Start by marking “Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)” as Want to Read:
Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #3)

Ehrenkodex (Tom Clancy's Net Force #3)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  2,170 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
A Union Jack appearing on computer screens all over the world is just a harbinger of the danger to come. As cyberspace is thrown into chaos, several computer experts suffer strokes while hunting the deadly hacker in virtual reality. One of them is the Net Force's own Jay Grindley. And now the Net Force operatives must track down a man capable of cracking every computer cod ...more
Published (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Ehrenkodex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ehrenkodex

Michael Bates
Nov 05, 2015 Michael Bates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pros: I will admit that the biggest thing that had me turning pages was Alex and Toni's relationship. By the end of the book I had to go try to find the next one in the series. I just had to know what the heck happened.(I mean I had an idea but you know) My favorite character though is Jay and he doesn't disappoint in this one.The virtual reality is pretty cool to me. Little out there but still pretty awesome. John Howard is badass and very likeable. In fact most of the main characters are prett ...more
Jason
Dec 14, 2011 Jason rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was OK. It might have been better if I had read #1 or #2 first, but it stood on its own fairly. I'm a sucker for a good military action novel, and in that regard, this was pretty satisfying. I have two complaints, though.

The first complaint is all the virtual reality stuff. I'm a computer guy, so I know first hand that my job would make one really boring novel. Clearly, the authors had to do SOMETHING to make those parts worth reading. That said, portraying the effort to hunt down a "c
Dokusha
Oct 31, 2014 Dokusha rated it liked it
Eine Mischung aus "echten" Agentenaktionen und Cyberwar. Die amerikanische NetForce hat die Aufgabe, sich um Computerkriminalität zu kümmern. Dazu braucht sie sowohl Computerexperten, die eventuelle Schäden entweder verhindern oder so gering wie möglich halten, als auch Einsatztruppen, die im Falle eines Falles die bösen Buben dingfest machen.
Die Viren- und Schadprogrammsuche im Computer wird auf eine recht abwechslungsreiche Art und Weise beschrieben: in virtuellen Realitäten stellt sich der Ka
David Roberts
Aug 17, 2013 David Roberts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reviewing the novel Tom Clancy's Net Force Night Moves which is a very good book which I bought from kindle. This story I think is science fiction and is set in the near future but that is 2010 but this is quite an old book. The plot revolves around a world that is reliant on super computers and they are all set to crash. There are 2 computer experts who maybe could sort it out but they have strokes. There are a lot of different characters in this book and many only have small parts. There ...more
Rachel
Dec 14, 2007 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: clancy fans, military sci-fi, men's adventure
Okay, okay, I broke down and bought the whole series to date. This is the third Net Force book, and Tom Clancy's influence wanes a bit, pulling it more squarely into Steve Perry territory. It loses some of the hard military edge that Clancy pulls into the books he authorizes, but it holds onto enough to keep my attention. Besides, I'm a total Steve Perry fan. And anyone who can motivate him to list good knives by name (A Cold Steel Culloden (which I have) and a Benchmade tanto (unspecified, but ...more
Nile
Sep 09, 2016 Nile rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
another interesting thriller and very interesting development of the characters of Net Force. The story line is tight and at times a bit too much considering the technology. But it is a make believe thriller, the action is realistic and I seemed to like the Russian. If you are a thriller fan or want to try Tom Clancy this is a good one.
Judith
Sep 09, 2014 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed Net Force Explorers, but I think I like them better. Not that it was a bad book, but some parts such as the relationship drama were just not that interesting to me. Of course, this stuff links the various books in the series, but I didn't particularly enjoy it. Otherwise it was fine.
Osarenren Ihaza
2.5 stars. Night Moves was not an improvement to the previous installments but it was not particularly terrible either. Nothing new here. The story wasn't much about "advanced" technology as it was about the increasingly complicated relationship between Alex and Toni.
Rebecca Shields
This decade-old vision of where cyberspace would be today is not as suspenseful as one would hope. The search for a master hacker both in the Real World and Virtual Reality is mildly interesting, but not much more than that.
Bharath M
Ninad Chitnis
Interesting enough to make you finish it. The virtual reality stuff however is too too farfetched making it seem hilarious. Should have been a bit more credible
Pat
Dec 29, 2014 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspense
Computer police of not too distant future.
Super duper computer invented.
Not bad.
Buddy Draper
Good enough to keep my attention.
Wade Wiegel
A little slow building up to the end due to character development. Additionally, the story humanized the main character Alex a bit too much -- made him seem a little weak and fallible.

The end, while almost too neat, was still unexpected.
Handri
Jun 06, 2015 Handri is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
amazing this novel hahahah
Anthony Messina
Jun 18, 2016 Anthony Messina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick read which I needed after plowing through Hyperspace. Quite the cliff hangerat the end
S.B. Sebrick
I was a little confused at the beginning because we hopped from one point of view to another four times (four different characters) in as many chapters. Once the story got going though, it flowed well. Tom does a great job of maintaining tention not just with the overall plot, but with the character's indiviual challenges. He picks a fairly wide range, so that something one of his characters are expiriencing will ciertianly ring true with a reader's past expirience.
M.G.
Nov 10, 2012 M.G. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riveting plot, great character development, and it was fascinating to read a futuristic set novel that pegs British high-society as the antagonists (a fresh brand of enemy not ventured by Clancy and Pieczenik). Similar to my review on Hidden Agendas (Net Force #2), this is a series that should be read in the order they were published to understand the backgrounds and motivations of the characters. Once again, Clancy did not disappoint.
James Atkinson
Apr 14, 2013 James Atkinson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

This is one of the worst books I've ever read.
Without the irrelevant padding (mostly lifted from book 1) this would only run 100 pages. Micheals is as unlikable as ever. The plot makes absolutely no sense, Gosford is a Daily Mirror fantasy figure and the overall quality of writing is appalling. Shame on Tom Clancy and Steve Perry.
Martin
Mar 03, 2013 Martin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A znova to samé, jen jména se mění a nebezpečnost lotrů vzrůstá. Mám rád Clancyho - Perryho, ale tady je vidět, že to celé psal Perry a bál se odbočit z osvědčené cesty.
Jistě, vývoj postav tu je (my romantici si to vychutnáme), ale jinak se jede start-cíl bez jediné zajímavé odbočky.
Platí to samé, co u předchozích dvou dílů. Jen to opakování je už otravné.
Martha
Nov 28, 2008 Martha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Night Moves right after finishing Net Force, the first book in this series. I have not yet read the second book, Hidden Agendas. I found Night Moves to be a better book than Net Force. I had trouble getting through Net Force, even though I enjoy this type of book, but Night Moves was much more interesting to me. I look forward to reading more of the series.
Toby
Aug 29, 2012 Toby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is exciting because of the espionage plot, but nearly embarrassing to read because of how dated the tech references are. Weird lingo that I don't think anyone ever actually used. All the tech is done in 'VR' which is hysterical now. In fact, if you're a geek, you might have fun reading it because of how hokey it is...
Ian
Sep 06, 2008 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, you either like Tom Clancy or you don’t. I think is has more to do with the topics he writes about. If you do like him, most of his books are pretty good. You might like some more than others, but just about all of them are suspenseful and gripping. 9 times out of 10, you’ll be very glad you read his work.
Dan
Jun 29, 2009 Dan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad. A lot of action but not much in the character development area. I couldn't relate to the characters. It was cluttered with a couple of side stories that got in the way of the main story (teenage problems and relationship problems).
Diane
Nov 13, 2010 Diane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starts off really slow, but then most of the action happens too quickly. Also, if your book has so many random acronyms that you have to define each and every one each time they come up, you might have too many acronyms.
Simon
Jul 22, 2012 Simon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
the real world sections are quite good - as you would expect from Clancy, but the VR sections are bloody awful. the last two books were slightly annoying for it but this book takes the cake.
Thomas
Oct 17, 2013 Thomas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 01-phone, 2013
I don't know why anyone would want to read and abridged book, I looked all over for the full length version of this one, I bet it would have been much better if I had heard the whole thing.
Charlie C.
This book was great, especially the part when Ruzhyo presses all these buttens and make explosion and smoke. Man that was a cool scene and it felt like I was actrully there. 8/10
Thomas Roth
Aug 19, 2016 Thomas Roth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A touch disappointing when compared to other parts of the series. A lot of personality developments both good and bad. The basic premise continues to be rock solid.
Joyce McKune
Jul 13, 2010 Joyce McKune rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex & Toni are in London for a conference and asked to help MI6 stop a computer terrorist.
I enjoy getting to know the people from one book to the next.
  • Shadow Watch (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #3)
  • Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)
  • One is the Loneliest Number (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #3)
  • Fallout (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, #4)
  • The Ultimate Escape (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #4)
  • The Great Race (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #7)
Perry has written over fifty novels and numerous short stories, which have appeared in various magazines and anthologies. Perry is perhaps best known for the Matador series. He has written books in the Star Wars, Alien and Conan universes. He was a collaborator on all of the Tom Clancy's Net Force series, seven of which have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller list. Two of his novelizations, ...more
More about Steve Perry...

Tom Clancy's Net Force (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Net Force (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #1)
  • Hidden Agendas (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #2)
  • Breaking Point (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #4)
  • Point of Impact (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #5)
  • Cybernation (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #6)
  • State of War (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #7)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • Springboard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #9)
  • The Archimedes Effect (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #10)
  • Code War (Net Force 2018, #1)