Start by marking “Tacos” as Want to Read:
Tacos

Tacos

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  7 reviews
¡Ay, que rico! Tacos—real tacos, with soft or crispy corn tortillas, succulent fillings, and snappy salsas—are a revered street food on both sides of the border. In TACOS, Mark Miller adds a chef's sensibility to this vibrant primer for building delicious and authentic tacos.

The heart of a great taco is its filling, and TACOSbrims with filling recipes for chicken, fowl, p
Published April 1st 2009 by Ten Speed Press

To ask other readers questions about Tacos, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tacos

Caity
I love tacos so this immediately caught my eye. I am also a vegetarian so I appreciated the veggie taco section as well as the breakfast section of the book. I did also read through the meat recipes as I do cook meat for my fiance and found that many of them would be well outside our normal shopping list particularly the seafood section, while this was a bust for me it may interest those with more adventurous tastes and a bigger shopping budget. Lastly the book has recipes for salsas and sides t ...more
Mtbike40
Wow this is a fantastic cookbook. So far I have made three recipes out of it and they have been just stunning. I am a huge fan of the flavors of New Mexico and these recipes take me right to the heart of the food I enjoy from Taos and Santa Fe.

Mark Miller is an exceptional chef and his restaurant Coyote Cafe has a long reputation for excellence. I am very excited that he has been willing to share some ideas and techniques to energize my taste buds even though I am a long way from New Mexico.

I ha
Loki (of Smartassgard)
Every recipe in here is a jewel. I refer to it often when I am homesick, and it hasn’t failed yet. I do have to say that I prefer grilled fish in my fish tacos as opposed to fried.
AJ
Not terribly useful for the vegan, but some recipes can certainly be veganized. I mostly like this cookbook for the salsa recipes, how to prepare chiles in many ways, etc.
Amy
This is the gourmet of gourmet of tacos. Much beyond my ability, but interesting pictures.
Morgan
Some good recipes and a very interesting intro by the author.
Mandy
Great taco recipes!
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Austin Porter-elkin
Austin Porter-elkin marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Andrew Weber
Andrew Weber marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Adan
Adan marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 02, 2014
Kirk T
Kirk T added it
May 17, 2014
Marina Kosac
Marina Kosac marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Judy Marvel
Judy Marvel marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Anon
Anon marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Daveyb
Daveyb added it
Feb 25, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Janine Conklin
Janine Conklin marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Great Salsa Book Experiential Storytelling: (Re)Discovery Narrative to Communicate God's Message The Heart of Leadership: Becoming a Leader People Want to Follow The Hard Times Guide to Retirement Security: Practical Strategies for Money, Work, and Living Complete Idiot's Guide to Being a Cheapskate