Start by marking “In the Year of the Bull: Zen, Air, and the Pursuit of Sacred and Profane Hoops” as Want to Read:
In the Year of the Bull: Zen, Air, and the Pursuit of Sacred and Profane Hoops

In the Year of the Bull: Zen, Air, and the Pursuit of Sacred and Profane Hoops

One of the nation's most admired sportswriters chronicles the events of the record-setting 1995-96 Chicago Bulls season, Michael Jordan's first complete one since he returned to the game. Rick Telander captures the volatile mix of personalities and the thrills of a Bulls season in which Number 23 makes everyone enormously grateful he's back on the hardwood again. of photos ...more
Published April 15th 1999 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about In the Year of the Bull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Year of the Bull

Demarco C
i picked this book because basketball is my favorite sport and i like the Chicago bull.And someone also recommended it to me because the person thought it was a good book so i just decided to read it.The story takes place all over because it is a basketball team and it tells all about the bull like when they won championships when they first became a franchise and who played on the team and the best players who played on the team like Michel Jordan Dennis rodman and scotty pipmen.michel jordan i ...more
Robert Clay
Dec 06, 2012 Robert Clay is currently reading it
The title is "In the Year of the Bull." The author of my book is Rick Telander. The genre is biography. So far my book is about the Bulls winning their game and now there at an after party. I think the intended audience is any Bulls fans or sports fans in general.

In my book the Bulls just won game 5 in the 1995-96 NBA semis to advance to the finals. They are now at a club, Crobar, celebrating their win. There's a live band there and a reporter is telling about everything he's doing and everyth
Bailey
Apr 11, 2014 Bailey rated it really liked it
The book is about the Chicago Bulls and in the years that they were amazing. It is a great book to me because I love basketball and Michael Jordan is one of my favorite basketball players. Any basketball fan should read it.
Mattmiller
Sep 29, 2013 Mattmiller rated it liked it
Shelves: basketball
Good but not great chronicle of the 1995-1996 Bulls. Amazing how this one feels a little dated now and Telander's Heaven is a Playground (written 20 years prior) feels amazingly contemporary. The difference in the intimacy between author has something to do with it. Also the difference in the energy and passion from a first time writer and an already established one. Still, some interesting facts about the journey of a championship ball club.
Matthewbruce
Mar 05, 2013 Matthewbruce rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the book. Becuase it talked a lot about Micheal Jordon and his career of a baseball and basketball player. It talked about his personal life to. The book talked about some other different players that played for the Bulls. Over all it was a very good book and I enjored reading it.
Khalil Thomas
Mar 08, 2012 Khalil Thomas rated it it was amazing
I think this book was interesting because i love basketball and the bulls were a legend team because they had the best player ever....micheal jordan
Shawn Gillum
Shawn Gillum rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
David
David rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Leandro Cordobez
Leandro Cordobez is currently reading it
Jul 21, 2016
Jeff Ham
Jeff Ham marked it as to-read
May 25, 2016
Chris Cash
Chris Cash marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Cam Roy
Cam Roy rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Evan North
Evan North marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Josue Medina
Josue Medina marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Paxton
Paxton added it
Mar 23, 2015
Ryan
Ryan is currently reading it
Sep 04, 2015
Ricky
Ricky added it
Jan 18, 2015
Chino
Chino rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2015
Brigham Avery
Brigham Avery marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Aandrei
Aandrei marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Caadan3
Caadan3 marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
David Butler
David Butler rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Scott Williams
Scott Williams marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Happy to be an author. Happier to have readers! Let me know if you'd like me to talk about anything from my books. I think I remember most of them. (joke)
I went to Richwoods High School in Peoria, got a football scholarship to Northwestern University, and started writing for money (mere pittance) after graduation in 1971.
If you need to know more, let me know. I can go on and on. PS-- I once sco
More about Rick Telander...