Start by marking “Incredible Incas (Horrible Histories)” as Want to Read:
Incredible Incas (Horrible Histories)

Incredible Incas (Horrible Histories)

Paperback. Pub the Date: 2008 Jun Pages: 144 in Publisher: Scholastic It's history with the nasty bits left in.! Want to know: Why llamas wore earrings and drank beer How a the bucket of stewed pee can the make you beautiful Why servants ate the emperor's hair Discover all the foul facts about the Incredible Incas - all the gore and more!
Published June 2nd 2008 by Scholastic (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Incredible Incas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Incredible Incas

Kathleen
Okay let's talk about the Horrible Histories.

You may be aware of them as a TV show, which I highly, highly recommend, but you may not be aware that they are also books! Which I also recommend!

It's hard to talk about the Horrible Histories specifically. They're hysterical short nonfiction books consisting of maybe 120 pages tops? Aimed at children, they set out to tell you all about the really nasty side of history, which I am always down for. They're smart and funny with great illustrations, and
Leah
Aug 06, 2013 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children/Teens into History
Recommended to Leah by: I subscribed after seeing an advert on TV
I subscribed to the series after watching an advert online, and read them as soon as they arrived, and couldn't wait for the next one to come out! They give such great facts about each time period and even on periods I knew about, the magazines contained information I had never heard before.

I did enjoy this one a lot more than the last few. I was glad to finally be off of all the American history and study something more ancient. I had not really heard about the Incas before, so it was really in
Shiba Otimista
Engraçaralho. Encontrei aleatoriamente num sebo, esse e Assombrosos Astecas (2x combo pré-colombiano!), e não me arrependi de ter gastado 4 reais no total. É um livrinho bem curto e muito ilustrado que explica um pouco da história e sociedade inca. O público-alvo são crianças, então o autor teve que fazer um monte de malabarismos pra conseguir tornar história pré-colombiana algo maneiríssimo, e kudos por ter escrito um livro de não-ficção e história decente para os pequenos.

Talvez hoje em dia es
Catarina
Resumindo:
- Uma data de sacrifícios humanos;
- mas um sistema social complexo onde ninguém passava fome pois o estado cuidava de todos;
- Nem mortos os reis incas descansavam tinham criados para trocar a roupa às suas múmias, damas de companhia e comida fresca todos os dias e ainda saiam antes das batalhas para dar força aos soldados;
- Derrotados pelos espanhóis devido a um vírus que eles trouxeram;
- Foram dizimados e as sua religião extinta;
- A culpa é toda dos espanhóis!
Hyun Young Jeong
Jul 04, 2015 Hyun Young Jeong rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-reading
The interesting book "Incredible Incas" was a fun book. Like other books from its series, 'Horrible History', the book was not boring, it was fun and was full of horror! The book was full with interesting facts about the Incas. I recommend this book to middle school students who want a history book that is so fun, not a boring non fiction book.
Jack
Sep 26, 2013 Jack rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Incredible Incas by Terry Deary
this book is a book about the incas who lived in the early 13th century. It has a lot of good information and funny pictures to teach you about the incas.
i like this book because of the funny stuff the author puts in.
Rachel
Jul 29, 2007 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: youngadult, history
If you're not a fan of reading history books intended for adults, then the Horrible Histories series is the perfect way to learn. It has a great sense of humor and keeps history entertaining. I discovered this series at the British Museum in London and have been addicted ever since!
Tami
Very easy to read. Good for middle school aged kiddos. The humor is quite twisted. It's another way to look at warriors and leadership types. Not a typical historical narrative.
Bao
Sep 18, 2011 Bao rated it really liked it
Shelves: gr7-books
I love this book because it makes history fun to learn!!
Hannah
Dec 18, 2012 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun and entertaining read. A very enjoyable way to learn about this topic.
Dominika Kaníková
Jan 10, 2014 Dominika Kaníková rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
If you dont like to learn about incas in the history classes after this book you will love them .:DDD
Thomas Krief Thomas Krief
I thought this book was very interesting and funny. I learned really much from this fantabulous book.
Fareeha
Mar 13, 2010 Fareeha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Poor Incas -- villains and victims !
Kanika
Now i know llamas like beer!
Nadine Bell
Nadine Bell rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2013
Charlie
Charlie rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2015
Sean Nguyen
Sean Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2011
Antoaneta
Antoaneta rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2013
Jasmine Catalan
Jasmine Catalan rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2012
Marta
Marta rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2013
Em Smith
Em Smith rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2010
Bronwen Louw
Bronwen Louw rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Sydney
Sydney rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2007
Nelson
Nelson rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2013
Sherren Mccabe-finlayson
Sherren Mccabe-finlayson rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Syed Mehdi
Syed Mehdi rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Kiril
Kiril rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Beckie Mann
Beckie Mann rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2014
  • Cleopatra and Her Asp
  • Blood, Bones and Body Bits
  • Henry the VIII and His Chopping Block
  • Violent Volcanoes (Horrible Geography)
  • Leonardo Da Vinci And His Super-Brain (Dead Famous)
  • Murderous Maths (Murderous Maths, #1)
  • Einstein and His Inflatable Universe
A former actor, theatre-director and drama teacher, Deary says he began writing when he was 29. Most famously, he is one of the authors of the Horrible Histories series of books popular among children for their disgusting details, gory information and humorous pictures and among adults for getting children interested in history. Books in the series have been widely translated into other languages ...more
More about Terry Deary...

Horrible Histories (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • The Awesome Egyptians
  • The Groovy Greeks
  • The Rotten Romans
  • The Cut-throat Celts
  • The Vicious Vikings (Horrible Histories)
  • Angry Aztecs
  • The Measly Middle Ages
  • The Terrible Tudors
  • Even More Terrible Tudors (Horrible Histories)
  • The Slimy Stuarts (Horrible Histories)