Start by marking “Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor” as Want to Read:
Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor

Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor (I Can Read Book, Level 2)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  921 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The race is on!

Amelia Bedelia always does what she's told. So when Mr. Rogers tells her she should run for Mayor Thomas's office, she picks up her shirt, and dashes off to City Hall. She knows just what she'd do in the mayor's shoes (polish them, of course). With Amelis Bedelia in the race, politics will never be the same!
Published June 5th 2001 by Greenwillow Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amelia Bedelia 4 Mayor

Rhonda Lee
I have always loved reading the Amelia Bedelia series as I was growing up, it has been my favorite! Amelia Bedelia has become a big hero and influence to many people in this story as she runs for mayor. At first Amelia is baking and frosting cakes and next thing you know she is running for mayor. She gets so much positive comments as other people in her community are with her all the way. In this election Amelia is very humorous and does her best to get the people's votes. This is a very good po ...more
Krysta
I remember that I loved reading Amelia Badelia books when I was younger, and I realized that I still do! This book story acknowledges Amelia's precise obedience in everything she does and so they all encourage her to be a mayor, and in turn she teaches the Mayor how to keep his promises. This book can be used in class to teach how one person can influence a person in power.
Kapra McMichael
Amelia Bedelia takes everything so literally. This leads to Amelia running for Mayor. This book is an entertaining book for kids.
Mattathias Westwood
This is my favorite Amelia Bedelia adventure. Mr. Rogers is complaining that the mayor doesn't do what he says he'll do. Then Amelia Bedelia, who always does exactly what she says she will, comes in with two chocolate cakes in frying pans. Soon, Amelia Bedelia is running for the mayor's office. The usually wordplay is combined with some tongue-in-cheek jabs at our political system, and could raise some real questions about what we really expect from politics.
Kimberly Plyler
These Amelia Bedelia books are very funny. She's a maid who takes everything literally and it always leads to mischief and hilarious situations. In this book she runs for mayor because she always does exactly what she is told. It leads to funny situations.
Melissa McLees
Amelia does what she says she will do, and does what others tell her to do in her own way. At least she sticks by her word. She also helped the mayor realise a lesson to. Lesson I learned is becareful what you say. and do what you say you will do.
Miri
Amelia Bedelia runs for mayor, literally. Amelia Bedelia's confusion over phrases causes her trouble yet again, from "casting" votes to sitting "on the fence". One thing is for sure, if Amelia Bedelia is involved there's going to be trouble.
Dolly
Oct 05, 2010 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: 2010, childrens
Amelia Bedelia's stories are classic and fun. Our girls enjoy them, laughing at how literally Amelia takes everything. In this story, Amelia ventures into politics, and I'm sure she'd be as good of a public servant as any we have, if not much, much better. This book came with an audio cassette and our girls enjoyed listening to it a few times.
Gala
Amelia Bedelia books are for children who have some understanding of the jokes. Fifth graders may enjoy reading this fun and silly book.This one about Amelia 4 Mayor can teach politics and new word meanings. Voters sitting on the fence is an example of an undecided voter but Amelia was thinking people were sitting on a real fence.
Haley
I had never read an Amelia Bedelia book I had just heard about them. But as I picked this book up it only took me about an hour to read it. It is a very short book and hilarous. I believe children would love to read this book to find out what silly thing Amelia Bedelia is going to say next.
Wooden Horse
I Can Read! Level 2 Reading with Help

Amelia Bedelia once again misunderstands what Mr. and Mrs. Rogers are talking about and inadvertently runs for town mayor. She also inadvertently bows out of the race by stories end.
Fred
I still Amelia Bedelia. It's my kind of Humor! In this you have that classic Amelia humor combined with my favorite subject politics! How can you lose?
Emkoshka
Should be required reading for all current and aspiring politicians. Amelia Bedelia does what she is told and knows how to keep a promise. Amen.
Samantha
Amelia Bedelia definitely knows how to keep a promise and make a difference! =)
Olivia
I think Amelia is a good person for mayor.
Steph
Cute story!!Loved it.
Roy
Jul 25, 2011 Roy added it
A nonsence book .
Krystal Smith
Krystal Smith marked it as to-read
May 30, 2015
Debbie Lester
Debbie Lester marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Candi
Candi added it
May 27, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Swati
Swati added it
May 23, 2015
Jeanne Fuller
Jeanne Fuller marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Ashley Gibson
Ashley Gibson marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
  • Amelia Bedelia Goes Camping
  • Madeline In America And Other Holiday Tales
  • Arthur's Reading Race
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • Thomas and the School Trip (Thomas & Friends)
  • Biscuit Wants to Play
  • How to Be a Friend: A Guide to Making Friends and Keeping Them
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • The Berenstain Bears: The Bear Detectives
  • The Rainbow Fairies (Scholastic Reader Level 2: Rainbow Magic)
Herman Parish is the author of Amelia Bedelia children's book series, nephew of original author, Peggy Parish. Having grown up with his aunt’s tales of Amelia’s humorous misadventures, Herman decided to carry on the legacy after his aunt’s death in 1988. He did not wish to entrust the future of the series into the hands of a children’s author outside of the family. Since Peggy had the summers off ...more
More about Herman Parish...
Calling Doctor Amelia Bedelia Bravo, Amelia Bedelia! Amelia Bedelia, Bookworm Good Driving, Amelia Bedelia Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #1)