Start by marking “Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  61,923 ratings  ·  2,610 reviews
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a s ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 236 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 2007)

City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
60th out of 20,310 books — 54,396 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
5th out of 421 books — 1,358 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie Riggsby
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on August 20, 2011*

I love discovering a series that has a number of books out already. But the problem? Well, I seem to be devouring them in one sitting. I tried to slow down my reading of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, but I couldn’t seem to stop turning pages. For starters, I wanted to know what Cammie’s mother was hiding and what was that new construction in the school all about?

Then in a countersurveillance exercise with the always fun-to-read Mr. Solomon, I
Rachael
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. It is just as cute and well-written as the first book.

It's a new semester at Cammie's spy school. But getting through the next part of her Covert Operations class isn't her only challenge; the school is also keeping a secret from its students, a secret called Blackthorne. Soon, it's up to Cammie and her genius friends to save the school.

In my opinion, some parts of this story are predictable, but the storyl
Leanna
Sue (YAHollywood)
Rating: 3.8 stars

One thing you should know about me is I have a short attention span. I can't never get anything done without chirping a couple of nonsensical chores between my reading.

I was so surprised to find myself finishing this book in one day, eventhough it's really short, but still my effort deserved to be applauded.

Verdict: I'm not in loving with this series yet, but it is promising.
Pahilario22
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, the witty and adventurous "Cameron Ann Morgan" herself.
This novel took alot from the first book and placed an even harder and challenging mission in this story.
Cammie and her three friends, along with the 96 more girls at the academy, find theirselves in an even tougher and awkward situation than when Cammie first met Josh; and this time, this situation refers to all Gallagher
Georgia
Lola
I'm a Totally Spies fan forever and ever so of course I LOVED this book!

The first book was incredible, but the second one is just excellent, utterly amazing! There's action, romance, humour and mystery so, seriously, how can someone not like this book? I'm really happy that Josh is out of the picture (yeah, I didn't like him a lot), well kind of, because I appreciate Zack much more and I hope I'm gonna see more of him in the next books. So, if you didn't read this one, well... read it now! ;)

Eri
re-read on 1/18/15

Reading this brought back all of the memories of why I love this series so much. Why despite having read this for the first time four years ago, I still push it up to the top of my favorite books list all the time.

This book is my comfort food, and without fail, it always make me smile and swoon and laugh and a tad sad at times.

Cammie is one of my favorite girls ever, perhaps because of her endearing awkwardness, something I relate to quite well, and her honestly entertaining
Monkey of Doom
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you ...more
Rebecca T
These books are seriously so much fun. Sure they might be kind of predictable, but the characters are amazing and the storyline is fantastic. This is the epitome of a feel good series. I can’t wait to read them all.
H
I thought this was really good, regardless of the slim plot. I liked the characters a lot, especially the new ones, and I wish the third book was coming out tomorrow instead of in June. Sigh. But I laughed almost the whole time, especially about some of the situations and things Cammie finds herself in. I hope Zach's in the next book a lot, because I feel like Carter raised a lot of questions about him but then didn't answer any of them (well, except if he liked Cammie or not).
Faye
I was a little surprised by how it was better than I expected, since I didn't really like Cross My Hear and Hope to Spy's prequel, which I forgot the title of.

The main thing that I like much better is that Cammie is a little more grown up. She still is a little naive, but instead of finding her annoying, I find her endearing now. It would make sense too, since she did something really bad before, and she's also a little older.

There still are all the cute things, and I really liked the spying e
Bry
This was a super easy read (finished in just a couple of hours) and it was cuter than the first. Cammie still goes completely stupid in the male presence despite given to opportunity to overcome this.

In the first book only Cammie is really characterized and sadly that is the same in this book. You really see Cam grow and learn but the rest of the secondary characters are still cliched and two dimensional which is sad because I see some real potential for breakout characters in both Bex and Mace
Rachel
"Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy" is the sequel to the spy novel "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You." Cammie Morgan is back at school after her uneventful winter break, which consisted of her trying to get over Josh. Once Cammie thinks that everything has calmed down since the events that took place in the first semester, Gallagher Academy is once again hyped up for another reason: Gallagher Academy is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys, Blackthorne Academ ...more
Marianne
Before I start, I have to start by saying something extremely vital to my review: JOSH WHO?

Agter reading this book, I am infinitesimaly glad that Cammie isn't with Josh. First of all, I've never ever related to him. I didn't like him as a character. I've always found him to be just a distraction to Cammie. I'm glad I didn't need to hear much from him here.

Anyways, this book was great, even better than the first one. I found myself passing the pages faster, because I wanted to discover all the se
Almera
actual rating: 4.5 stars

fUCKING ZACHARY GOODE

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME ERI

THAT FUCKING SMOOTH MOTHERFUCKER I HATE HIM
Heidi
A fun sequel to the first book, and just as light and chick-lit, too. I liked the element of the boys coming to stay at the school. I was a little disappointed that early on I had guessed correctly about was going on because it took away some of the excitement for me. However, Carter did a decent job in the what's-going-on aspect as I still found myself second-guessing my original guess.

Honestly, I never liked Zach. He's not Josh. I liked Josh. I prefer Josh. My favorite scenes were the ones wi
Silvana R
THIS WAS SO CUTE. I AM READY FOR BOOK THREE

----

Ok. I got to thank Eri for getting super excited to finish this series. I'm actually very grateful to her because this series rocks like mac n' cheese. I'm so very deeply in love with all the characters and the plot lines in each book.

Cammie is so cool. I actually like her more than the first one. I don't know, the way she thrives at things, and her being a super amazing spy, makes me love her even more. Her relationship with her other three "halfs
Gabi Jesus
AHHHHHHHHHHH
ZACHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHH
MY LOVEEE

Well this book was WAYY better than the first one, dont even start.
the characters, holy HELL, the way that Cammie isnt annoying anymore, yay, the way that Josh was left behind and no one gives a shit about him anymore *thank god*, the way that she wants to know more about what happened with dad.

And than there's the awesome part. Her friends have boys that are the same as them. and its so cuteee I died..

Very cool, Carter, good book, Im excited to s
Emily Munro
At a private school full of spies, teenaged girl spies, running into cute boys isn’t something that happens often. Cammie Morgan, daughter of the headmistress at Gallagher Academy of Exceptional Young Women, had a reputation of sneaking out of school grounds. When out of the blue, boys show up at the school and odd things start to happen, dangerous thing start to happen. When Cammie is blamed for a serious crime against the school because of her past rep, Cammie and her friends start to dig deep ...more
Kyla
I love spy stuff. And she makes me want to become a Gallagher Girl so bad. I will always love Zach with all my heart he is top spy man ever! I love how she ends her books! Always at the end of the school year. Where the possibilities are endless. Liz and Bec are the best characters as well as best friends for Cammie. Oh and Macey too they are a mix of a kind such different personalitys yet they work together so well! I wish her books were longer! I finished this one fast. It's been awhile that I ...more
Devon
THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN.
I WANT MORE.
GIVE ME MORE ZACH AND CAMMIE AND THE REST OF THE GANG.
review to come when i get back from pretending i'm a spy.
4.75/5
Rita Carvalho
These books are absolutely awesome! I love the world the author created, it's so interesting.

About the "love triangle": I kind of feel sad for Josh, it's obvious he still has feelings for Cammie and she isn't over him already. Then there's Zach. I have mixed feelings for him. Sometimes he is really sweet and cool, but then it looks like he's keeping a lot of secrets and playing with Cammie.

Well, I'm really anxious to read the next book.
Lisa
Reread: Jan 17, 2015

Dear Zachary Goode,
hiiloveyoubye

xoxo, Me.

First read: Feb 2013 (3 stars)

Again, a long time to finish this one because I had to wrestle with priorities. Again, not pleasant.

Anyhow, I like being in the head of a teenage spy-in-training. I swear Ally Carter must be a spy herself too.

A fun read.

Megan
In this second book of Ally Carter's spy series, we see boys (gasp!) at the Gallagher Academy. Cute, fluffy and entertaining. I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I am liking this series. The audio book is only a couple of hours, and it is a great escape from regular life and books :)
Kylie
This is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You.
Iffath
Nov 17, 2010 Iffath added it
I literally starting reading this book after posting the review for I'd Tell You I Love You on Friday (this should've gone up Saturday, but I felt to overwhelmed. All I can say is, HOW CAN I HAVE LIVED WITHOUT THE GALLAGHER GIRLS FOR 3 YEARS??! THREE YEARS PEOPLE?!!WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE OH THE WONDER THAT IS ALLY CARTER?
^^I may be overreacting. Slightly. But still.

The story begins when Cammie returns from winter break and is off for an interrogation at the top-secret CIA headquarters.
Sarah (TotalTeenFiction)
Review also posted here on TotalTeenFiction.

I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and this book picks up not long after. Cammie has been summoned to the CIA and is under scrutiny for her actions with Josh last term. On top of that, something mysterious is happening at Gallagher Academy and Cammie and her friends try their best to get to the bottom of it.

There's a bit of recapping at the beginning of the book which I liked, and straight away I fell in love with Cammie's narration of th
LadyTechie
This was a great Sunday read. It continued the story of Cammie and her roommates at the Gallagher Academy. This time there are a ton of secrets being held by the staff, including Cammie's mom. But, she made a promise to her mom, who also happens to be the headmistress of the school. Those promises were seriously tested and it all ties in to the results of I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You.

There are some serious surprises for the girls and they are going to be tested, especia
Lisa
Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

After the upsetting ending of the first book, Cammie faces the consequences of her actions and tries to move on with her life, confused about her feelings for Josh. Does her ex-boyfriend remember what happened last semester? Does he want to be with her again? Will she forget about him? The start of a new school year marks the reunion of four close friends, leaving us wondering what complications they will run into next. Another blindingly exciting
Dream Cast if GG series became a movie 69 267 Oct 28, 2014 06:58PM
zach or josh? 212 368 Aug 24, 2014 12:56PM
Ditch,Kiss,Date??? 16 118 Jul 27, 2014 06:28AM
hope 2 8 Jun 26, 2014 01:16PM
If you are a Fang...: When did you start to like Zach? 1 8 Apr 17, 2014 02:30PM
WHAT DOES ZACH MEAN??? 11 82 Apr 14, 2014 02:43PM
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • Down to the Wire (The Specialists, #2)
  • Death by Latte (Death By Mysteries, #2)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Family Affairs (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #3)
  • Also Known As (Also Known As, #1)
  • It's a Mall World After All
  • Runaway (Airhead, #3)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods, #1)
  • The Off Season (Dairy Queen, #2)
  • Frogs & French Kisses (Magic in Manhattan, #2)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. She grew up on a farm in Oklahoma, and has never caused an international incident (t
More about Ally Carter...

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3) Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4) Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)

“Most little girls in England grow up wanting to marry
a prince. Bex grew up wanting to kick James Bond's butt and assume his double-0 ranking.”
648 likes
“You really saw some?" Liz said an hour later. Sure, we had the stereo blaring and the shower running, but Liz still whispered, "They really...exist?"
"Liz," I whispered back, "they're not unicorns."
"No," Bex said flatly, "they're boys. And they're...good.”
612 likes