Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)

Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto #4)

4.42  ·  Rating Details ·  10,225 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
There comes a time in every ninja's training when he must put aside his morals and face the truth: ninjas are tools for killing. For Naruto, seeing Sasuke dead, that time is now. Rage awakens the nine-tailed fox spirit within Naruto, giving him the strength to overcome Haku—but can he bring himself to finish the job?

As the battle for the Land of the Waves comes to a tragic
Published August 3rd 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 4th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 04, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 04

Brad
Mar 27, 2013 Brad rated it it was amazing
Explosion of rage!

And then the story arc takes a truly dark and disturbing turn, turning what has begun as a half-joke ninja comic with a few serious moments into a desperate gamble with truly pathos-inducing moments.

Did I cry again? Yes, I'm afraid I did, and I cried at all the precisely planned-out moments, as if I was a puppet on a string.

Kishimoto lined them all up and knocked them all down perfectly. I cried at Haku's dream of being useful, no matter what the cost. I cried at his sacrifice
Susan
Jun 05, 2009 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: re-read, shonen_jump
Poor, pretty, crazy Haku. I feel sorry for him.

I'm not sure about this message though: You can be a murdering asshole with a seriously questionable relationship with a young child and all it takes to redeem yourself at the end is to kill someone who is even more of a scumbag than you are. That can't be right.
Diana
Mar 18, 2008 Diana rated it it was amazing
I absolutley love Haku.
You people who hate Naruto might think I'm stupid, but I cried at the scene where Haku died, and the part where he remembered his past. some may have forgotten Haku by now, but he will always remain in my heart.
Natalie
12 year old Naruto Uzumaki is an orphan with a nine-tailed demon fox sealed inside of him. Despite this, he's determined to become the strongest ninja in his village and earn the title of Hokage. Action scenes are good and interspersed with enough dialogue as to not get repetitive or boring. I like that the story focuses on a troubled main character -- not because a troubled main character is new, but because Naruto reacts like many kids do when they aren't given enough attention, and it's refre ...more
Angel c.
Sep 08, 2007 Angel c. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: some people
Shelves: manga

This book is a manga about the episode when naruto and sasuke fight haku(boy) may look like girl but its a boy. while sasuke and naruto fought haku kakashi had to deal with zabuza which is haku's partner. In this manga it was hard to fight haku because she was to fast and strong for naruto and sasuke but they still outsmarted him. Zabuza died because he got stabbed like 12 times on his back.
Mit
Dec 20, 2016 Mit rated it it was amazing
In this world of the shinobi there are only those who use, and those who are used. We shinobi are simply tools.
This was a line in this manga spoken by Zabuza and something which was rather true of what i had read so far in this manga. At first glance you see Zabuza as a heartless killer whose only interest is killing and earning money. He has no feelings for Haku, his apprentice who throws away his life to protect him. The story of Haku is really sad one but something which does not bring tears
Sharon
Oct 05, 2012 Sharon rated it really liked it
Man the end of the Zabuza/Haku arc always gets to me. It's hands down one of the most beautiful and tragic moments in the series for me but I love it anyway. Anyway, v. 4 leaves one arc and enters another. It is time for the chunin exams and things are really picking up in terms of character. All of my favorites are showing up. We have the sand nin, Gaara, Temari and Kankuro. Lee, Neji, Tenten and of course the Konoha 7 as always. I love Lee's introduction, being such a BAMF-- I love Lee in gene ...more
Aja: The Narcoleptic Ninja
The Haku and Zabuza arc is where the story takes a more serious turn and we get to see the main characters in action. The impressive aspect here is really the villains though. They aren't just token bad guys that you want to see killed. Haku and Zabuza stand out enough as characters to carry on through the rest of the series even though they were only around for a few books. They're likable even as enemies and they really help push the story forward.

I know why it's important, but the story with
Cory
Jun 09, 2013 Cory added it
Shelves: 12th
Naruto shows alot of courage at this fight on the bridge
Hamad
Aug 01, 2016 Hamad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-mangas
Ecstasy!!!! All these new characters look so good.. This exam is going to be awesome.. Can't stop reading this ! Gaara seems to be the best for now.
kim song ng
Jul 20, 2015 kim song ng rated it it was amazing
My obsession for this series is growing... Real fast
Ahmad Sharabiani
Devam, devam..
Rita
May 15, 2014 Rita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meus, manga
Começo a ficar interessada e a achar piada a isto. Acho que depois de ler o próximo vou comprar mais alguns volumes.
Antonio Pulcrano
Naruto is about a young ninja who wants to become lord hokage, but he’s always causing trouble, there's a secret about Naruto that he himself doesn't know. However, everyone else knows the secret about him, he's the nine tailed fox spirit that destroyed the village years ago. One day one of the master ninjas approached Naruto, and told him that there was a secret scroll in the lord hokage's house.The scroll had a secret art, but Naruto only was able to memorize one, the ninja who had Naruto stea ...more
Bernard Li
Apr 13, 2014 Bernard Li rated it it was amazing
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it liked it
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: I suspect that if you're reading this blog, you have some idea of who the fuck Naruto is, but in case you don't, here's a brief synopsis. Naruto is a 12 year old boy, who is the reincarnation of the nine-tailed fox that nearly destroyed the Leaf village, where Naruto lives. All of the adults fear him, and so they scorn him, and their children, not knowing the truth, scorn him and make fun of him. He has therefore become the equivalent of a ninja class clown. In short,
MissAnnThrope
10 April 2013

Rating: * * * * 1/2

I love Naruto because it is entertaining in every possible way. The art is superb, the action-packed story is exciting, it teaches many great life lessons, and it always manages to make me smile. Naruto, Vol. 4: The New Opponents does not disappoint. The battle picks up right from the ending of the last volume and ends in a gut-wrenching moment that nearly brought me to tears.

(view spoiler)
Roswell Ross
Jun 11, 2016 Roswell Ross rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
So while reading this I wrote some random notes ... They maybe won't make any sense but I'm still putting them on here ...

so naruto is the first one to ever win over the jutsu that Haku has
why? because Sasuke sacrificed himself fo rhim
and he did it with the help of the nine tails wow

my father killed my mother and then he tried to kill me
he killed her because of her blood line wow
and then he killed his own father

Haku's story is actually quite sad, how he ended up with Zabuza, and not wanting t
Griffin
Nov 01, 2016 Griffin rated it really liked it
Chelsea
This was a really good volume that ties up the Land of Waves Arc of the series as well introduces a few new characters along with the Chūnin Exam Arc of the series. I am looking forward to reading the next volume.

Volume Contains Chapters 28 - 36
Chapter 28: Nine Tails...!!
Chapter 29: Someone Precious to You
Chapter 30: Your Future Is...!!
Chapter 31: To Each His Own Struggle
Chapter 32: The Tools Called Shinobi
Chapter 33: The Bridge of the Hero!!
Chapter 34: Intruders?
Chapter 35: Iruka vs. Kakash
Eli
Oct 07, 2016 Eli rated it it was amazing
I love this book, Naruto and his team run across an elite ninja that they thought was already defeated. Naruto's team leader kakashi takes on the elite ninja, While Naruto and Saskue take on the elite ninja's partner. Naruto and Saskue have their hands full, the ninja they are fighting is very strong, but when Naruto thinks Saskue is dead he loses it and the nine tails chakra gives him power and he beats the ninja while Kakashi beats the Elite ninja.
Aldrin
Oct 05, 2016 Aldrin rated it it was amazing
It's the day team 7 are fighting Zabuza and Haku, Kakashi was fighting against Zabuza. Naruto and Sasuke are fighting Haku, Sasuke almost died and Naruto got mad, then Naruto used his nine tails chakra and punched Haku. He wanted Naruto to kill him but Haku sensed that his master was about to die, so he teleported in front of Zabuza and got killed by Kakashi.
Andrew
Oct 05, 2016 Andrew added it
It was a good book because I loved the fighting and how it made the main person developed more.
It made him developed under so much pressure. It gave us a clue of naruto's power and his secert.
Winnie
Jul 04, 2015 Winnie rated it it was amazing
Love it!! <3
Xavier (CharlesXplosion)
Oct 27, 2016 Xavier (CharlesXplosion) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy
That battle doe. Holy ish, this was such a awesome volume. I am officially naruto trash. Someone help!
Anthonia
Sep 19, 2016 Anthonia rated it it was amazing
Loved the first three manga's of this series and i love this fourth volume. A must read for any and all manga lovers everywhere.
Lamar Jackson
Sep 19, 2016 Lamar Jackson rated it it was amazing
Once you read one Naruto manga, you wouldn't want to put them down!
Lenalee
Oct 31, 2016 Lenalee rated it really liked it
*4.5/5
This is my favourite volume so far. I cried so hard, even though I already knew what was going to happen. Really excited for the next arc, the Chuunin Exams is one of my favourites.
  • Bleach, Volume 04
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)
  • Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11)

“Shut up or I'll kill you.” 141 likes