Start by marking “Believing the Dream (Return to Red River, #2)” as Want to Read:
Believing the Dream (Return to Red River, #2)

Believing the Dream (Return to Red River #2)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  582 ratings  ·  13 reviews
For as far back as he can remember, the dream of becoming a writer has burned brightly in Thorliff's heart. But when he arrives at college, things are not as he had imagined. Thorliff longs for the familiarity and nurture of his loved ones back home. The distance has created a rift between Thorliff and his childhood sweetheart. The only bright spot in his life is his job a ...more
Published December 2nd 2005 by Bethany House Publishers (first published July 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Believing the Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Believing the Dream

Until That Distant Day by Jill StenglThorn in My Heart by Liz Curtis HiggsA Love of Her Own by Maggie BrendanA Promise for Ellie by Lauraine SnellingSecret Place of Thunder by Lynn Morris
Great Christian Romances
48th out of 100 books — 6 voters
Leaper by Geoffrey  WoodThe God Cookie by Geoffrey  WoodThe Jewel Trilogy by Hallee BridgemanGreater Than Rubies by Hallee BridgemanSapphire Ice by Hallee Bridgeman
Best Christian Fiction Novel
161st out of 223 books — 86 voters

More lists with this book...

Rosalie Bennett
I have enjoyed following the Bjorklund family

This book is very entertaining and loved seeing Thorliff Bjorklund growing into a wonderful, thoughtful young man. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book.
Pegg
This is the second book in the Return to Red River series. It picks up where the first book leaves off and sets up the third book. This series has a totally different feel than the original Red River of the North series. It reads more like a soap opera, with all the angst and personal emotional turmoil of that type of story. It lacks the gritty, deeper human struggle, the epic feel of the original series.

The characters are well developed and interesting. The history and setting are well done. T
Ronni Parks
This story gets better with every book in the series. (honestly it's more like. with every word). I have enjoyed this and The Red River of the North series (especially since the two are really just one huge series) more than any I've ever read.
Crazyreadingma
Mar 24, 2011 Crazyreadingma rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes this era
I was happy that Thorliff was living his Dream and that Elizabeth was also going with her love of
medicine, can't help but hope these two get together. Also feeling for Thorliff in his homesickness
of being away from his home. The history of the first Women Doctors and their struggle is refreshing
to read about. I find myself longing to read how things are going for the family back in Blessing
while Thorliff is away and then anxious to get back the progress of Elizabeth and her career.
The best part
Esther
This one kept my interest for most of the book. It is part of a series, a story about an Amish family who settled in America. After many hardships, in previous books, this book continues the story of the next generation. A son, who dreams of going to college to become a writer, and another girl from another family who wants to become a doctor. An enjoyable read.
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Very interesting but ending seemed a little up in the air.
Rebecca Cordova
Thorliff Bjorkland wants to write. It is his hearts desire.
His father has other desires for Thorliff. Then, there is responsibility and duty to family. Which will he choose? To follow his heart or to please his father?
Cathy
A; Thorliff attends his first year of college; love the strong character of Elizabeth. I know the outcome of their relationship but it's fun watching it grow over several installments.
Jenn
For a second book in a trilogy, I was expecting some slow going, but NO SIR! NOT HERE! LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!! Another great installment in the Bjorkland saga!
Dani
This "Return to Red River" story arc has renewed my interest in the characters of Blessing, North Dakota. I can't wait to read the next book.
Connie
Enjoying the continuation of Return to Red River Series.
Talena
I really like these books!
Mackenzie
Book 2 0f 3
Tom
Tom is currently reading it
Jan 22, 2015
Hazel Moyer
Hazel Moyer marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Irene Beachy
Irene Beachy marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Julie_b
Julie_b marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
Brynn
Brynn marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2015
  • Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6)
  • Rivers of Gold (Yukon Quest, #3)
  • A Searching Heart (A Prairie Legacy, #2)
  • Promised to Me (Coming to America #4)
  • Torrent Falls (Troublesome Creek, #3)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
Lauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over seventy books, with sales of more than 2 million copies.

She also writes for a wide range of magazines, and helps others reach their writing dreams by teaching at writers’ conferences across the country.

Lauraine and her husband, Wayne, have two grown sons, and live in the Tehachapi Mountains with a watchdog Basset named Winston.

They love to tra
More about Lauraine Snelling...

Return to Red River (3 books)
  • A Dream to Follow (Return to Red River, #1)
  • More Than a Dream (Return to Red River, #3)
Ruby (Dakotah Treasures, #1) Pearl (Dakotah Treasures, #2) An Untamed Land (Red River of the North, #1) A Promise for Ellie (Daughters of Blessing, #1) Opal (Dakotah Treasures, #3)