Start by marking “Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)

Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force #3)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  1,897 ratings  ·  34 reviews
A Union Jack appearing on computer screens all over the world is just a harbinger of the danger to come. As cyberspace is thrown into chaos, several computer experts suffer strokes while hunting the deadly hacker in virtual reality. One of them is the Net Force's own Jay Grindley. And now the Net Force operatives must track down a man capable of cracking every computer cod ...more
Published (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ehrenkodex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ehrenkodex

Jason
This book was OK. It might have been better if I had read #1 or #2 first, but it stood on its own fairly. I'm a sucker for a good military action novel, and in that regard, this was pretty satisfying. I have two complaints, though.

The first complaint is all the virtual reality stuff. I'm a computer guy, so I know first hand that my job would make one really boring novel. Clearly, the authors had to do SOMETHING to make those parts worth reading. That said, portraying the effort to hunt down a "c
Dokusha
Eine Mischung aus "echten" Agentenaktionen und Cyberwar. Die amerikanische NetForce hat die Aufgabe, sich um Computerkriminalität zu kümmern. Dazu braucht sie sowohl Computerexperten, die eventuelle Schäden entweder verhindern oder so gering wie möglich halten, als auch Einsatztruppen, die im Falle eines Falles die bösen Buben dingfest machen.
Die Viren- und Schadprogrammsuche im Computer wird auf eine recht abwechslungsreiche Art und Weise beschrieben: in virtuellen Realitäten stellt sich der Ka
David Roberts
I am reviewing the novel Tom Clancy's Net Force Night Moves which is a very good book which I bought from kindle. This story I think is science fiction and is set in the near future but that is 2010 but this is quite an old book. The plot revolves around a world that is reliant on super computers and they are all set to crash. There are 2 computer experts who maybe could sort it out but they have strokes. There are a lot of different characters in this book and many only have small parts. There ...more
Rachel
Dec 14, 2007 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: clancy fans, military sci-fi, men's adventure
Okay, okay, I broke down and bought the whole series to date. This is the third Net Force book, and Tom Clancy's influence wanes a bit, pulling it more squarely into Steve Perry territory. It loses some of the hard military edge that Clancy pulls into the books he authorizes, but it holds onto enough to keep my attention. Besides, I'm a total Steve Perry fan. And anyone who can motivate him to list good knives by name (A Cold Steel Culloden (which I have) and a Benchmade tanto (unspecified, but ...more
Judith
I really enjoyed Net Force Explorers, but I think I like them better. Not that it was a bad book, but some parts such as the relationship drama were just not that interesting to me. Of course, this stuff links the various books in the series, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. Otherwise it was fine.
Osarenren Ihaza
2.5 stars. Night Moves was not an improvement to the previous installments but it was not particularly terrible either. Nothing new here. The story wasn't much about "advanced" technology as it was about the increasingly complicated relationship between Alex and Toni.
Bharath M
Ninad Chitnis
Interesting enough to make you finish it. The virtual reality stuff however is too too farfetched making it seem hilarious. Should have been a bit more credible
Pat
Computer police of not too distant future.
Super duper computer invented.
Not bad.
Kellen
This was a good vacation book, but the story was a bit weak and the characters not really that believable.
Handri
Jun 06, 2015 Handri is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
amazing this novel hahahah
S.B. Sebrick
I was a little confused at the beginning because we hopped from one point of view to another four times (four different characters) in as many chapters. Once the story got going though, it flowed well. Tom does a great job of maintaining tention not just with the overall plot, but with the character's indiviual challenges. He picks a fairly wide range, so that something one of his characters are expiriencing will ciertianly ring true with a reader's past expirience.
M.G.
Riveting plot, great character development, and it was fascinating to read a futuristic set novel that pegs British high-society as the antagonists (a fresh brand of enemy not ventured by Clancy and Pieczenik). Similar to my review on Hidden Agendas (Net Force #2), this is a series that should be read in the order they were published to understand the backgrounds and motivations of the characters. Once again, Clancy did not disappoint.
James Atkinson

This is one of the worst books I've ever read.
Without the irrelevant padding (mostly lifted from book 1) this would only run 100 pages. Micheals is as unlikable as ever. The plot makes absolutely no sense, Gosford is a Daily Mirror fantasy figure and the overall quality of writing is appalling. Shame on Tom Clancy and Steve Perry.
Martin
A znova to samé, jen jména se mění a nebezpečnost lotrů vzrůstá. Mám rád Clancyho - Perryho, ale tady je vidět, že to celé psal Perry a bál se odbočit z osvědčené cesty.
Jistě, vývoj postav tu je (my romantici si to vychutnáme), ale jinak se jede start-cíl bez jediné zajímavé odbočky.
Platí to samé, co u předchozích dvou dílů. Jen to opakování je už otravné.
Martha
I read Night Moves right after finishing Net Force, the first book in this series. I have not yet read the second book, Hidden Agendas. I found Night Moves to be a better book than Net Force. I had trouble getting through Net Force, even though I enjoy this type of book, but Night Moves was much more interesting to me. I look forward to reading more of the series.
Toby
This book is exciting because of the espionage plot, but nearly embarrassing to read because of how dated the tech references are. Weird lingo that I don't think anyone ever actually used. All the tech is done in 'VR' which is hysterical now. In fact, if you're a geek, you might have fun reading it because of how hokey it is...
Ian
In my opinion, you either like Tom Clancy or you don’t. I think is has more to do with the topics he writes about. If you do like him, most of his books are pretty good. You might like some more than others, but just about all of them are suspenseful and gripping. 9 times out of 10, you’ll be very glad you read his work.
Dan
Not bad. A lot of action but not much in the character development area. I couldn't relate to the characters. It was cluttered with a couple of side stories that got in the way of the main story (teenage problems and relationship problems).
Diane
Starts off really slow, but then most of the action happens too quickly. Also, if your book has so many random acronyms that you have to define each and every one each time they come up, you might have too many acronyms.
Simon
the real world sections are quite good - as you would expect from Clancy, but the VR sections are bloody awful. the last two books were slightly annoying for it but this book takes the cake.
Thomas
I don't know why anyone would want to read and abridged book, I looked all over for the full length version of this one, I bet it would have been much better if I had heard the whole thing.
Charlie C.
This book was great, especially the part when Ruzhyo presses all these buttens and make explosion and smoke. Man that was a cool scene and it felt like I was actrully there. 8/10
Joyce McKune
Alex & Toni are in London for a conference and asked to help MI6 stop a computer terrorist.
I enjoy getting to know the people from one book to the next.
Parker
An interesting portrayal of a quantum-computer invented by a criminal mastermind. Despite the lame VR world-as-manifestation-of-the-Internet, a good read.
Theshigen Navalingam
The worst book I have ever read. The plot is ridiculous and hokey. Unbelievable and just plain atrocious.
Joseph
It was alright, but probably not helped that I was given this one and not the ones before it...
Julsey
Actually, I listened to th esudio cassett. It's was very intriging. Very changing at times.
Jared Johns
Hmm. Not impressed. Maybe I'll give Clancy another try later.
Ricardo
The book was okay but nothing even close to Clancy's best
  • Cutting Edge (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #6)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Virtual Vandals (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #1)
  • The Ultimate Escape (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #4)
  • Gameprey (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #11)
  • Fallout (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #4)

Tom Clancy's Net Force (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Net Force (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #1)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #4)
  • Point of Impact (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #5)
  • Cybernation (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #6)
  • State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #7)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • The Archimedes Effect (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #10)
  • Code War (Net Force 2018, #1)
Shadows of the Empire (Star Wars) Breaking Point (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #4) Net Force (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #1) Hidden Agendas (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #2) Point of Impact (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #5)