The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat

The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat (Step into Reading, Step 1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Look! Look! The Cat wants to cook!

Told with simple rhymes and rhythms, this jaunty illustrated tale gives very young readers a taste of the Cat in the Hat’s flamboyant cooking skills as he slaps on a Chef’s hat and whips up purple cupcakes using some truly odd ingredients! A cat-terrific spin-off based on Dr. Seuss’ The Cat in the Hat movie.
Published October 14th 2003 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published October 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Cat in the Hat the Movie!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cat in the Hat the Movie!

Liliana Jaramillo
Beautiful illustrations.Takes steps of cooking,
The book features simply rhyming words with related pictures
This is a great book for children who are learning to read and has big type and easy words.

L. E. Prepare an easy recipe, giving the opportunity to the children follow step by step instructions cleaning and organizing and finally eat.

Genre: Rhymes, cook
Marmee Zen
My aged 2.5 child LOVES this book and "reads" it over and over. We got it before he even had a clue who the "Cat in the Hat" was but he was mesmerized by the cooking and crazy antics. Now that he sees this character elsewhere he appreciates that side of the book, as well. The book features simply rhyming words with related pictures. The Cat in the Hat arrives to help our young friends bake a treat: some cupcakes of questionable origins! As you might expect they make quite a mess but the Cat has...more
Jessica Herd
This is a great book for younger children. It can be read with enthusiasm and the children could really get into them. After I read it to a kindergartener I asked her if she had cooked anything before and it got a whole conversation started.
Leslie
This is one of the better easy and early readers we've found. It is very easy, properly levelled at a 1, though enjoyable even for level 2 readers. The book itself is a very good quality, bright white paper and wonderful coloful illustrations with the details my little Aspie loves. He liked it very much and we've actually reread this one, which says alot for my son who doesn't willingly suffer rereads unless he truly like the book.
Ronna
One of the best first reader books I've found so far. Beautiful illustrations just like Dr Seuss books and movie. My granddaughters loved being able to read something so familiar to them. The feeling of success with reading something that they had been seeing and hearing all their lives was very gratifying to this Grandma! They had fun creating more rhyming words also---which they learned to spell quickly too!
Luana
I don't think that I'd use this book to teach anything specific. However, this book is in my personal children's book library so that my future students have access to a book that they can read. It rhymes and can help them develop their language.
Bree Bosse
This is a great book for children who are learning to read. It's about cooking in the kitchen and it has lots and lots of rhyming words. There are many picture clues and has big type and easy words... great for Pre-k- 1st grade.
Jessica
This is the first book my son read cover to cover all by himself. He loves to read it to his sister now. The rhyming words and funny story keep them coming back over and over. Great read!
Lyndsey Miller
Easy read. Takes steps of cooking, breaks them down to much simpler form kids can understand. Teaches rhyming and with mostly all real words!
Julian
Never fail with a Dr. Seuss right:) Great book for teaching early/emergent readers rhyming. Big easy words with lots of picture clues.
Gina Malewicz
My son 1st book he read to himself. He picks this one up all on his own and starts reading. That says alot!
Carissa
Loved to read this book! It was super duper harder than the other books I've read. But I did it!

-Carissa
Katielibrary
you can make cupcakes out of anything! ANYTHING! the cat comes to help the kids bake cupcakes.
Sara
Cute but not Seuss. Cute in places, flat in others.
Great for Dr. Seuss fans and early readers.
♥Serina♥
Read it recently with my baby brother
Preston
Brett
Brett added it
Sep 17, 2014
Anna's
Anna's marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Splat the Cat: Splat the Cat Sings Flat
  • Henry and Mudge and the Snowman Plan (Henry and Mudge, #19)
  • Sleepy Dog
  • Arthur's Reading Race
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Amelia Bedelia, Bookworm
  • Berenstains' A Book (Bright and Early Books for Beginning Beginners)
  • I Like Bugs
  • Max Spaniel: Dinosaur Hunt
  • Fancy Nancy and the Boy from Paris
  • The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat
  • Biscuit Goes to School
  • It's Not Easy Being a Bunny
  • A Birthday for Bear: An Early Reader
  • Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink
BONNIE WORTH is the author of countless books for young readers, among them the Cat in the Hat Learning Library books If I Ran the Rain Forest, HarK! A Shark!, Oh Say Can You Seed? (winner of the 2003 Ohio Farm Bureau Award), Wish for a Fish, Oh Say Can You Say Di-No-Saur?, Would You Rather Be a Pollywog?, Ice Is Nice!, and Safari, So Good!

More about Bonnie Worth...
Oh say can you say di-no-saur? Wish for a Fish: All About Sea Creatures If I Ran the Rain Forest: All About Tropical Rain Forests (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Oh Say Can You Seed?: All About Flowering Plants A Whale of a Tale!: All About Porpoises, Dolphins, and Whales