Start by marking “Erma Bombeck: Life in Hu” as Want to Read:
Erma Bombeck: Life in Hu

Erma Bombeck: Life in Hu

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A housewife turned beloved, nationally known humorist, Erma Bombeck first began focusing a wry critical eye on the American family back when June Cleaver, not Roseanne, was the accepted model for middle-class motherhood. For more than three decades, she charmed a nation with her sassy irreverence for long-held traditions, tempered by a delightful good humor...and, always d ...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Avon (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Erma Bombeck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Erma Bombeck

Lauren
Not particularly well-written, but it was interesting to read. I like knowing facts about her background and the contexts of her books. Now I think I'll read one of her actual books for my dose of Erma.
Wendy Thompson
A biography of Erma. Read her other books if you want her humor.
Marilyn
I think I've read all of Erma Bombeck's books at one time or another. This book brought it all together. For instance, I didn't know that Phil Donahue and she were once neighbors. This book also reiterated for me the fact that true writers can't be stopped. Erma wrote from her earliest years as a child to almost the day she died. What a great guy Bill is too!
Jenny
This book is interesting, but I think I would read some of her books first before reading her biography. I am a sucker for biographies, especially the ones on A&E. Good thing we don't have cable!
Herb
A really interesting and lovely account of one of our greatest humorists. I went away from this book thinking that I would have liked this lady personally. The author did a very fine job.
Sue T
A interesting, if somewhat superficial, look a the life of one of my all-time favorite writers.
Jackie Simons
Read 3/97
Danielle Westmoreland
Danielle Westmoreland marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Ellen Gray
Ellen Gray marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Shweta Nigam
Shweta Nigam marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Riley
Riley marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Angela Green
Angela Green marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Stacy Stevenson
Stacy Stevenson marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Miriam Morales
Miriam Morales marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2014
Liz Husson
Liz Husson marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Terri Coats-hamoud
Terri Coats-hamoud marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Antara Ray
Antara Ray marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2013
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Neurological Physiotherapy White House Kids Your Perfect Life - How to Use the Law of Attraction to Get the Life You Deserve Fluent Aphasia When Men Believe in Love: A Book about Men Who Love Women and the Women They Love