How Do I Love You?

How Do I Love You?

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From little muddy feet to chocolate cheeks to favorite silly dances, there are many reasons to love -- and there are even more ways to express love.

Celebrate the bond between parents and children in this sweet and playful counting book that will have you loving upside down, right side up, and every way in between.
Published December 13th 2005 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published December 1st 2005)

African Safari with Ted and Raymond by Rhonda PattonWhere the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussThe Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Best Childhood Picture Books
221st out of 273 books — 257 voters
Becoming Attached by Robert KarenThe Lover by Marguerite DurasLove by Leo BuscagliaLove at Goon Park by Deborah BlumLabor of Love by Thomas Beatie
Love - Title
52nd out of 100 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Sarah Adamson
Have it two stars because it was a bit basic for my 4 year old. We chose it as a Valentines day book. It shows a mom and baby alligator counting up to 20 ways that they love each other and then stating that of course they love up to the biggest number ever plus one. Sweet and fun - better for preschoolers.
Teacher.
A sweet counting book, great for preschoolers! Here are the things I liked about it:

1. The book is bright and colorful.
2. The counting goes up to 20. Perfect for pre-schoolers.
3. While the book clearly portrays a bond between child and 'parent', it is generic enough to be suitable for any loving caregiver. Father, Mother, Aunt, Sister, grandfather, all could be portrayed as a caregiver in this story. That is a real strength for those who are seeking a book that reflects their own family.
4. The w...more
Lyndsey Miller
I like the idea of what the book is trying to say I just don't think it does it well. Counting is okay, but if there are no objects to count it will be harder for little ones to understand what's going on.
Vilo
A fun and sweet counting book that goes all the way to 20. It has digits and numbers spelled out.
Ashley Fischer
This book uses borders to separate the different ways the father loves his son on one single page. The borders help the reader visually move through the page and look at the pictures in order on the double-page spread. The illustrator shows great texture to feel the roughness of the alligator or the look of water or leaves. The texture is pulled in to show sand, snow and water. The illustrator also uses line and direction to move the reader through the picture. The illustrator uses line for moti...more
Jenny
Jun 10, 2008 Jenny rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: parents and children
Shelves: picture-books
I really liked this book. The pictures are darling and the story is fun. Especially the "squishy squashy" part, we used to call my son "Squish" and my little brother "Squash". This book helps children learn about numbers, as well as the endless love of a parent. That was especially touching for me, considering my two sweet sons.
Libby
What can I say, counting books are near and dear to my mathematical heart, and this one especially because of the secret introduction to infinity or the concept of n+1. (most normal people probably wouldn't notice this...) The words are fun- rhyming, and the pictures too. My 22-mo-old son likes this one too.
Christina Robbins
This is a great book to read to a child who has separation anxiety. The book includes counting 1 to 20. I also enjoyed how the mother would make up different things about how much she loved about her child. The book also included the sequencing of the seasons and the days of the week.
Cheryl Kays
This is a story about a mama crocodile and her baby. In this story, the mama counts the baby's fingers and toes and counts the ways she loves him. This is a sweet family book that incorporates math for primary students.
Jill
I loved reading this book with my children. Expresses a mother's love for her children completely and is a great way to teach children to count to 20 as well. Recommend to all little ones and their mothers.
Taylor Johnson
I enjoyed this book and children will have fun reading this. The illustrations were okay and it would be a great book for parent to read to their children.
Aprils
I liked the sweet message, and I would read it to children aged 0-3. The only problem was that the reptiles' eyes were a little scary-looking.
Edna
Fun bright large illustrations filling both pages with parent crocodile counting up to 20 the ways she loves little crocodile.
Madison
Book I would read to my own children of preschoolers. Good book for counting while engaging the children in the book.
Alissa
A simple counting book where an alligator mother tells her baby all the ways she loves him.
Kim
Caleb loves the bright colors and I love how sweet it is. Win-win!
Pauline
FUN counting book to read aloud!
Faty.
Faty. marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Ncimontessori Library
Ncimontessori Library is currently reading it
Feb 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly added it
Feb 11, 2014
Trisha
Trisha added it
Nov 29, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Little Red Hen and the Passover Matzah Everybody Bonjours! The Three Bully Goats Mind Your Manners, Alice Roosevelt! The Runaway Latkes