Start by marking “Fushigi Yugi, The Mysterious Play: Friend, Volume 8” as Want to Read:
Fushigi Yugi, The Mysterious Play: Friend, Volume 8

Fushigi Yugi, The Mysterious Play: Friend, Volume 8 (Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play #8)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  1,367 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 8, Friend
Published May 15th 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 26th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Fushigi Yugi, The Mysterious Play, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fushigi Yugi, The Mysterious Play

Sami C
The Suzaku seishi land in an island overrun by fierce women. In order to not get killed, they crossdress as women. Mitsukake is unconvincing and is captured while the rest are warmly welcomed. However, they find out that the captured men are enslaved, are used as seeders, and have their eyeballs gouged out. The gang narrowly escapes Soi thanks to Hotohori's sword, and the women thanks to Chichiri going Moses and the Red Sea on them.

They arrive at Hokkan finally and are taken in by a tribe. Their
Veronica Ika
Miaka and her Celestial warriors are on the journey to find the holy throne. However, since Yui has the same goal as well, her Celestial warriors try their best to stop Miaka and company.

Nuriko cuts his hair and begins to wear men's clothes. I like seeing him finally behaves like a real man. But... surely I still can continue seeing him on next books, can't I?
InfinitexLibrary
Nope, my feels. I see my character curse is still in full effect that whoever is my favourite inevitably dies.
Bradley
Ended a bit sad but still solid story. More Ebay fodder. =)
Jenn
This book was really good, but I thought it was sad. Nuriko was my favorite character and I wish he didn't have to die. I learned that sometimes, someone you really like- for their humor, or their personality, or for their physical characteristics- will be dying and still crack jokes to make you feel better.. It's a good thing, I think, to know they haven't given up.
Lindsey
Danyka
I watched and loved the Anime version of this since I was a kid. It also landed on my favorites.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Caroline
Very cute series about a girl transported into a magical world (like 50% of manga out there...). The cast of characters is really what makes this series.
Richard
I loved the anime but I am completely obsessed with the manga,I only wish I could find more of it
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 7 Juli 2002.
Stefanie Farrow
The ending made me sad. Got to read the next volume.
Kajsa
Kajsa added it
Jun 20, 2015
Tiffanie Dang
Tiffanie Dang marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
  • X/1999, Volume 02: Overture
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 3
  • InuYasha: Shards of Evil? (InuYasha, #20)
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...

Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 07: Castaway
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 09: Lover
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 10: Enemy
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 11: Veteran
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1) Ceres, Celestial Legend: Aya (Ceres, Celestial Legend #1) Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01