Start by marking “The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat” as Want to Read:
The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat

The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat (Step into Reading, Step 1)

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  322 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Look! Look! The Cat wants to cook!

Published October 14th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat in the Hat the Movie!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat in the Hat the Movie!

Pauline
Oct 04, 2014 Pauline rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
1st book my daughter to fully read by herself without any help from me...It is a very nice book...
Angie
Synopsis: "Look! Look! The Cat wants to cook!

Told with simple rhymes and rhythms, this jaunty illustrated tale gives very young readers a taste of the Cat in the Hat’s flamboyant cooking skills as he slaps on a Chef’s hat and whips up purple cupcakes using some truly odd ingredients! A cat-terrific spin-off based on Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat movie."

My Review: I guess I may have been expecting a little too much from this book. I understand that it is a beginning reader book, but I was hoping
Liliana Jaramillo
Feb 18, 2014 Liliana Jaramillo rated it liked it
Beautiful illustrations.Takes steps of cooking,
The book features simply rhyming words with related pictures
This is a great book for children who are learning to read and has big type and easy words.

L. E. Prepare an easy recipe, giving the opportunity to the children follow step by step instructions cleaning and organizing and finally eat.

Genre: Rhymes, cook
Stephanie Klaren
In this step into reading level 1 book there are lot of rhyming words. The words in this book are in the kindergarten sight word list and the sentences are short and easy to read. would be a good book for kindergartners and lower first graders.
Stephanie Shaw
Nov 19, 2015 Stephanie Shaw rated it it was ok
Shelves: baby
Out of all of the Cat in the Hat book, this was my least favorite. I thought it was silly and didn't make sense. It felt like the author was trying to hard to make a story out of words that rhyme.
Tabbitha Lindsley
Jul 10, 2016 Tabbitha Lindsley rated it really liked it
I read this book with my 6 year old Nephew. This was a level 1 book and I felt that it had a few words a little too advanced for level 1. It was cute though.
Marmee Zen
Jun 26, 2011 Marmee Zen rated it it was amazing
My aged 2.5 child LOVES this book and "reads" it over and over. We got it before he even had a clue who the "Cat in the Hat" was but he was mesmerized by the cooking and crazy antics. Now that he sees this character elsewhere he appreciates that side of the book, as well. The book features simply rhyming words with related pictures. The Cat in the Hat arrives to help our young friends bake a treat: some cupcakes of questionable origins! As you might expect they make quite a mess but the Cat has ...more
CreativePrincess
This is actually one of my favorite books!
Jessica Herd
Jan 15, 2014 Jessica Herd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: food, funny, rhyming
This is a great book for younger children. It can be read with enthusiasm and the children could really get into them. After I read it to a kindergartener I asked her if she had cooked anything before and it got a whole conversation started.
Jitendra
Feb 17, 2016 Jitendra rated it it was amazing
Nice illustrations...
Leslie
Sep 23, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-readers
This is one of the better easy and early readers we've found. It is very easy, properly levelled at a 1, though enjoyable even for level 2 readers. The book itself is a very good quality, bright white paper and wonderful coloful illustrations with the details my little Aspie loves. He liked it very much and we've actually reread this one, which says alot for my son who doesn't willingly suffer rereads unless he truly like the book.
Ronna
Nov 24, 2013 Ronna rated it it was amazing
One of the best first reader books I've found so far. Beautiful illustrations just like Dr Seuss books and movie. My granddaughters loved being able to read something so familiar to them. The feeling of success with reading something that they had been seeing and hearing all their lives was very gratifying to this Grandma! They had fun creating more rhyming words also---which they learned to spell quickly too!
Linda Branich
This was a Random House Step Into Reading Level 1
( Preschool - K) book, "big type and easy words'. It lives up to that claim. Kids love Cat in the Hat, the illustrations and the rhyme. This is an excellent book for beginning readers---and it even has a story line.
Luana
Jan 11, 2012 Luana rated it liked it
I don't think that I'd use this book to teach anything specific. However, this book is in my personal children's book library so that my future students have access to a book that they can read. It rhymes and can help them develop their language.
Bree Bosse
Apr 26, 2010 Bree Bosse rated it really liked it
This is a great book for children who are learning to read. It's about cooking in the kitchen and it has lots and lots of rhyming words. There are many picture clues and has big type and easy words... great for Pre-k- 1st grade.
Rosa Cline
Mar 13, 2016 Rosa Cline rated it liked it
Shelves: kids
This is a level 1 book, I would put it at a merging into level 2. This story has an emphasis on the "oo" and the "ea" sounds.

The cat comes to the kids and wants to cook a treat...
Jessica
Feb 19, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is the first book my son read cover to cover all by himself. He loves to read it to his sister now. The rhyming words and funny story keep them coming back over and over. Great read!
Julian
Aug 25, 2010 Julian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emergent-readers
Never fail with a Dr. Seuss right:) Great book for teaching early/emergent readers rhyming. Big easy words with lots of picture clues.
Gina Malewicz
Jul 13, 2011 Gina Malewicz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sammy
My son 1st book he read to himself. He picks this one up all on his own and starts reading. That says alot!
Carissa
Jan 10, 2010 Carissa rated it it was amazing
Loved to read this book! It was super duper harder than the other books I've read. But I did it!

-Carissa
Katielibrary
Jun 27, 2012 Katielibrary rated it liked it
you can make cupcakes out of anything! ANYTHING! the cat comes to help the kids bake cupcakes.
Sara
May 13, 2010 Sara rated it liked it
Cute but not Seuss. Cute in places, flat in others.
Sep 17, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, h, n, public-library, m
Great for Dr. Seuss fans and early readers.
♥Serina♥
Read it recently with my baby brother
Preston
Apr 30, 2012 Alexia rated it it was amazing
it is cool
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Disney's Finding Nemo: Just Keep Swimming
  • Flying High (DC Super Friends)
  • Thomas Goes Fishing (Thomas & Friends)
  • Hot Dog
  • The Berenstain Bears Ride the Thunderbolt
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan (Henry and Mudge, #19)
  • Max Spaniel: Dinosaur Hunt
  • I Like Bugs
  • Smash Trash! (Disney/Pixar: WALL-E: Step into Reading Step 1)
  • I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie)
  • Best Dad In the Sea (Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo)
  • Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • The Lost Dinosaur Bone (Little Critter)
  • Good Night, I Love You
  • The Magic School Bus Fights Germs
  • Dancing Dinos Go to School
BONNIE WORTH is the author of countless books for young readers, among them the Cat in the Hat Learning Library books If I Ran the Rain Forest, HarK! A Shark!, Oh Say Can You Seed? (winner of the 2003 Ohio Farm Bureau Award), Wish for a Fish, Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur?, Would You Rather Be a Pollywog?, Ice Is Nice!, and Safari, So Good!

More about Bonnie Worth...

Step into Reading, Step 1 (1 - 10 of 40 books)
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Big Egg
  • The Snowball (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Bear Hugs
  • Hot Dog
  • I Like Bugs
  • Sunshine, Moonshine
  • Cat Traps (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
  • Wheels!
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)