Start by marking “Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)” as Want to Read:
Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)

Fireworks (Four Summer Stories)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  608 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Hot sun. Soft white sand. Bejewled flip-flops. Crashing surf. That shirtless blond lifeguard...Summertime is the essence of sexiness, sass, and fun. In this juicy collection, four fabulous, bestselling teen authors each show us a different side of summer romance, from the first flush of a seaside crush to the sting of a breakup on a traveling teen tour. Get out your sunscr ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Fireworks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fireworks

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny HanAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsIt's Not Summer Without You by Jenny HanThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
Summer Break Books for YA
156th out of 557 books — 532 voters
Hush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Bones by Cassandra ClarePerfect Chemistry by Simone ElkelesSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Books With Hot Guys on the Front
60th out of 190 books — 190 voters

More lists with this book...

Chelsea Barva-kertesz
Jun 10, 2011 Chelsea Barva-kertesz rated it really liked it
Miss Independant by Lauren Myracle

For a short story, I found this one pretty good. The only complaint I have is that the story took it's time developing characters and back stories, and then basically everything else was crammed into 12 pages. It almost seemed like the author was writing and then realized she had to finish her story in just a few more pages, so she rushed to fill in the ending.

Megan is a girl who never cared about makeup, clothes, or the prettiest hair style. It is her birthday,
Jory
Jan 17, 2013 Jory rated it liked it
It’s almost summer. And what’s one major step in preparing for summer? That’s right. Selecting your summer reads. The great thing about Fireworks is that the stories are short enough to read in one sitting, but not so short as to leave you feeling unsatisfied.
The first story, “Miss Independent” by Lauren Myracle, is about a shy, average girl who is perfectly content being a daydreamer. Except, she’s not content. Not really. Disgusted with her own spinelessness when it comes to the perfect guy, s
Sophie Riggsby
Jun 30, 2012 Sophie Riggsby rated it really liked it
*Review posted on Mundie Moms on 7/4/2012*

Sometimes my brain melts from the summer heat and all the driving around I do to pools, beaches and playdates. When I saw this four story compilation, I thought it would be perfect for my ever decreasing attention span, especially when I noticed that Sarah Mlynowski and Lauren Myracle had written two of the stories. It couldn't be bad, could it? Nope. Not at all.

"Miss Independent" by Lauren Myracle
Rating: 3.5 stars - I liked it.

My 9.5 year old daughter a
Erin Beckwith
Aug 04, 2010 Erin Beckwith rated it really liked it
I wanted to read a happy, idealistic satisfying teen summer romance book. There's something about teen romance that's so much better than "adult" romance: there's less worry. Once you know you "like" each other, it's a free ride, woohoo!!

Well, I got what I wanted in this! Totally delightful. I absolutely LOVED the last story...It seemed a bit more realistic than some of the others, and more relatable to me personally.

I know many of my friends here on goodreads would never dream of picking this
Nori
Jun 10, 2016 Nori rated it liked it
I read this when I was a teenager a I love it. there was only one story that it was a little boring but all the other ones were pretty great. the story's are great for girl who don't read a lot but love cute summer love story's.
Anna
Feb 24, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Okay, I'm going to go story-by-story so it'll all make sense.

Miss Independent: Lauren Myracle

This one was just okay. It definetly draws you in at the beginning. However, it was really, really predictable. I liked the idea behind it, but I just... wish I wouldn't have figured out what the ending was going to be like.

A Nice Fling is Hard to Find: Sarah Mlynowski

I think this is my favorite story out of all four. It wasn't too predictable, and it was written really nicely. I haven't read anything by
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

After the heartwarming compilation of four heartwarming stories in MISTLETOE, Point Books once more brings together four authors to create another four sizzling stories that go perfectly with the summer heat. Pull up a towel and a big glass of lemonade, because the only place you will be going is inside the minds of four girls ready to accomplish what they have been wanting the most during summer.

Lauren Myracle brings us Megan
brigette
Aug 12, 2014 brigette rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, ya-romance
You totally get what you expect with this book. I wanted a cute summary book that didn't involve too much thinking. One of the last "summer books" of the season, and that's exactly what I got.

Miss Independent- Lauren Myracle
Just okay. It was completely predictable. I knew what was going to happen from the beginning. But cute nonetheless.

A Nice Fling is Hard to Find- Sarah Mlynowski
My favorite story! It was so cute. I knew what was going to happen (all four of these stories are SO predictable!)
Alison
Jun 16, 2013 Alison rated it liked it
I give it a 3.5 rating.

This book contains four short stories written by different authors. The first story being "Miss Independent" by Lauren Myracle, which I liked the least out of the four. Story number two "A Nice Fling Is Hard to Find" by Sarah Mlynowski, it seemed to start getting interesting just as it ended. Story number three "Cabin Fever" by Erin Haft was definitely my favourite and I wish that story didn't end, it was really good and I wanted more of it. The final story was "Night Swim
Adrienne
Dec 31, 2012 Adrienne rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
This is a collection of four unrelated short stories by popular young adult authors, each a summer romance. Megan is determined to finally talk to the crush she's been too shy to approach. Lindsay is on a trip to Europe, determined to have a summer fling with a foreign boy, but finds that to be more complicated than she expected. Molly, spending her sixth summer at a remote camp in Maine plans to pursue gorgeous co-counselor River, until her spoiled brand-name wearing sister tags along. And Wynn ...more
Makayla
Jan 24, 2015 Makayla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lauren-myracle, have
Four short tales of summer love, by different authors in one book. very fun, summer read (even though I read it in the winter :p) I would defiantly recommend this book to someone who was looking for a cute love/romance story.
Karajayne
Aug 21, 2014 Karajayne rated it really liked it
Love all the stories of love especially the story of summer camp <3
Jessica
Aug 20, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Fpur awesome stories abput love and the story that let to it
Karen
May 29, 2010 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-reads
Four summers, with four sweet stories about romance. This book was interesting in the sense of showing me that usually the best things end up right before you.
Revealing the lives of four teenagers searching for love, Four Summers talks about how difficult and unnececerilly confusing searching for love can be. But once you've found it that's where everything is easy, or at least that's what it seems like.
Whitlee
She went to france wanting to have a fling with a guy. She ended up finding out that that her best friends twin brother has liked her for ten years. She realized that she liked him too but didnt no how her friend would take it. She found out that her friend already new that her brother liked her and that she didnt care if they were together because she wanted them to be happy.
Ginnie Grant
Dec 23, 2014 Ginnie Grant rated it it was ok
While reading a book full of beachy summer stories in the dead of a kentucky winter may be a good idea in theory, these were overly predictable and one dimensional. the story "cabin fever" was by far the brightest spot in the book. I will look for more from that author but likely not from the others
*Mrs. Brightside*
Apr 19, 2011 *Mrs. Brightside* rated it really liked it
Shelves: girls
Aspen Sophia
Oct 27, 2010 Aspen Sophia rated it it was ok
I definitely don't think that short story books are my thing. Yes, a long time ago when I was little this book would've have been great, but now, eh. The way it is formatted makes the story go by so fast and it leaves you wondering: what was the point of that? Definitely not again. Two stars.
Alex
Apr 17, 2012 Alex rated it really liked it
Shelves: enjoyable-reads
I wasnt that interested in reading short stories because i like to get really into storys and i thought i would be left wanting more after finishing them , But then i read this book and i LOVED it! These 4 love storys were just so sweet and romantic and ended perfectly!
Kayla
Jul 25, 2015 Kayla rated it did not like it
To be honest this book is more for preteens but i enjoyed it, it was a easy read with happy endings. When I would get into one of the stories, i would be disappointed because it ended so quickly.
Taylor
Nov 21, 2010 Taylor rated it really liked it
this book is one of my favorites!!!! :D
its quick to get through and all four of the stories are really good and entertaining
i strongly recommend it and would read it again in a second :D
Meghan Ely
Jul 24, 2011 Meghan Ely rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of romance, so this was a major favorite for me. I love all the girls' stories, and their happy ending they all got. Overall it was great!
Donna
Sep 13, 2011 Donna rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-school
Four light love stories suitable for girls as young as 12 but romantic enough for all ages. Each short story is a delightful and quick read.
Celeste
Apr 02, 2008 Celeste rated it it was amazing
This book was super cute. I really like that this book was about finding your true love and how unexpected it can be. I recommand this to everyone.
Alicia
Mar 29, 2008 Alicia rated it really liked it
A cute and quick read. I was expecting it to be better than it was, but was still enjoyable. My favorite story in the book was by far Cabin Fever.
Julie
You got exactly what you thought you were going to get: four short, simple stories about getting that first kiss from your secret crush.
Jeraca
May 16, 2012 Jeraca rated it liked it
Here is my review for "Fireworks": http://jeracalea.blogspot.com/2012/05...
Sara
Jul 21, 2011 Sara rated it did not like it
Not good at all. Totally predictable storylines with spoiled and annoying main characters.
Arwyn
May 01, 2013 Arwyn rated it liked it
Ok for short stories... kind of unrealistic... everything happened so fast
Nikki
Mar 10, 2011 Nikki rated it liked it
I liked Sarah Mlynowski's and Lauren Myracle's stories but tht's it!
  • Meet Me at the Boardwalk
  • Summer Girls (Summer Girls, #1)
  • Cruel Summer (Fast Girls, Hot Boys, #1)
  • Rich Boys (Island Summer, #2)
  • First Kiss (Then Tell): A Collection of True Lip-Locked Moments
  • What's Hot: (I Heart Bikinis)
  • The Star Shack
  • Slept Away
  • Kissing Snowflakes
  • Lost Summer
  • Swoon at Your Own Risk
  • Heartbreak River
  • The Summer of Sneaking Out (Summer, #2)
  • Laguna Cove: A Novel
  • South Beach (Alexa & Holly, #1)
  • In Your Room
Niki Burnham is the author of seven novels and two novellas for teens, as well as the author of eight romance novels (as Nicole Burnham.) For excerpts, info on upcoming books, events, booking library/school visits, and more, please check her official site at www.nikiburnham.com.

You can subscribe to Niki's e-newsletter for reader news, events, and upcoming book announcements by visiting http://www.
More about Niki Burnham...