The Bruce-Partington Plans

The Bruce-Partington Plans

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  22 reviews
National security is at stake when Sherlock Holmes' brother Mycroft, a British government policy-maker, requests Sherlock's help in solving a case of a young man found dead on the underground and carrying technical papers.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 1900)

Yvensong
Another fun Sherlock Holmes tale with a good insight, from Sherlock, into his brother Mycroft's nature.
PenNPaper52
Here was a story with big names thrown at you. Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's bigger and brainier brother who worked for the government, Sherlock Holmes whose intellect and smartness are well-known, Dr. Watson who is Sherlock's trust ally in the detective work and Detective Lestrade who is lacks in brain but makes up for it in tenacity. Secretive plans for a Bruce Partington is found on a government clerk with 3 pages missing. He has been found on the train tracks and Mycroft wants Sherlock to find...more
Mayday
Bagaimana Sherlock bisa memikirkan banyak kemungkinan dari detail-detail yang ia peroleh memang menakjubkan. Dan kali ini kita akan membaca kalimat khas Sherlock, ketika semua kemungkinan adalah mustahil, maka kemungkinan lain, walaupun tidak mungkin, adalah kebenaran (terjemahan kasar otak saya).

Adaptasi Sherlock BBC sedikit berbeda dengan kasus aslinya. Lebih simpel walau cara pembuangan mayatnya sama caranya.

Dan saya jadi berpikir masalah tentang bentuk negara kerajaan membaca novel ini, apak...more
Kally Sheng
The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2346
The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans (Audio): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/8630
Lauren
A short story, but another enjoyable Sherlock Holmes mystery. I guessed a couple of points, but did not know everything.
Edelhart Kempeneers
Was ok, maar een beetje anticlimactisch op het einde.
miss
Aku suka suka suka suka suka ceritanya..
XD

"Salah satu karakteristik Sherlock Holmes yg paling luar biasa adalah kekuatannya dlm merefleksikan pikiran pd tindakannya & mengerahkan semua kekuatan pikirannya ut menerangkan sesuatu, walaupun dia tahu bahwa dirinya tidak dpt mendapatkan manfaat lebih jauh pd pekerjaannya itu"
P68
CD
The first book I am adding that was read on an e-reader. Not my first e-book certainly!

As noted in the Reading Challenge for 2012 comments, it appears that I am going to be reading more e-books in the near future, thus, a distinct shelf.

Great Holmes story with the usual twists and turns!
Trudy
"Look out this window, Watson. See how the figures loom up, are dimly seen, and then blend once more into the cloud-bank. The thief or the murderer could roam London on such a day as the tiger does the jungle, unseen until he pounces, and then evident only to his victim"
Collin A.
The Adventure of the Bruce-Partington Plans offered a fresh quick read for any Holmes reader. This time the London subways becomes a crime scene web a body is four upon the tracks. The plot was somewhat predictable at times but a good read altogether.
Jeff Yoak
This is a fairly unremarkable Holmes story with the exception of the always pleasing appearance of Mycroft Holmes. I'm always struck at how minor his role actually is, for how much he's built up in my mind as a substantial character.
Kt
Haha this was a good mystery but I mostly knew the answer because they used this mystery in the new "Sherlock" series on BBC/PBS Masterpiece. Wish that show was back on already!!
Brooke
Very entertaining Sherlock Holmes short story (novella?). Am I about to become a Sherlock Holmes nerd? Cause I'm not already nerdy enough. Sigh.
Kevin
I loved the reintroduction of Mycroft in this story. Even though it was almost identical to "The Naval Treaty" it was still a great read.
Margaret Metz
What can you say about Sherlock Holmes? I love reading these mysteries. Sherlock Holmes is one of my favorite characters.
Bracari.iris
I loved this case!
And I loved seeing it played out on the seciond episode of "Sherlock".
Roshni
One of Holmes' short stories where he comes to the aid of the British government
Gay Terry
Not his best work but, hey, it had my name in it.
Afsheen
This is a good story and a good plot
Kevin Bowser
Light and quick read.
Annarae
Excellent! :)
Kcolrehs Holmes
Kcolrehs Holmes marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Natalya Kuraeva
Natalya Kuraeva marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
Carrie Stromberg
Carrie Stromberg marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
  • Sherlock's Home: The Empty House
  • The Tape Measure Murder
  • The Mournful Teddy (A Bear Collector's Mystery #1)
  • The Oval Portrait
  • The Mammoth Book of New Sherlock Holmes Adventures
  • Casting the Runes and Other Ghost Stories
  • Thr3e / Obsessed
  • The Burry Man's Day (Dandy Gilver, #2)
  • Lord Tony's Wife
  • The Jewel That Was Ours (Inspector Morse, #9)
  • The September Girls
  • The Army of Dr. Moreau
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • The Act of Roger Murgatroyd: An Entertainment
  • Midshipman Bolitho and the Avenger (Richard Bolitho, #2)
  • The Further Adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Stalwart Companions
  • The Oriental Casebook of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Earl's Dilemma
Arthur Conan Doyle was born the third of ten siblings on 22 May 1859 in Edinburgh, Scotland. His father, Charles Altamont Doyle, was born in England of Irish descent, and his mother, born Mary Foley, was Irish. They were married in 1855.

Although he is now referred to as "Conan Doyle", the origin of this compound surname (if that is how he meant it to be understood) is uncertain. His baptism record...more
More about Arthur Conan Doyle...
A Study in Scarlet  (Sherlock Holmes, #1) The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #3) The Complete Sherlock Holmes The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5) The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume II

“It is fortunate for this community that I am not a criminal.” 15 likes
“The London criminal is certainly a dull fellow. Look out of this window, Watson. See how the figures loom up, are dimly seen, and then blend once more into the cloudbank. The thief or the murderer could roam London on such a day as the tiger does the jungle, unseen until he pounces, and then evident only to his victim.
There have been numerous petty thefts.
This great and sombre stage is set for something more worthy than that. It is fortunate for this community that I am not a criminal.”
2 likes