Start by marking “Give Me A Cowboy” as Want to Read:
Give Me A Cowboy

Give Me A Cowboy

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  14 reviews
This collection offers four lively Texas tales featuring rugged cowboys and the women who tame them.
Mass Market Paperback, 410 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Give Me A Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me A Cowboy

Forever Kind of Cowboy by Sandy SullivanTempted by the Cowboy by Sandy SullivanMake Mine a Cowboy by Sandy SullivanFor the Love of a Cowboy by Sandy SullivanRough Rider by Victoria Vane
Saddle Up: Rodeo Romance MF
29th out of 136 books — 102 voters
Part Time Cowboy by Maisey YatesShoulda Been a Cowboy by Maisey YatesColton by C.J. CarmichaelSingle Dad Cowboy by Brenda MintonOnce Upon a Cowboy by Maggie McGinnis
Romance with Cowboy in the Title
96th out of 115 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Gmc
Give Me a Cowboy Silent Partner / Luck of the Draw / Texas Tempest / Roping the Wind
Authors: Linda Broday, Jodi Thomas, DeWanna Pace, Phyliss Miranda

SILENT PARTNER by Jodi Thomas
Rowdy Darnell was sent to prison as a teenager for a crime he didn't commit. Laurel Hayes knows he's a good person and needs his help to avoid an arranged marriage.

LUCK OF THE DRAW by DeWanna Pace
When Augusta Garrison finds out Dally Angelo's hell-bent on riding the bull that killed his father, she breaks their engageme
Lisa
This was an interesting premise. Four authors, four stories, same week in the same town, one batch of characters. Each author took a different couple during a 'rodeo'. The setting, time frame, town, and supporting characters remained the same. Each story can be read separately.
It felt a little 'odd' moving from one story to the next, because the perspective changed, but the events were the same. The stories were all fine, but at the end of the book I felt like it had been disjointed. Perhaps th
Kym McNabney
SITLENT PARTNER:

As usual, Jodi Thomas didn't disappoint. Once again, she's written an amazing book. This story was well written, fast paced with characters you will fall in love with, as with all her books. Whenever I see a book by Jodi, I pick it up without a though.

LUCK OF THE DRAW:

This one was okay, but in my opinion, not well written.

TEXAS TEMPEST:

This one was nothing short of amazing! This is the second book I've read by, Linda Broday, the other being the preceding book, Give Me A Texan. I
Judith
Four novellas that highlight a single town in Texas--Kasota Springs--and their annual cowboy celebration which they called a "rodeo" for the first time. All the stories relate to the ranches that form the stable society and and around that town and the same prominent people walk through all the stories. However, each novella is built around a different relationship and all are so beautifully written. I don't normally like anthologies, but this book had the sense of a continuing saga rather than ...more
Debbie Turner
I really liked the book. It was another one of those books that has 4 stories by 4 different authors. I liked the book by Jodi Thomas the best but the other writers did a pretty good job. They all wrote their stories about this little town in Texas, Kasota Springs and it was in the late 1800's in the old west.
SheLove2Read
The first story in this western anthology was by Jodi Thomas and was "sweet". It had a somewhat implausible storyline and the ending was a bit over the top.

In reading the 2nd story, I realized all the short stories in this anthology are related, which didn't lend itself well to me given the first story. Then the 2nd story turns out to be a "secret baby" plot and I have lost all interest. Given that I have never even heard of any of these authors other than Jodi Thomas, I'm going to DNF this book
Samia Ruponti
I loved "Silent Partner"! others were okay, nothing special.
Susie Brooks
Give me a Cowboy is a compilation of short stories covering the same event. Each story is written by a different author. It was interesting to see the different points of view and different writing styles as well as each authors treatment of different characters. In general I thought it was well done. I very much liked Linda Broday's and Jodi Thomas' shorts.
Lorraine Lesar
This book contains four western romance love stories. The first book by Jodi Thomas was excellent and I will add her to my list. Personally, I didn't like the other three as these were "run of the mill" type love stories - been their and got the tee shirt! Suggest that you try your local library rather than pay out for this.
Amy
I was really hoping for contemporary western romance to the tune of Diana Palmer, but no, this is a historical anthology made up of four stories by Jodi Thomas, Dewanna Pace, Linda Broday and Phyliss Miranda. While all the stories were good, I liked Phyliss Miranda's "Roping the Wind" the best.
Carrie Felton
I love cowboy stories! It was interesting the way that all of the stories connected over the same event, even going so far as to mention characters from other stories and commenting on them. I liked it...
Kassie
Not the best for Jodi Thomas, and didn't enjoy the other authors as much
as Thomas.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
I will buy anything by Jodi Thomas. Her novella is the best of the four in the book.
Christel
3.5 actually first 2 stories were really good the other 2 were Meh!
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Lettetia
Lettetia marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Dawn Golias
Dawn Golias marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Roxie Klinksiek
Roxie Klinksiek marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Nancy Luebke
Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Karen
Karen is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
  • Mail-Order Marriages: Rocky Mountain Wedding\Married in Missouri\Her Alaskan Groom (Alaska, #3)
  • A Bride for a Bit
  • My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
  • The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
  • Lords of Desire
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • California Brides
  • Once Upon a Knight (Knights, #5)
  • The Gift of Family: Merry Christmas, Cowboy\Smoky Mountain Christmas
  • The Brides of Chance Collection
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Dark Stranger (Slater Brothers, #1)
  • Cowboy Lust: Erotic Romance for Women
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • The Barefoot Bride
  • Sean (The Cowboys, #5)
  • Hot and Bothered (4-in-1)
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...
The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) Welcome to Harmony (Harmony #1) When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3) Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)