Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02

Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02 (Fullmoon o Sagashite #2)

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  3,675 ratings  ·  37 reviews
A spark of hope ignites into a blaze in 12-year-old Mitsuki Koyama's life when a comical pair of magical beings appears to prove to her that dreams really do come true.
Published August 23rd 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 15th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 02

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
49th out of 569 books — 1,175 voters
The Mark of Athena by Rick RiordanDivergent by Veronica RothThe Sea of Monsters by Rick RiordanCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareThe Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
My #1 favorite books EVER!!
51st out of 119 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Sesana
I love this series. There's a good bit of character development going on here, especially with the rival. And so pretty. The unrelated bonus story was ok, but it didn't quite live up to the main story. But at least it was just as pretty.
Eden
Mitsuki is doing well as a singer, along with the help of two harbringers of death. Her music is doing well and she still hopes to find her friend, who she loves very much.

I loved the first volume of this. Thought it was so good. This volume is not bad, but I didn't like it quite as much as the first one. This took a little bit to get into, but once I finally did get into it, I enjoyed it very much.

I really like Mitsuki. I think she is a really sweet character and I liked that she explained more...more
Natalie
Although the romance is cute, there's nothing that spectacular about this series. We have the main character Mitsuki who has a passion to become a singer but has a tumor in her throat that requires surgery but it might damage her vocal cords. So she runs away and meets to angles of death that they assist her in becoming a world famous singer.

You got your drama, funny moments with the likable characters, romance, and all the other stuff you'd expect from a shojo manga.

Takuto, Meroko, and Izumi...more
Timothy
Volume 2 consists of chapters 6 through 9, plus a standalone bonus story called "Gin-yu Meika".

Overall, volume 2 is definitely an improvement over volume 1, as it feels as if the author is finally getting a handle over the story. Where as volume 1 felt very sporadic in story (as if there were no long term plans), volume 2 starts to flesh out the characters and what possibly might be the true story of the series. As usual, things get a bit sappy and cheesy, but this comes with the territory of sh...more
Jennette
Loved this series!!! I love all of the manga this author writes and draws!!!
Jenni Noordhoek
Still good. Second read reveals plot hole concerning the relationship between Takuto and Mitsuki (and the age difference that is probably about 10 years) but hey this is in a manga where the 12yo turns into a 16yo whenever she needs to for plot purposes and in his mind Takuto never lived past 16 so.... I deem it not squicky. Still a little odd but I think it works.
Kunori
The art is absolutely adorable! The heart warming scenes between Takuto and Mitsuki are just... So cute! And the way Meroko gets all gun-ho about it afterwards! Hahaha.

I definetaly reccomend anyone who hasn't read this before to read it. The tradegy, the drama and the love just makes you cry at some pages.
Louise
Again, very different and more fast paced than the anime, but just as good in my opinion! I also enjoyed the short comic at the end of the book which was about playing the piano and why we choose our hobbies. All in all a very good manga with very good art as well!
Jocelyne
August 2013: 5 Stars
Yet another cute volume (although there were parts that confused me)! Just one question: who's the guy at the end that makes Mitsuki gasp? Is it *the* Eichi??
I can't wait to read volume 3!
Amethyst
I'm pretty sure I read this one, but I don't think I was able to get passed it before I started reading other books and forgot to finish the amazing sags of Full Moon Cherryblossom (english translation)!!!:)
Jessica
This series is one of a kind Mitsuki's journey to find herself and live out her dream is touching and with some quirky characters to fill the pages I never felt like there was a dull moment
Haku Pawa
Jamas había tardado tanto en leer un manga u_u´, seguiré con los siguientes tomos para hacer un review más objetivo porque hasta ahora me parece demasiado predecible y cursi.
jenni  Ⓥ

A definite improvement from the last volume. I still don't love it, but I'm getting more interested in finding out how the story unfolds.
Reetta Saine
I still like the plot and characters, but *please* tell me why do they always add extra-stories??? At least this one sucked. Sorry.
ShinHyunRin 신현린
i love the art and i love the story. oh, i love the male character first, i should be. yes, i love takuto kira. end of review
Wezaharah
i love this book it has alot of things in it like love, action, adventurer and drama oh and comedy u'll love it ^_^
Lynn
Jul 25, 2008 Lynn added it
This volume was good. Loved the illustrations, as usual. It's deeper into the story... (duh-duh-dum!)
Jessica Moniz
The story at the end, with Kanon and Akiyoshi was so sweet, and I can't wait to hear more!
Dani
This series is an okay series, sometimes I don't know what exactly is going on but whatever.
Annchan Maulana
The Story is just like another Romantic Manga + Action. Its not bad, it just ordinary story
Mackenzie Lee
I like this volume because I think it has a lot of drama in it and it is very funny
Ashley Reider
the songs in the anime are done so well. loved it! beautiful art and story.
Julie
This series is getting a bit darker, but it's still really entertaining.
Steph
Oct 05, 2008 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Arina Tanemura fans
Shelves: manga
Loved the art and it's such an interesting storyline. Izumi is adorable!
Jodi
Dec 08, 2007 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: manga
It was so pretty see earlier review of series for more details.
Jess
Jul 19, 2010 Jess rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It was your typical manga. Not bad, but not amazing.
Amy
Aug 20, 2009 Amy added it
Full Moon Sagashite vol. 2 by Arina Tanemura (2005)
Beth
I love the Full Moon Series, Need to read more of them~
Yaoyao
It's SOOOOOO funny! I love Mitsuki!
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 3 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #9)
  • Shugo Chara!, Vol. 4: Character Swap! (Shugo Chara!, #4)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 06 (Kitchen Princess, #6)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 07: The Lost Word
  • Ultra Maniac, Vol. 05
  • Kamichama Karin, Vol. 02
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 04 (MeruPuri, #4)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one...more
More about Arina Tanemura...
Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 01 Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Vol. 01 The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 02 Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 06