Start by marking “The Dehydrator Bible: Includes Over 400 Recipes” as Want to Read:
The Dehydrator Bible: Includes Over 400 Recipes

The Dehydrator Bible: Includes Over 400 Recipes

A new update of the bestselling book in its field -- 100,000 in print.

Whether grow-your-own, bought locally from a farmer's market, or fresh from a regular supermarket, seasonality still affects the quality, abundance and price of good food. It just makes sense to preserve food quality for those times when it's not as plentiful or not available at all. Dehydrating food wit
Published March 27th 2009 by Robert Rose (first published March 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dehydrator Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dehydrator Bible

Natalie
Dec 26, 2015 Natalie rated it really liked it
I'm gonna use this for hiking and camping :)
Adrienna
This book has so many amazing recipes that I'd love to try; therefore, too many to type in my list of raw foods to try whereas I will have to purchase a copy of this book in the future.

Significance of drying foods (which I recently bought a food dehydrator): reduce spoilage and increase food storage life. Keep in cool, dry location to protect storage life. Removes weight and easier to carry; camp food and for hikers; and preservation.

Record drying times, temperatures, and details and how it was
Katie
Aug 13, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cooking
This book is very helpful. There is an excellent overview of the drying process with clear instructions about how to prepare foods for drying, materials needed, and general procedure. I especially liked the fact that the author gives reasons for certain procedures - for example, she suggests using the dehydrator in the garage if you are drying particularly potent smelling foods (garlic) so your home does not become permeated with the scent.

I have just received a dehydrator and am anxious to try
Debra Jeakins
Sep 22, 2015 Debra Jeakins rated it it was amazing
Are you a newbie to the land of dehydrating food? I am and believe me book THE DEHYDRATOR BIBLE BY JENNIFER MACKENZIE has been sitting right next to my dehydrator! Not only does the book give you dehydrating tips but great recipes for your dehydrated foods.A MUST IN YOUR KITCHEN COLLECTION!
Natashya KitchenPuppies
Jun 24, 2015 Natashya KitchenPuppies rated it really liked it
Whether for camping or hiking, or to stock your pantry with seasonal foods - you will love having dehydrating as part of your repertoire.

See my full review here - http://livinginthekitchenwithpuppies....
Carol
Dec 30, 2015 Carol rated it it was ok
good info on dehydrating. Not too many specifics on what to do with said dehydrated unless you follow their recipes.
Michelle
Jun 13, 2011 Michelle rated it liked it
Great reference book for the beginner or experienced. Basic dehydration techniques, and a plethora of recipes. I would have preferred few recipes and more basics though.
Susan Allegrini
Apr 29, 2013 Susan Allegrini rated it it was amazing
I learned alot from this book it was easy to read and understand . It is a must read book if you want to learn how to dehydrate foods.
Granny
Aug 20, 2011 Granny rated it really liked it
Well written book on food drying. Lots of terrific sounding recipes. Got this from the library, but will probably buy my own copy to have on hand as a good resource.
Arlian
Arlian rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2013
Dara Dietz
Dara Dietz rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Casey Toney
Casey Toney rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Lance Martin
Lance Martin rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Martin Kirouac
Martin Kirouac rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2016
Jae
Jae rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Teresa Bianco
Teresa Bianco rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015
Mosunflower
Jul 24, 2010 Mosunflower rated it really liked it
Tips and recipes for drying all types of food.
Bill Calligaro
Bill Calligaro rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Nicole Halko
Nicole Halko rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2012
Matthew  Myers
Matthew Myers rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Sandra Bolker
Sandra Bolker rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Leslie Reed
Leslie Reed rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
Julia
Julia rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2012
planit cece
planit cece rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2016
T PARKER
T PARKER rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Preservation Kitchen: The Craft of Making and Cooking with Pickles, Preserves, and Aigre-doux
  • The Joy of Pickling: 300 Flavor-Packed Recipes for Vegetables and More from Garden or Market
  • The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving: Over 300 Delicious Recipes to Use Year-Round
  • Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects
  • Saving the Season: A Cook's Guide to Home Canning, Pickling, and Preserving
  • Forgotten Skills of Cooking: The Lost Art of Creating Delicious Home Produce, with Over 600 Recipes
  • The Profitable Hobby Farm, How to Build a Sustainable Local Foods Business
  • Canning & Preserving with Ashley English: All You Need to Know to Make Jams, Jellies, Pickles, Chutneys & More
  • ChefMD's Big Book of Culinary Medicine: A Food Lover's Road Map to Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Getting Really Healthy
  • Cooking
  • The Home Creamery: Make Your Own Fresh Dairy Products; Easy Recipes for Butter, Yogurt, Sour Cream, Creme Fraiche, Cream Cheese, Ricotta, and More!
  • Reader's Digest Back to Basics: How to Learn and Enjoy Traditional American Skills
  • Japanese Soul Cooking: Ramen, Tonkatsu, Tempura, and More from the Streets and Kitchens of Tokyo and Beyond
  • True Brews: How to Craft Fermented Cider, Beer, Wine, Sake, Soda, Mead, Kefir, and Kombucha at Home
  • DIY Projects for the Self-Sufficient Homeowner: 25 Ways to Build a Self-Reliant Lifestyle
  • Barnyard in Your Backyard: A Beginner's Guide to Raising Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Rabbits, Goats, Sheep, and Cows
  • Top-Bar Beekeeping: Organic Practices for Honeybee Health
  • Small Scale Grain Raising: An Organic Guide to Growing, Processing, and Using Nutritious Whole Grains, for Home Gardeners and Local Farmers