Start by marking “Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2)

4.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  67,909 Ratings  ·  2,818 Reviews
Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a s ...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 236 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, please sign up.

Dreamingintherain Yes, definitely. Just make sure you read the first book before hand.
Cairn I did, there is no language or inappropriate things. I would read it.
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
64th out of 23,375 books — 59,834 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterHeist Society by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
Best YA Spy/Mystery Novels
3rd out of 476 books — 1,303 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophie Riggsby
Mar 13, 2012 Sophie Riggsby rated it it was amazing
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on August 20, 2011*

I love discovering a series that has a number of books out already. But the problem? Well, I seem to be devouring them in one sitting. I tried to slow down my reading of Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy, but I couldn’t seem to stop turning pages. For starters, I wanted to know what Cammie’s mother was hiding and what was that new construction in the school all about?

Then in a countersurveillance exercise with the always fun-to-read Mr. Solomon, I
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
REREAD: July 26, 2015

It will never be the same. I'm bumping up the rating to 4 stars.

Initial read: January 21, 2015

Rating: 3.8 stars

One thing you should know about me is, I have a short attention span. I can't never get anything done without chirping a couple of nonsensical chores between my reading.

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself finishing Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy in one day. Its genuinely short, but still my effort deserved to be applauded.

Verdict: I'm not in love with this ser
Leanna
Feb 04, 2008 Leanna rated it liked it
Rachael
Apr 29, 2008 Rachael rated it it was amazing
Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy is the second book in Ally Carter's Gallagher Girl series. It is just as cute and well-written as the first book.

It's a new semester at Cammie's spy school. But getting through the next part of her Covert Operations class isn't her only challenge; the school is also keeping a secret from its students, a secret called Blackthorne. Soon, it's up to Cammie and her genius friends to save the school.

In my opinion, some parts of this story are predictable, but the storyl
Eri (Airy Reads)
re-read on 1/18/15

You can also read this review and others on my blog.

Reading this brought back all of the memories of why I love this series so much. Why despite having read this for the first time five years ago, I still push it up to the top of my favorite books list all the time.

This book is my comfort food, and without fail, it always make me smile and swoon and laugh and a tad sad at times.

Cammie is one of my favorite girls ever, perhaps because of her endearing awkwardness, something I
Lola  Reviewer
I'm a Totally Spies fan forever and ever so of course I LOVED this book!

The first book was incredible, but the second one is just excellent, utterly amazing! There's action, romance, humour and mystery so, seriously, how can someone not like this book? I'm really happy that Josh is out of the picture (yeah, I didn't like him a lot), well kind of, because I appreciate Zack much more and I hope I'm gonna see more of him in the next books. So, if you didn't read this one, well... read it now! ;)

Siiri (Little Pieces of Imagination)
asdfghjkl; these books are so fun! I can't stop grinning and while this didn't get any tears out of me, I enjoyed it a lot! especially the parts where a certain boy was involved (‿) I'm in such a reading groove with this series that I don't have that much time to update here while continuously laughing and turning the pages as soon as possible, but I'm already [almost] halfway done with book 3 and it's really good, too! ...more
Marina
Feb 28, 2016 Marina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
The second installment of The Gallagher Girls is much better than the predecessor. There was much more spying, secrets, twists, and intrigue in this book. My disappointment from the first book has been mollified.

First of, the girls: Cammie, Bex, Liz, and Macey are all great. I wish the books were a little longer, so we'd get to explore their relationships and personalities more, but I'm just happy there are so many great girls working together.

The boys: Meh. Zach was okay, I guess, but I'm not
Pahilario22
Apr 28, 2009 Pahilario22 rated it it was amazing
Cross My Heart and Hope To Spy is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter, the witty and adventurous "Cameron Ann Morgan" herself.
This novel took alot from the first book and placed an even harder and challenging mission in this story.
Cammie and her three friends, along with the 96 more girls at the academy, find theirselves in an even tougher and awkward situation than when Cammie first met Josh; and this time, this situation refers to all Gallagher
Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
Hmmm. Much better than the first, but some parts felt lacking. I would have to reread the action scenes to try to understand what was going on, but still felt lost at some points. No cussing like the first book (there was a 'freaking', though), but there was still a romance--just with a different guy. A kiss and an almost kiss, but not really any sexual hints. Many mentions of hotness and hotties. There is an accident with a strapless bra falling, that I found a bit humorous did to the fact I al ...more
Almera
actual rating: 4.5 stars

fUCKING ZACHARY GOODE

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME ERI

THAT FUCKING SMOOTH MOTHERFUCKER I HATE HIM
Rebecca T
Apr 19, 2015 Rebecca T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 115-in-2015
These books are seriously so much fun. Sure they might be kind of predictable, but the characters are amazing and the storyline is fantastic. This is the epitome of a feel good series. I can’t wait to read them all.
Marianne
Jan 16, 2013 Marianne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Before I start, I have to start by saying something extremely vital to my review: JOSH WHO?

Agter reading this book, I am infinitesimaly glad that Cammie isn't with Josh. First of all, I've never ever related to him. I didn't like him as a character. I've always found him to be just a distraction to Cammie. I'm glad I didn't need to hear much from him here.

Anyways, this book was great, even better than the first one. I found myself passing the pages faster, because I wanted to discover all the se
Mafi
Dec 01, 2015 Mafi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, pt, read-marathon, 2015
"Juro dizer a verdade, toda a verdade e nem sempre a verdade" já é bem melhor que o primeiro. Para já a autora introduziu outra escola de espiões, desta vez uma escola masculina e a rivalidade entre o colégio Gallagher e Blacktorne foi muito engraçada de acompanhar. Por tudo se passar dentro das paredes de um colégio interno, a série tem toda uma vibe de Harry Potter, apenas a diferença que aqui não há feitiçaria mas muitos mistérios, missões e explosões! É aqui também que entra o par amoroso da ...more
Monkey of Doom
Nov 29, 2007 Monkey of Doom rated it liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor, "I'd Tell You I Love You, but then I'd Have to Kill You". Cam went from being a cool spy girl who happened to be interested in a boy, to a confused teenage girl, who happened to be a spy. Most of the book was her trying to deal with Zach, another spy, and then not taking the route I wanted her to, which involved a good beating on Zach's part. My goodness, that guy was annoying! Kinda a non-exsistent plot. Basically just said,"we figured out that you ...more
H
Dec 12, 2008 H rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-favorites
I thought this was really good, regardless of the slim plot. I liked the characters a lot, especially the new ones, and I wish the third book was coming out tomorrow instead of in June. Sigh. But I laughed almost the whole time, especially about some of the situations and things Cammie finds herself in. I hope Zach's in the next book a lot, because I feel like Carter raised a lot of questions about him but then didn't answer any of them (well, except if he liked Cammie or not).
Faye
I was a little surprised by how it was better than I expected, since I didn't really like Cross My Hear and Hope to Spy's prequel, which I forgot the title of.

The main thing that I like much better is that Cammie is a little more grown up. She still is a little naive, but instead of finding her annoying, I find her endearing now. It would make sense too, since she did something really bad before, and she's also a little older.

There still are all the cute things, and I really liked the spying e
Georgia
Heidi
A fun sequel to the first book, and just as light and chick-lit, too. I liked the element of the boys coming to stay at the school. I was a little disappointed that early on I had guessed correctly about was going on because it took away some of the excitement for me. However, Carter did a decent job in the what's-going-on aspect as I still found myself second-guessing my original guess.

Honestly, I never liked Zach. He's not Josh. I liked Josh. I prefer Josh. My favorite scenes were the ones wi
Kyla Harris
Apr 04, 2016 Kyla Harris rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Girls 9-14
I love spy stuff. And she makes me want to become a Gallagher Girl so bad. I will always love Zach with all my heart he is top spy man ever! I love how she ends her books! Always at the end of the school year. Where the possibilities are endless. Liz and Bec are the best characters as well as best friends for Cammie. Oh and Macey too they are a mix of a kind such different personalitys yet they work together so well! I wish her books were longer! I finished this one fast. It's been awhile that I ...more
Silvana R
Jan 21, 2015 Silvana R rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS SO CUTE. I AM READY FOR BOOK THREE

----

Ok. I got to thank Eri for getting super excited to finish this series. I'm actually very grateful to her because this series rocks like mac n' cheese. I'm so very deeply in love with all the characters and the plot lines in each book.

Cammie is so cool. I actually like her more than the first one. I don't know, the way she thrives at things, and her being a super amazing spy, makes me love her even more. Her relationship with her other three "halfs
Annabelle
Oct 01, 2015 Annabelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Covert Operations Report
By Anna Sk (hereafter referred to as "The Operative")

Phase 2.

With the addition of Asset Zachary Goode, the Operative regained interest on the series and was highly anticipating the continuation of the mission with the combined strengths of Assets Morgan, Baxter, Sutton, McHenry and Goode. The same rather fluffy storyline is continued in this phase as well, though compared to the first mission, it is more enjoyable (mainly due to Asset Goode as stated above).

The Operative
Devon
Apr 06, 2015 Devon rated it really liked it
THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN.
I WANT MORE.
GIVE ME MORE ZACH AND CAMMIE AND THE REST OF THE GANG.
review to come when i get back from pretending i'm a spy.
4.75/5
Gabi Jesus
Jan 02, 2015 Gabi Jesus rated it it was amazing
AHHHHHHHHHHH
ZACHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHH
MY LOVEEE

Well this book was WAYY better than the first one, dont even start.
the characters, holy HELL, the way that Cammie isnt annoying anymore, yay, the way that Josh was left behind and no one gives a shit about him anymore *thank god*, the way that she wants to know more about what happened with dad.

And than there's the awesome part. Her friends have boys that are the same as them. and its so cuteee I died..

Very cool, Carter, good book, Im excited to s
Bry
Jul 20, 2010 Bry rated it liked it
This was a super easy read (finished in just a couple of hours) and it was cuter than the first. Cammie still goes completely stupid in the male presence despite given to opportunity to overcome this.

In the first book only Cammie is really characterized and sadly that is the same in this book. You really see Cam grow and learn but the rest of the secondary characters are still cliched and two dimensional which is sad because I see some real potential for breakout characters in both Bex and Mace
Rachel  (APCB Reviews)
"Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy" is the sequel to the spy novel "I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You." Cammie Morgan is back at school after her uneventful winter break, which consisted of her trying to get over Josh. Once Cammie thinks that everything has calmed down since the events that took place in the first semester, Gallagher Academy is once again hyped up for another reason: Gallagher Academy is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys, Blackthorne Academ ...more
Emily Munro
Mar 04, 2013 Emily Munro rated it it was amazing
At a private school full of spies, teenaged girl spies, running into cute boys isn’t something that happens often. Cammie Morgan, daughter of the headmistress at Gallagher Academy of Exceptional Young Women, had a reputation of sneaking out of school grounds. When out of the blue, boys show up at the school and odd things start to happen, dangerous thing start to happen. When Cammie is blamed for a serious crime against the school because of her past rep, Cammie and her friends start to dig deep ...more
Maggi
Sep 23, 2015 Maggi rated it it was amazing
probably more like 4,5
Rita Carvalho
Feb 08, 2015 Rita Carvalho rated it really liked it
These books are absolutely awesome! I love the world the author created, it's so interesting.

About the "love triangle": I kind of feel sad for Josh, it's obvious he still has feelings for Cammie and she isn't over him already. Then there's Zach. I have mixed feelings for him. Sometimes he is really sweet and cool, but then it looks like he's keeping a lot of secrets and playing with Cammie.

Well, I'm really anxious to read the next book.
Lisa
Reread: Jan 17, 2015

Dear Zachary Goode,
hiiloveyoubye

xoxo, Me.

First read: Feb 2013 (3 stars)

Again, a long time to finish this one because I had to wrestle with priorities. Again, not pleasant.

Anyhow, I like being in the head of a teenage spy-in-training. I swear Ally Carter must be a spy herself too.

A fun read.

• Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • The Winning Element (The Specialists, #3)
  • Death by Latte (Death By Mysteries, #2)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • It's a Mall World After All
  • Rich Girls (Confessions of a Teen Nanny, #2)
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • The Traitor in the Tunnel (The Agency, #3)
  • Oh. My. Gods. (Oh. My. Gods., #1)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • Code Name Cassandra (1-800-Where-R-You, #2)
  • Enthusiasm
  • Movers & Fakers (Alphas, #2)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Gallagher Girls (6 books)
  • I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1)
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover (Gallagher Girls, #3)
  • Only the Good Spy Young (Gallagher Girls, #4)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • United We Spy (Gallagher Girls, #6)

“Most little girls in England grow up wanting to marry
a prince. Bex grew up wanting to kick James Bond's butt and assume his double-0 ranking.”
659 likes
“You really saw some?" Liz said an hour later. Sure, we had the stereo blaring and the shower running, but Liz still whispered, "They really...exist?"
"Liz," I whispered back, "they're not unicorns."
"No," Bex said flatly, "they're boys. And they're...good.”
604 likes