Start by marking “Total Control (NASCAR, #5)” as Want to Read:
Total Control (NASCAR, #5)

Total Control (NASCAR #5)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  439 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Indi Wilcox has a bad track record with race-car drivers--and the skid marks on her heart to prove it. So when she's forced to team up with Todd Peters, NASCAR's number one bad boy, to grant the wish of a terminally ill child, she vows to keep things professional. Todd isn't sure what he thinks about the new Miracles caseworker. Except that she's gorgeous--and steaming mad ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Total Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Total Control

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
247th out of 481 books — 1,112 voters
Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthyHard and Fast by Erin McCarthyHot Finish by Erin McCarthyHappy Hour by Shey StahlThe Chase by Erin McCarthy
Car Racing Romance Books
65th out of 157 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha
Jan 27, 2008 Samantha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: sports romance readers
Just a warning, this book is a tear jerker. The romance is there but it's not in full force like the other Nascar romance books in this series. The lead character in this book is a 10 year old little boy with cancer that wants a wish granted with a Nascar driver. It helps if you've read the other books in the series so that you already know who Todd Peters is and the other surrounding characters that are mentioned in the books. Ms. Britton gives some updates on the other couples in the series. I ...more
Judy
Total Control by Pamela Britton
NASCAR Series Book 5
Indi Wilcox is ticked off with a capital T. Another egotistical sports figure has blown off meeting with a young fan who may have very little time left. Young Benjamin is dying and his wish was to meet the man he considers a hero, a NASCAR driver. She’s not going to put up with it and takes it onto herself to do something about it.

Todd Peters has made life about himself and winning, he’s not always a team player either. He has been pegged with t
Ana
Todd admits that he was wrong. Unknowingly he missed 2 meetings with little Benjamin, a kid who has cancer and whose wish was to meet his hero - the NASCAR driver. So he decides to do everything he can to make up for it. But the woman who accompanies Benjamin holds his attention as well.

Indi has dedicated her life to Miracles, a company that fulfills the wishes of kids with terminal illnesses. And her opinion of Todd is really low, how can somebody let down a kid? But then she gets to know him,
Jm
Indi Wilcox travaille pour l'association caritative Miracles qui s'occupe de réaliser le rêve d'enfants gravement malades. Elle essaye d'ailleurs aujourd'hui d'organiser une rencontre entre Benjamin, petit garçon de 10 ans atteint d'une leucémie myéloïde chronique, et Todd Peters, champion de Nascar (et pas de Formule 1 comme indiqué sur la 4ème de couverture). Sauf que Todd a déjà annulé deux rendez-vous et qu'Indi est prête à tout pour que Benjamin puisse vivre son rêve.

Cette romance se déroul
Courtney
I enjoyed the first half of this book much moreso than the last half. It got a bit carried away at the end and it was all ribbons and bows.

Todd Peters reminds me of a few real NASCAR bad-boys, but I fail to see the real "bad" in him. All in all he is rather fluffy if not a little distracted by speed and loose women.

That is until the completely infuriating Indi Wilcox (yes, a supremely terrible name) comes storming into the circut. She seems too cold, too aloof,etc. I dunno.

I liked it overall, e
Heather
I loved this book! The storyline was fantastic and getting a look at how a hot-shot NASCAR driver could quickly go from focused solely on his racing career and caring nothing about those around him, to meeting a little boy, who started as an obligation and ends up teaching him some of life's greatest lessons. This was such a fantastic read!
Ummi
Same old, same old. Not much difference from the other books in the NASCAR series. But I enjoyed it, nevertheless.

Todd is the essential bad boy while Indy is the essential do-gooder. Their characters clashed but they come together for an ailing kid. It's heartwarming, actually. But still, a mediocre story. Too... cliche, I suppose.

Chi Dubinski
Beautiful Indi Wilcox had her heart broken by a race car driver, and vows not to get involved again. But she has to team with bad boy Todd Peters to grant a wish to a terminally ill child. Part of the Harlequin Nascar series, so you know there’s going to be racing and romance
Pam Masters
This was an easy read, there was of course a gimme at the end. I have enjoyed all of the Pamela Britton books I have read, and I will read more. I have passed them all on to my mom who in turn has passed them on to other friends.
Sandy
I really couldn't wait to read Todd's story, especially in the previous book where he was caught in a love triangle. This is a good read and I recommend it if you liked any other Britton book. 3/5 stars.
Katie
She works with dying children. He's a self-absorbed jerk of a race car driver. It did make me cry, especially with the talking about the dying children! So sad. But I really enjoyed it.
Whitney West
I usually enjoy Pamela Britton's work, but this book was a bit too emotional for me.
Jennifer Himes
this is one of the greatest books i read..
Heather Blythe
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Cecelia
ABsoLUtlY! WoNdErFuL!
Lynn Calvin
Amazon received
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Colleen Slusarz
Colleen Slusarz marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Mikayla Ervin
Mikayla Ervin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Curtis Mann
Curtis Mann marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Thunderstruck (Harlequin NASCAR, #4)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • Driven By Desire
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Hot Property (Hot Zone, #4)
  • A Long, Hard Ride (Harlequin Blaze #453)
  • The Queen's Lady (Graham, #7)
  • The Chase (Fast Track, #4)
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • Reckless Curves
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • The Return Of The Prodigal (Romney Marsh #6)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...

NASCAR (7 books)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)
In The Groove (NASCAR, #2) Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1) To The Limit (NASCAR, #4) On The Edge (NASCAR, #3) On The Move (NASCAR, #6)