Led Zeppelin-Dazed and Confused', written by Chris Welch and published by Carlton Books in 1998.
Here are 'The Stories Behind Every Song' as the front cover proclaims, which could easily be subtitled 'The Stories Behind Every Track' as Welch accompanies the reader through the entire back catalogue of Led Zep recordings, album by album. The collection also includes the musical releases post the band's breakup in 1980 which includes 'Unledded' and the excellent 'No Quarter' and 'BBC Sessions'.
Welc...more
Mari
Good book although it didn't answer one of my questions: how the song "Tangerine" got its title. At least it explained "Black Dog" though.

The plagiarism was pretty appalling. The Zep versions are great stuff but still, it's not that hard to give credit.
Dave
Great reference book to have when you want to get all the tid bits on every Led Zeppelin track out there. I always find myself going back to it. The book is divided up album by album from first to last and I always find myself refering to it. THAT is the sign of a great book. Some songs got more recognition then others of course and I could have used a bit more insight on some of the more obscure Zep songs, but overall a very nice reference book for the shelf.
Rob
I have read a LOT of books about Led Zeppelin, but this one was kind of a disappointment. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but it did fall short.

It would be an excellent book for anybody new to their music, but for me there weren't to many new revelations.

It wasn't a total loss, however, there were some great photos and a few "oh wow" moments, but there are lots of way better Zeppelin books out there.
Serge Pierro
Welch goes through the entire Zeppelin catalog and gives the back story on each song. Interesting information, though much of it I was already aware of. Would make a good introduction to the Zeppelin discography for a Led Zeppelin neophyte.
Brian
A very detailed and amazing reference book which covers all the albums. It gives reasons and insights to many of the songs.
Mick Maye
A bit disappointing for a fan, some little insights but overall bland and sticks to the headlines.
Luis Roche
Luis Roche marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Jardel
Jardel marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jennifer Phillips
Jennifer Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Pooyan
Pooyan marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Abigail Mason-Marshall
Abigail Mason-Marshall marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Toko Sadgobelashvili
Toko Sadgobelashvili marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Victória Cunha
Victória Cunha marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Alex Davies
Alex Davies marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014
Sandra Lotze
Sandra Lotze marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Badger
Badger marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Billie Acrie
Billie Acrie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Close to the Edge: The Story of YES Ginger Geezer: The Life of Vivian Stanshall John Bonham: A Thunder of Drums Peter Grant: The Man Who Led Zeppelin Treasures of Led Zeppelin