Start by marking “Frozen Rodeo” as Want to Read:
Frozen Rodeo

Frozen Rodeo

Peggy Fleming Farrell is about to have the best summer ever. Only, it doesn't look that way at first: There's her job as coffee wench at the Gas 'n Git, her summer school French class, and her unrequited love for a certain waiter. Not to mention Lamaze class with her mom, and her dad's attempt at a professional ice-skating comeback. So what is it that turns Fleming's summe ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Turtleback Books (first published January 21st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Frozen Rodeo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frozen Rodeo

Aug 25, 2013 Keri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's summer time in the little town of Lindville and Peggy Fleming Farrell is stuck selling coffee at a gas station so she can pay her parents back for a car she totaled. In her free time she babysits her three younger siblings and takes French classes at the local high school so she can graduate early and get the heck out of Lindville before she goes crazy.

But some things don't go as expected.

Her co-worker is a Bono wannabe, her French teacher has gone AWOL, her IHOP crush has taken a liking to
Oct 01, 2012 Dianah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK'S TERRIBLE. & no, I didn't finish it. I think I stopped around page 3? Trust me; this book is that bad.
I only read this because these kind of books are quick reads but there was hardly any romance in it..
Dec 25, 2015 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: december-2015
wtf is this book?
May 14, 2016 Karissa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-2016
Peggy Fleming Farrell is the daughter of a famous ice skater father and meteorologist mother. Her parents have decided to settle down, and now live in the small town of Lindville. Fleming, as she likes to be called, has three younger siblings and one on the way.

Her summer has already started off crummy. She is required to work at a coffee shop within a gas station in order to pay her parents back for damages that occurred at a previous job she worked at. She also has to babysit her younger sibl
Jun 05, 2016 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was very good in the beginning but then it got very boring she was torn between two guys. and i mean tat was good normally i figure these books out all the time, but htis one she really ended up with noone. it just resolved itself. i just like that it was different and it resolved itself at the rodeo. i thought she waas goin to end up with denny i mean they worked together and talked about stuff, but she was with mike and he was just rlly fake. cuz of wat steve told him. but mike was saying s ...more
Nov 17, 2009 Wsmah marked it as to-read
UPDATE: LOG: 11/17/09:
I just finished the book this morning. Fleming's French teacher never showed up to his summer school class, and everyone was wondering where he was at. There was a gas station bandit, that robbed and ran, turns out, that's what their french teacher was up to. Fleming saved everyone and she was the one to bring him down. At the end she gets a new sibling added to the family, and her parents finally see that's she's responsible. It's all happy happy, and both of the guys she
Xue Jing
May 23, 2010 Xue Jing rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fleming is having the worst summer of her life. She has to work at the coffee shop in the gas station to pay back her parents from the money she owes them. She has to go there early in the morning and there was always a guy that has coffee breath that comes to the store early in the morning. She crashed the old store she used to work at so she got fired but she didn't care at all. Besides the job at the coffee shop, she still has to take French class during the summer with substitutes, take car ...more
Jan 03, 2010 Beth rated it really liked it
Fleming is stuck in the summer from hell. No driver's license, due to two car accidents. A Doberman who wants to take a chunk out of her. A crap job pouring java at the Gas N Git. An Olypmic hopeful father who wants her to trade her roller blades for ice skates like her namesake Peggy Fleming. A summer school French course whose instructor is MIA. Constant last minute babysitting for snot-nosed siblings. A pancake house waiter who seems to have forgotten she exists. Lamaze with her mother. Can F ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for

In this reprint of Catherine Clark's FROZEN RODEO, Fleming is having the worst summer. She's stuck working at a coffee shop in a gas station to pay her parents back for crashing their station wagon. She's taking a French class where the professor is always absent. Her best friend is gone for the summer and the boy she likes is always making out with another girl.

That doesn't even begin to describe her troubles at home - always having to babysit an
Aug 20, 2008 Jerrica rated it liked it
So basically this book is about Peggy, a clumsy driver who crashes her way to earning money for her parents and taking French classes from a teacher who never shows up and always has substitutes who usually never know French.

I picked up this book because it seemed like that kind of story that might be interesting. Alternative characters, a decent plot. I didn't hate it, but the ending could have been a little bit better. It just kind of cut off. The whole middle-age crisis that her father was go
Sep 03, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who like quirky YA
Sep 13, 2011 Mittica marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Morgan Howard

This book is about a teenage girl named Peggy in a small town where nothing exciting ever happens. Peggy is stuck in Kindville and just like all of her other friends they want to get out! She is just aloud to drive and she drove into the store that she works at, and is spending the whole summer working, babysitting, and paying off her parents for the damage to the car. Peggy dreams of leaving Kindville with the love of her life Steven, when she finds something out about him
Jul 14, 2009 Sherry rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teen Girls 15 & up
Cute story - about a teen girl in a small town navigating her way through her summer job, summer french class, an old crush, a new friend, a new guy, a crazy bus driver, armed robbery, and child birth classes???

Clean (except for someone streaking):). No cussing, no sex, no drugs. Thank you Catherine.

There is something to be said about the real subplot of this story - being able to adjust your expectations about people, about yourself. Deciding to change your mind, your course, not just going wi
Joan Greaton
This was a fun read. The characters were vibrant and really brought life the the page. Would recommend!
Sandra Durand
Dec 29, 2014 Sandra Durand rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Renita Frett
I have read other books from this author and her looks usually makes for a quick enjoyable read. I didn’t particularly enjoy this book though. It got me thinking about why I didn’t like the book as much as the others. I think it’s because the plot losses focus in the book. In the beginning it seems the main focus is her job at the gas station, her French class, and guy and then by the end it revolves her relationship around her family. So I learned from this book to keep the plot focused so that ...more
Feb 09, 2011 Jenny rated it liked it
Shelves: teen, realistic
Peggy Fleming Farrell's summer is the pits. She has to work making coffee at the Gas N Git to pay her parents back for wrecking the car. Her skating father is trying to stage a comeback, her pregnant mother wants her to be the Lamaze coach, and the boy she likes is dating someone else. Then she meets Charlotte in French class, and life might not be so bad. Between hijacked golf carts, plans to streak in the Rodeo Days parade, and a robber on the loose, summer may yet have some excitement.
Sep 30, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In addition to taking Lamaze classes with her expectant mother while her father tries to regain a foot in the professional skating world, Peggy Fleming Farrell must also suffer the horror of bad French teachers and a boring job, in an amusing tale about a young girl trying to make sense of her life.
Jul 27, 2011 Hpitcher rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
wow. so usually i kind of like catherine clark books but this one was extremly dissapointing. the only reason i finished it was to see if it could possiby get better but it didn't. did fleming end up with denny in the end or did charlotte? seriously the whole plot for the book kind of sucked!
Jul 26, 2010 Christel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but not nearly as much as Catherine Clark's other books (So Inn Love, Picture Perfect). Some parts weren't very interesting to me, but it was good enough to keep me reading (: Better Latte Than Never was also able to make me laugh out loud and smile, which I loved!
Mar 22, 2010 Andrew rated it really liked it
I decided I needed to read a YA book for girls, especially with no vampires. I enjoyed this. There were things I found realistic and things I found kind of silly. The silliness might actually have made it more realistic- teenagers are kind of silly. Anyway, fun read.
Written in short sections from the point of view of a young girl who is named after the ice skater -Peggy Fleming. The task of the writer is turning a troubled youth into someone responsible with very little parental guidance.
Oct 17, 2009 Mirela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cute book, while I was confused a bit at some points. I enjoyed the parental conflict, it was realistic and I could really relate to being the third parent. The ending was very cute. I loved the book overall.
Dec 04, 2011 Onna rated it liked it
It didn't start out too good. Peggy came off as annoying from the start. I kept on reading and then I came to like her. The ending was way better than I expected it to be. It's a good light read.
Harun Harahap
Kado buku lainnya dari Bang Christian setahun yang lalu. Sepertinya setelah membaca dua buku karya Catherine Clark ini,aku bisa menyimpulkan tulisannya tidak terlalu sesuai seleraku.
May 07, 2012 Vicki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tween
Peggy Fleming Farrell suffers teen angst before her senior year and no car(2 accidents), can't keep a job, tries to get a boyfriend, her mom is pregnant fun!
Apr 11, 2010 Arielle rated it liked it
I remember this being one the only books I read as a tween that I actually enjoyed. Not sure if it would still hold up now though...
Jul 06, 2010 Molly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this book!!! read it at the beach so it is all crinkly cuz the pages got wet at the beach!!! it also has some sad in it!!!
Mar 25, 2014 Miranda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly love Catherine Clark's writing. This book was so easy to get through and I love the western, country feel to it.:)
  • The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Snow in Love
  • Snow Queen
  • Crush du Jour (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Party Games (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Tropical Kiss
  • Love, Hollywood Style
  • Sea of Love (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Labor of Love
  • Mediterranean Holiday: Or, How I Moved to a Tiny Island and Found the Love of My Life
  • Do-Over (Royally Jacked, #3)
  • Perfect Shot
  • The Secret Life of a Teenage Siren (Simon Romantic Comedies)
  • Dancing Queen
  • Cupidity
I love reading books for children, young adults, new adults and all the old people after that.

I love writing for pretty much the same audiences.

More about Catherine Clark...

“nothing exciting ever happens, so you stop thinking it's going to. and then something does happen, and you miss it. completely. ” 6 likes
“this town has no soul. and nobody yields to your love. nobody yields, period.” 2 likes