Start by marking “Total Control (NASCAR, #5)” as Want to Read:
Total Control (NASCAR, #5)

Total Control (NASCAR #5)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  472 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Indi Wilcox has a bad track record with race-car drivers--and the skid marks on her heart to prove it. So when she's forced to team up with Todd Peters, NASCAR's number one bad boy, to grant the wish of a terminally ill child, she vows to keep things professional. Todd isn't sure what he thinks about the new Miracles caseworker. Except that she's gorgeous--and steaming mad ...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Total Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Total Control

It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsSee Jane Score by Rachel GibsonNobody's Baby But Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsThis Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsNatural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Sports Romances
296th out of 624 books — 1,345 voters
Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthyDriven by K. BrombergRevved by Samantha TowleFueled by K. BrombergHard and Fast by Erin McCarthy
Car Racing Romance Books
78th out of 193 books — 172 voters

More lists with this book...

Samantha
Jan 27, 2008 Samantha rated it really liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: sports romance readers
Just a warning, this book is a tear jerker. The romance is there but it's not in full force like the other Nascar romance books in this series. The lead character in this book is a 10 year old little boy with cancer that wants a wish granted with a Nascar driver. It helps if you've read the other books in the series so that you already know who Todd Peters is and the other surrounding characters that are mentioned in the books. Ms. Britton gives some updates on the other couples in the series. I ...more
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing
Total Control by Pamela Britton
NASCAR Series Book 5
Indi Wilcox is ticked off with a capital T. Another egotistical sports figure has blown off meeting with a young fan who may have very little time left. Young Benjamin is dying and his wish was to meet the man he considers a hero, a NASCAR driver. She’s not going to put up with it and takes it onto herself to do something about it.

Todd Peters has made life about himself and winning, he’s not always a team player either. He has been pegged with t
Ana
May 22, 2011 Ana rated it really liked it
Todd admits that he was wrong. Unknowingly he missed 2 meetings with little Benjamin, a kid who has cancer and whose wish was to meet his hero - the NASCAR driver. So he decides to do everything he can to make up for it. But the woman who accompanies Benjamin holds his attention as well.

Indi has dedicated her life to Miracles, a company that fulfills the wishes of kids with terminal illnesses. And her opinion of Todd is really low, how can somebody let down a kid? But then she gets to know him,
Jm
Feb 24, 2013 Jm rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Indi Wilcox travaille pour l'association caritative Miracles qui s'occupe de réaliser le rêve d'enfants gravement malades. Elle essaye d'ailleurs aujourd'hui d'organiser une rencontre entre Benjamin, petit garçon de 10 ans atteint d'une leucémie myéloïde chronique, et Todd Peters, champion de Nascar (et pas de Formule 1 comme indiqué sur la 4ème de couverture). Sauf que Todd a déjà annulé deux rendez-vous et qu'Indi est prête à tout pour que Benjamin puisse vivre son rêve.

Cette romance se déroul
Paula
Feb 11, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
From the minute I started reading this I couldn't put it down! Pamela put a lot more emotion into this book than the other books I've read by her. I was also very satisfied with the ending. It could have taken a different turn but didn't and I love that. Can't wait to read the rest of the Nascar based books by Pamela Britton.
Courtney
Aug 04, 2008 Courtney rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I enjoyed the first half of this book much moreso than the last half. It got a bit carried away at the end and it was all ribbons and bows.

Todd Peters reminds me of a few real NASCAR bad-boys, but I fail to see the real "bad" in him. All in all he is rather fluffy if not a little distracted by speed and loose women.

That is until the completely infuriating Indi Wilcox (yes, a supremely terrible name) comes storming into the circut. She seems too cold, too aloof,etc. I dunno.

I liked it overall, e
Heather
Dec 22, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The storyline was fantastic and getting a look at how a hot-shot NASCAR driver could quickly go from focused solely on his racing career and caring nothing about those around him, to meeting a little boy, who started as an obligation and ends up teaching him some of life's greatest lessons. This was such a fantastic read!
Ummi
Mar 15, 2011 Ummi rated it liked it
Same old, same old. Not much difference from the other books in the NASCAR series. But I enjoyed it, nevertheless.

Todd is the essential bad boy while Indy is the essential do-gooder. Their characters clashed but they come together for an ailing kid. It's heartwarming, actually. But still, a mediocre story. Too... cliche, I suppose.

Chi Dubinski
Nov 20, 2013 Chi Dubinski rated it liked it
Beautiful Indi Wilcox had her heart broken by a race car driver, and vows not to get involved again. But she has to team with bad boy Todd Peters to grant a wish to a terminally ill child. Part of the Harlequin Nascar series, so you know there’s going to be racing and romance
Pam Masters
Jul 18, 2010 Pam Masters rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
This was an easy read, there was of course a gimme at the end. I have enjoyed all of the Pamela Britton books I have read, and I will read more. I have passed them all on to my mom who in turn has passed them on to other friends.
Sandy
Jun 28, 2009 Sandy rated it liked it
I really couldn't wait to read Todd's story, especially in the previous book where he was caught in a love triangle. This is a good read and I recommend it if you liked any other Britton book. 3/5 stars.
Katie
Jul 01, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-13
She works with dying children. He's a self-absorbed jerk of a race car driver. It did make me cry, especially with the talking about the dying children! So sad. But I really enjoyed it.
Whitney West
Feb 23, 2014 Whitney West rated it liked it
I usually enjoy Pamela Britton's work, but this book was a bit too emotional for me.
Jennifer Himes
Jul 19, 2013 Jennifer Himes rated it it was amazing
this is one of the greatest books i read..
Heather Blythe
Sep 27, 2012 Heather Blythe rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. could not put it down..
Cecelia
Allison
Mar 23, 2012 Allison rated it liked it
Good.
Alison
Alison rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Vonda
Vonda added it
May 04, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Jammie Baugh
Jammie Baugh rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Iris
Iris is currently reading it
May 11, 2016
Lolo
Lolo marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2016
J Karahalis
J Karahalis rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2016
  • A NASCAR Holiday 3
  • Hearts Under Caution (Harlequin NASCAR, #1)
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Thunderstruck (Harlequin NASCAR, #4)
  • Danger Zone (Harlequin NASCAR, #3)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Overheated (Harlequin NASCAR, #25)
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Racing Outside the Line (A Love Story at 190 mph #1)
  • Driven By Desire
  • Redline Lover (Take Me, Lover #1)
  • She's No Angel
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • One Man Rush (Double Overtime, #1)
  • Hot Property (Hot Zone, #4)
With over a million books in print, Pamela Britton likes to call herself the best known author nobody’s ever heard of. Of course, that’s begun to change thanks to a certain licensing agreement with that little racing organization known as NASCAR.

Nowadays it’s not unusual to hear her books being discussed by the likes of Jay Leno, Keith Olbermann, or Stephen Colbert. Flip open a magazine and you mi
More about Pamela Britton...

NASCAR (7 books)
  • Dangerous Curves (NASCAR, #1)
  • In The Groove (NASCAR, #2)
  • On The Edge (NASCAR, #3)
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Slow Burn (NASCAR, #7)