The Storyteller

The Storyteller

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  220 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Harold robbins gives us a star-studded world of beautiful people, luxurious fantasy, unending desire...the story of a brilliant young man, a rebel, a fighter, and whose every American dream can true.
Published January 2nd 1994 by Pocket Books (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Storyteller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Storyteller

Muhammad Shakhawat Hossain
Too much sex, too much BJs, too much jerking off. A cheap sex story writer finds his way to Hollywood as a scriptwriter for the sensuous B movies right after WWII. There he experiences all sorts of sex, gets new cunts everyday. 'Let's fuck' is the most obvious and probably the only way to celebrate any occasion. And dope too. Sex and dope; that's nearly all about Hollywood. I am not sure whether Harold Robbins tried to portray the screwed up lives of Hollywood or just tried to increase his sales...more
Miss
Really not his best. And I'm actually a fan (even though I put brown paper bag covers on them when I ride the train.)
Jasonmwooten
First novel I was suggested to read by someone other then a teacher. I still want to be the main character!
Zohaib Furqan
A great book, really inspiring. Love the way, how the author takes the reader from dark valleys to extravagant parties. I really admire, the starting and the ending and all the events that connect the start and the end. It really gives us the lesson on how we need to maneuver through as a young adult.

all in all "A PLEASURE TO READ"
 pilar

Una novela ligera, muy entretenida. Con un toque de erotismo dentro del mundo del cine y con un final que puede sorprender.
Phani
One of the worst. I really liked some of his novels, but this is very bad.
Sue
Definitely a very "trashy" novel.
Keaneau Murray
Keaneau Murray marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Eduardo Dávila
Eduardo Dávila marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Ellen
Ellen marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Pamela Gricken
Pamela Gricken marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Toshada
Toshada marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Messy
Messy marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Candy
Candy added it
Aug 04, 2014
Subhashini Meegama
Subhashini Meegama marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Susan Garrett
Susan Garrett marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Yahia Salih
Yahia Salih marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Yasa
Yasa added it
Jul 07, 2014
32005
Born as Harold Rubin in New York City, he later claimed to be a Jewish orphan who had been raised in a Catholic boys home. In reality he was the son of well-educated Russian and Polish immigrants. He was reared by his pharmacist father and stepmother in Brooklyn.

His first book, Never Love a Stranger (1948), caused controversy with its graphic sexuality. Publisher Pat Knopf reportedly bought Never...more
More about Harold Robbins...
The Carpetbaggers A Stone for Danny Fisher The Betsy 79 Park Avenue Never Love a Stranger