Start by marking “In the Stars” as Want to Read:
In the Stars

In the Stars

3.59  ·  Rating Details  ·  917 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
<Which do you follow: your head or your heart?

When Sylvie loses the diamond from her late mother's ring, her best friend, Cherise, insists it's a sign that love is about to enter Sylvie's life. Yeah, right. Sylvie doesn't believe in signs -- she only stargazes through her telescope. But she also knows Cherise won't drop it, so to humor her Sylvie agrees to date the next
Published August 21st 2007 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about In the Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Stars

The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
33rd out of 46 books — 270 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsDrive Me Crazy by Erin DowningA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanMajor Crush by Jennifer Echols
Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies
27th out of 39 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina
Jul 11, 2015 Gina rated it liked it
The last chick lit book I own, thank the flying spaghetti monster! I originally bought this for a college class in which we never read it, and I can see why. I knew what was going to happen every step of the way, but that didn't make it any less fun, like a low budget romantic comedy without the contrived misunderstanding in the middle. I'd pick it up if you just want something cute and easy.
Steph
Mar 17, 2014 Steph rated it did not like it
Sylvie loves the stars -- the scientific aspect of them, that is. Her best friend Cherise, on the other hand, loves the stars for their ability to predict the future. Sylvie has never put up with Cherise's predictions, but then Cherise predicts Sylvie will meet her true love. And then Adam comes into Sylvie's life, so maybe there's more to Cherise's predictions than once believed...

This book was entertaining at the beginning, but then towards the halfway mark I lost interest. There wasn't a lot
Abida Mim
Nov 21, 2015 Abida Mim rated it really liked it
Predictable and cute.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Julie M. Prince for TeensReadToo.com

All of Sylvie's stars are aligned, just the way she likes them. She has carefully mapped out her future, right down to her Yale scholarship and plans to become an astronomer, just like her late mother.

Is it any wonder she refuses to listen when her best friend, Cherise, tells her there's love in her near future? Love is too distracting, and Sylvie doesn't want any part of it. But, when handsome and seemingly perfect Adam enters the picture, Sylvie
Nian
Apr 12, 2009 Nian rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Adam made me want to gag. While everything, supposedly anyway, was perfect about him, every detail about him made me suspicious. His sincerity made me question his motives. His attachment to Sylvie made me wonder whether he was obsessive. His thoughtfulness made me think he had to be some serial killer in disguise. You get the picture. He was just too perfect that I expected his character to fall to pieces after the shocking unveiling of his true image. But. That didn’t happen. At the end, he wa ...more
Bailey Christopherson
I've read multiple Simon Romantic Comedies, but I'm not sure where this one would rank. First off, Adam was so... dull! HE was the shadow, not Tyler. Adam was just way to perfect and i was waiting for him to do something terrible! But it never happened. Tyler on the other hand was a little bit freaky! I don't understand how he had never spoken to Sylvie in his entire life! He's pretty mysterious though, so I would've given him a go! :) I absolutely LOVED Cherise (Sylvie's bff) she just makes my ...more
Kai Yi
Sep 04, 2009 Kai Yi rated it really liked it
Shelves: 11th-grade
This book In the Stars by Stacia Deutsh and Rhody Cohon, is a romance comedy about two best friends Cherise and Sylvie. Two friends but different views on stars or star readings. Cherise is a kind of girl that make predictions by looking at stars, Sylvie doesn't believe those things at all. And of course something happens that will change her mind, even though every book is kind of predictable now, there is still a twist here and there that will kind of shock you.
this book has that kind of twist
Thibiha
Feb 11, 2015 Thibiha rated it it was ok
Saleema Parker
Apr 17, 2008 Saleema Parker rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teen readers
Wendy
Jan 24, 2010 Wendy rated it really liked it
Sylvie love astronomy but she's isnt as obessesd as Cherise. Cherise's life practically depended on astronomy signs but Sylvie knows its not true, who believe in that stuff! But when Sylive looses the diamond from her mother's ring, a whirlpool hitted SYlvie. This is only the beginning of Sylive's love life. Now she has Cherise on her back 24/7 telling her whats about to hit her! Should Sylive start listening to Cherise's "superstitious theories"? or is Sylvie better off alone?
Angelina
Jun 14, 2014 Angelina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was great for what it was a simple teen romance clean and fun and quick.
Yanmei
Mar 06, 2008 Yanmei rated it liked it
Shelves: advisory
Sylvie is a straight A girl that wants to get into Yale because it was always what her mom wanted. However, in the few weeks before the prom, her friend told her that she will meet the guy of her dreams. none of them knew that it was not the new student, but her friends twin brother.
this book is kind of funny and a little informational on astrology. This talks about scientific things that i did not know but were kind of interesting.
Arianna
Jan 24, 2013 Arianna rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-romance
Bookworm1858
Sep 18, 2010 Bookworm1858 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-read
Another cute Simon Pulse romantic comedy! This time the plot deals with zodiac signs, something I find interesting albeit ludicrous-I have no belief that the stars can explain my personality, life, or future. Regardless, it was a cute framing device for the story which focuses on two best friends in addition their love lives.
Rachel
Oct 12, 2008 Rachel rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: people looking for a mediocre, light, summer read
This book was okay, but it definitely wasn't a great novel or anything. It was very predictable and kind of silly. It was a light read, and romantic comedy, so it could be a good summer read for the beach, but overall it wasn't a great book.
Siera
Oct 05, 2009 Siera rated it liked it
This was cute ... it was a little less predictable than I'm used to, so that was good. It was spunky, but I was anticipating the romantic twist from page one. Also ... well frankly, Sylvie bothered me just a bit. However, a good read overall.
Emma
Nov 24, 2008 Emma rated it really liked it
It's really funny because the two main characters and best friends are complete opposites. One is into the science of astronomy and one likes horoscopes, predictions and astrology.
Cynthia Khan
Sep 13, 2015 Cynthia Khan rated it really liked it
It's a good book to get you out of your reading slump. Even though it gets predictable in the end, it's still a good book, made me smile (:
Stacy
Jun 10, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it
Although this was a light romantic comedy, it was different enough to make it stand out. It was cute, funny, clever and enjoyable.
Jenny
Sep 18, 2011 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Savannah
Jun 10, 2011 Savannah rated it liked it
Hannah
Nov 15, 2010 Hannah rated it it was amazing
I really love this book.
Was my first real novel.
Great start to my reading of novels.
Smariebrown
Absolutely the best book ever!!! Extremely laugh out loud funny. literally
Marissa Thein
Jul 04, 2008 Marissa Thein rated it liked it
Shelves:
it is a very good book for people who love romance
Devin
May 08, 2009 Devin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teens who love romance and comedy.
Shelves: simon-pulse
Never let anyone how your life is sposed' to be!
Hpitcher
Jul 27, 2011 Hpitcher rated it liked it
good but fairly predictable.
Oliviatheblue
Jul 29, 2013 Oliviatheblue rated it liked it
Cute, light, summer read.
Rubina Aggarwal
  • Gettin' Lucky
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • Perfect Shot
  • Animal Attraction
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Love on Cue
  • She's Got the Beat
  • Dancing Queen
  • Getting to Third Date
  • South Beach Sizzle
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Scary Beautiful
  • Hard to Get
  • Cupidity
Stacia Deutsch is the author of more than a hundred children's books, both original and write for hire. She is the author of the eight book, award winning, chapter book series Blast to the Past. Her resume includes Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, The Boxcar Children, and Mean Ghouls from Scholastic. Stacia has also written junior movie tie in novels for summer blockbuster films, including BATMAN, TH ...more
More about Stacia Deutsch...