Start by marking “Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song” as Want to Read:
Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song

Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, and John Bonham make up Led Zeppelin, one of the greatest hard rock bands ever. This heavily illustrated book gives readers an in-depth examination of everything that inspired the songs of Led Zeppelin. What was the "House of the Holy"? Where was the "Stairway to Heaven"? Which strange encounters led to such classics as "Kashmir" ...more
Published November 7th 2005 by Da Capo Press (first published April 3rd 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Led Zeppelin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Led Zeppelin

Pete daPixie
Jun 25, 2011 Pete daPixie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poptastic
'Led Zeppelin-Dazed and Confused', written by Chris Welch and published by Carlton Books in 1998.
Here are 'The Stories Behind Every Song' as the front cover proclaims, which could easily be subtitled 'The Stories Behind Every Track' as Welch accompanies the reader through the entire back catalogue of Led Zep recordings, album by album. The collection also includes the musical releases post the band's breakup in 1980 which includes 'Unledded' and the excellent 'No Quarter' and 'BBC Sessions'.
Welc
Mari
Mar 31, 2014 Mari rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Good book although it didn't answer one of my questions: how the song "Tangerine" got its title. At least it explained "Black Dog" though.

The plagiarism was pretty appalling. The Zep versions are great stuff but still, it's not that hard to give credit.
Cl7ve
May 02, 2016 Cl7ve rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As informative as the cover of Zeppelin IV. The photographs alleviate the monotony of the prose. Minimal detail on studio work.
Dave
Sep 11, 2011 Dave rated it really liked it
Great reference book to have when you want to get all the tid bits on every Led Zeppelin track out there. I always find myself going back to it. The book is divided up album by album from first to last and I always find myself refering to it. THAT is the sign of a great book. Some songs got more recognition then others of course and I could have used a bit more insight on some of the more obscure Zep songs, but overall a very nice reference book for the shelf.
Rob
Mar 16, 2012 Rob rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music
I have read a LOT of books about Led Zeppelin, but this one was kind of a disappointment. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but it did fall short.

It would be an excellent book for anybody new to their music, but for me there weren't to many new revelations.

It wasn't a total loss, however, there were some great photos and a few "oh wow" moments, but there are lots of way better Zeppelin books out there.
Serge Pierro
Sep 09, 2012 Serge Pierro rated it liked it
Shelves: music
Welch goes through the entire Zeppelin catalog and gives the back story on each song. Interesting information, though much of it I was already aware of. Would make a good introduction to the Zeppelin discography for a Led Zeppelin neophyte.
Brian
Nov 30, 2011 Brian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
A very detailed and amazing reference book which covers all the albums. It gives reasons and insights to many of the songs.
Mick Maye
May 17, 2011 Mick Maye rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: music
A bit disappointing for a fan, some little insights but overall bland and sticks to the headlines.
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Michel
Michel marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Cec
Cec marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
L W
L W marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
DJ
DJ added it
Mar 01, 2016
Dick
Dick marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Virginia
Virginia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2016
Planet J
Planet J marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Rosebud
Rosebud rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Kevin Koivisto
Kevin Koivisto rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Timothy Kang
Timothy Kang marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Chris Hauser
Chris Hauser marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2015
Bethany Davenport
Bethany Davenport marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Bethany Davenport
Bethany Davenport marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Normal
Normal marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
kelly carlisle
kelly carlisle marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015