Start by marking “Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 09: Lover” as Want to Read:
Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 09: Lover

Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 09: Lover (Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play #9)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  1,192 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Series Description: Fushigi Yugi features a modern girl magically transported into an ancient Chinese epic fantasy. When they open an ancient Chinese book, best friends Miaka and Yui are transported to the bizarre and dangerous Universe of the Four Gods. In a world with no fast food and no friends, they must find the seven Celestial Warriors and tap the power they hold. At ...more
Published October 1st 2003 by VIZ Media LLC (first published April 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Fushigi Yûgi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fushigi Yûgi

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaBeauty Pop, Vol. 1 by Kiyoko AraiVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi Ohba
Awesome Manga
260th out of 343 books — 136 voters

More lists with this book...

Veronica Ika
Miaka and her seven Celestial Warriors are successful in finding the shentso-pao, only to know that there are more than one shentso-pao to be found for them be able to summon Suzaku.

I'm getting kind of angry and sad since one of the seven Celestial Warriors is dead after doing his best to get the shentso-pao, and the enemy steals it not long after that! He's my favorite Celestial Warriors after Hotohori, and I'm afraid the story will never as good as when he's still around.
Susan Emmet
I have met my match! I do not understand this type of graphic novel at all. Yu Watase is an accomplished artist, but I could not follow the story line - or even effectively "read" the columns on each page. I even read the book backwards by accident until halfway through.
The story is part of a long series and perhaps my understanding was hampered by being in the middle of the series. At any rate, a lush and mature middler-schooler, Miaka, becomes part of a book world, The Universe of the Four God
Bradley
Nakago is a fun villian. Ebay fodder for this one. =)
Sami C
The Suzaku seishi bury a fallen comrade and press on with their quest to obtain the Genbu shinzaho. They meet Hikitsu and Tomite, hundred-year-old ghosts who protect the shinzaho from the unworthy.

What follows is a string of bad luck involving a clam, the bedding technique, and Miaka running away multiple times and getting deeper into trouble.
Carrie
This book was where all the depressing stuff started to happen. It was almost hard to read... still, it was good. I love Chichiri and Chiriko. ^^ And, while I'm reviewing, I guess I should say that I love Amiboshi, too.
Danyka
I watched and loved the Anime version of this since I was a kid. It also landed on my favorites.

For now, I got no plans for buying a copy.
Caroline
Very cute series about a girl transported into a magical world (like 50% of manga out there...). The cast of characters is really what makes this series.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 6 Agustus 2002.
Mel
Mooooore drama
Sam
Sam added it
Aug 17, 2015
Candiebarr
Candiebarr is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2015
Colleen
Colleen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
  • Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow, Vol. 6 (Cardcaptor Sakura, #12)
  • InuYasha: A Warrior's Code (InuYasha, #10)
  • Kare Kano: His and Her Circumstances, Vol. 20
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena, Vol. 03: To Sprout
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...

Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 07: Castaway
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 08: Friend
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 10: Enemy
  • Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 11: Veteran
Absolute Boyfriend, Vol. 01 Fushigi Yûgi: The Mysterious Play, Vol. 01: Priestess Alice 19th, Vol. 1 (Alice 19th, #1) Ceres, Celestial Legend: Aya (Ceres, Celestial Legend #1) Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, Vol. 01