Start by marking “Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service” as Want to Read:
Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service

Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service

3.9  ·  Rating Details ·  5,708 Ratings  ·  256 Reviews
"Your customers are only satisfied because their expectations are so low and because no one else is doing better. Just having satisfied customers isn't good enough anymore. If you really want a booming business, you have to create Raving Fans." This, in a nutshell, is the advice given to a new Area Manager on his first day--in an extraordinary business book that will help ...more
Published May 19th 1993 by William Morrow (first published May 19th 1992)

Meri
Sep 15, 2007 Meri rated it did not like it
Jerry Springer is less insulting to human intelligence. More useful as toilet paper.
Aaron
Aug 18, 2008 Aaron rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: (sound of crickets)
Recommended to Aaron by: Employer Training Program
Not that I expected anything different, but this "revolutionary approach to customer service" is pretty simplistic. I admit that I read it as a requirement at work. There are three main lessons in the book and the rest is filler. Undoubtedly, the author began with a basic outline. That outline was then stolen by a rouge children's author who, then completed the story around it. "I did it as a joke... but they're going out like that". The three basic lessons are solid common sense concepts. For t ...more
Michelle Johnson
Mar 13, 2014 Michelle Johnson rated it really liked it
I read Raving Fans as a supplemental text for a college, Principles of Customer Service course. I think it's funny that many reviewers have rated this book negatively based on its size and its simplification of the concept of good customer service.....that the ideas in this book are just common sense. And truthfully, they are just common sense....... And yet poor customer service has become a standard, that we've become accustomed to. We don't really expect anything above mediocre anymore.

Raving
John Speight
Jan 10, 2012 John Speight rated it did not like it
Do not buy this book. It is way too long, the narration is terrible and they spend way too much time talking about golf. The main points are, figure out what you want, find out what your customer wants (try and reconcile them) and then deliver plus 1% per week. There, I just saved you $20 bucks.
Glamdring
Jul 25, 2014 Glamdring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2014
*3 stars for the content, 5 stars for the narration*
Steven
Feb 27, 2014 Steven rated it liked it
I've been reading a lot of fiction lately, so I decided to pepper in a "business" book.

Considering "Raving Fans" covers a compelling topic and is only 132 pages, I figured I'd read it.

One hour later and I'm finished and now writing this review.

It's a decent read. This book uses a narrative, third-person format to show the reader the benefits of employing the mindset of businesses with "Raving Fans." I rolled my eyes the first couple pages in when I realized the whole book was going to employ th
Leah Good
Feb 28, 2016 Leah Good rated it really liked it
The best way I can describe this book is ... It's a Wonderful Life married a customer service textbook, and they had a baby. I promise, that combination really does describe this book!

My boss at Chick-Fil-A mentioned that the company uses the "Raving Fan" approach to customer service. Curious, I Googled the term when I got home and found this book.

If you have an interest in business, want to know a piece of Chick-Fil-A's magic, and enjoy really quirky books ... this one is for you!

P.S. It's wor
Cathy Allen
I no longer know whether I picked up this book and read it because I was irritated by the level of customer service I often get, or if my irritation is caused by learning from this book how ridiculously easy it is to provide good service. It's probably a cyclical thing. This I do know for sure: more than any book I've read in years I want to hand out copies of this one.... not in restaurants or grocery stores. Those folks tend to provide good service. I want to hand it out at the hospital, at th ...more
Jessa Allen
Feb 10, 2013 Jessa Allen rated it liked it
My manager asked everyone in the department I work in to read this book. At first glance it's a short read with large font and lots of whitespace, so I knew it wouldn't take long to finish and I wasn't opposed to reading it. By any means though, I wasn't excited to read it. I read a lot, 95% of the time it is fiction. I was a little worried that this would be dull and like I was back in school again.

I was pleasantly surprised that they incoroprated their lessons in a cute little story about an A
Kevin Wunder
Sep 17, 2010 Kevin Wunder rated it really liked it
Is customer service a dying art? It might be.

When was the last time that you had a really great experience as a consumer? What did you do after? Who did you tell?

I love the premise of this book; "satisfied customers aren't enough...you have to create raving fans".

Ken Blanchard shares (in a very anecdotal way) some very compelling principles about creating and maintaining amazing customer experiences. The book will definitely challenge the way that you currently look at the customer experience
Patty
This book was recommended to me by someone on synod council. Blanchard is an expert at coming up with succinct ways to look at a topic. He has books on change, customer service and (apparently) golf, that look for very basic concepts - 2 or 3 at most.

Blanchard then takes these 2-3 topics and wraps them in an interesting story. The story is supposed to (in my opinion) capture the reader's attention and make the concepts easy to remember.

Raving Fans does this well. There are 3 concepts that the ne
Dale Meyer-curley
Nov 03, 2014 Dale Meyer-curley rated it liked it
Continuing my pattern of comparing books to others, Raving Fans is "The Five People you Meet in Heaven" combined with "The Celestine Prophecy."

This is sooo a book of the 90s, where we had epiphanies about things we should already know as common sense, but weren't utilizing. That said, the advice still standsand I found myself having "A-ha" moments.

I was asked to read his for work, as part of an improvement initiative. I think this book, a quick read, is a good place to start for improvement. I d
Mr. Z
Mar 15, 2009 Mr. Z rated it it was amazing
If you are a boss or teacher, I think this story will help inspire you to understand what it takes to get the most from your organization or classroom. "Going above and beyond" is a theme left behind in today's me-first society, but leaders and teachers who are willing to take the extra step will still get the extra results that are waiting for them. Excellent ideas, examples and applications can be found in these pages.
Angela
Aug 12, 2016 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Super cheesy but delivers a good message. People complain that the information is too simple and that everyone should already know this, and yet customer service often sucks, plain and simple. This is over twenty years old, and I can still think of a ton of companies who need it.
Michael J.
Aug 31, 2012 Michael J. rated it it was amazing
One the all-time best customer service books of all time. Please read and implement the concepts. Ken Blanchard's best book, in my opinion.

Blessings,

Michael
Niko
Feb 23, 2011 Niko rated it it was ok
The overall concept is inspiring however the fairy book format was insulting. The ideas presented within could've been summed up on 3 triple spaced pages.
Michelle
This is a quick read...but a little corny. There are three main points to the book in regards to customer service. They are good points- but I could have done without all of the filler.
Jill Morrison
Oct 30, 2011 Jill Morrison rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
I'm about half way through and so far it's as cheesy a book as that one about the stupid mice. Seriously? Put it into an email, bullet-form, and save a tree.
Celeste
Jul 16, 2012 Celeste rated it it was amazing
Very good book. It will put you in the right frame of mind! Made a huge difference on how I treat my clients. It has raised my customer service bar!
Matt
Jan 24, 2008 Matt rated it did not like it
Very simply written book that I didn't embrace. Had a character who was some guy's 'fairy god mother of service'
Jerry Mahn
Oct 23, 2012 Jerry Mahn rated it it was amazing
This was a turning point in my leadership. Anyone who works in customer service can learn much from this easy read.
Jeff Raymond
Jul 09, 2010 Jeff Raymond rated it did not like it
God, management books are terrible. If you need a book to help you manage...
Ethan
Jul 07, 2009 Ethan rated it did not like it
Shelves: business
This book is crap, don't waste your time on it.
Amber
Dec 09, 2011 Amber rated it did not like it
I had to read it for work, a fairy tale story with impossible expectations of customer service.
Barclay
Apr 01, 2015 Barclay rated it did not like it
Weird.
Sheree
Aug 19, 2009 Sheree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book on how to create customers who will rave about your products or services.
Amir Syed
Jan 09, 2016 Amir Syed rated it it was amazing
Book Review:
Raving Fans by Ken Blanchard

Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach to Customer Service by Ken Blanchard & Sheldon Bowles
1st Secret: Decide What You Want
* Remember, you are the source. Decide what you want and then create a vision of perfection centered on the moment the customer uses the product.
* “It’s store policy, to look after customers’ needs whenever possible. Mr Varley calls it Raving Fan Service and he encourages us to use our own initiative. Besides, it’s fun…I also like
Eghbal Azizi
Oct 27, 2016 Eghbal Azizi rated it really liked it
موضوع این کتاب در مورد مردی است که به تازگی مدیر ناحیه یک شرکت شده است.
برنامه ی خاصی برای ادامه ندارد.
ناگهان سرو کله ی یه مرد به نام چارلی در دفترش پیدا می شود و حوداث عجیب و غریبی برای او اتفاق می افتد.
چارلی به او می گوید؛ من فرشته نجات تو هستم و اورا به بازی گلف دعوت می کند...
در ادامه با رفتن به فروشگاه و پمپ بنزین و فرستادن یک تاکسی سه اصل زیر را به او آموزش می دهد، البته هر کدوم از اصول زیر را در یک روز خاص به وی آموزش می دهد؛
اصل اول، مشخص کنید چه می خواهید
اصل دوم، به خواسته های مشتری پی ببر
Justin Cramer
Dec 25, 2016 Justin Cramer rated it really liked it
This book is a quick read. As you would expect with any good business advice it get's to the point quickly and reinforces it with easy to relate stories. I would recommend reading this book to anyone in customer service, management, or that owns a business.
Andres
Nov 20, 2016 Andres rated it it was amazing
Si lo sabes leer detenidamente, es un gran libro. Los conocimientos entran a través de una historia. Aunque al principio resulta difícil asimilar el estilo del libro, poco a poco te envuelve.
  • Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
  • The Pursuit of Wow!: Every Person's Guide to Topsy-Turvy Times
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • Love Is the Killer App: How to Win Business and Influence Friends
  • The Three Signs of a Miserable Job: A Management Fable About Helping Employees Find Fulfillment in Their Work
  • The Oz Principle: Getting Results Through Individual and Organizational Accountability
  • Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst "Best" Practices of Business Today
  • The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
  • The Ultimate Question: Driving Good Profits and True Growth
  • Good to Great and the Social Sectors: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great
  • Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life
  • How Full Is Your Bucket?
  • Mojo: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It Back If You Lose It
  • Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even If You Hate Marketing and Selling
  • Know-How: The 8 Skills That Separate People Who Perform from Those Who Don't
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • Go Put Your Strengths to Work: 6 Powerful Steps to Achieve Outstanding Performance
  • Jesus, Life Coach: Learn from the Best
Ken Blanchard, one of the most influential leadership experts in the world, is the coauthor of the iconic bestseller, The One Minute Manager, and 60 other books whose combined sales total more than 21 million copies. His groundbreaking works have been translated into more than 27 languages and in 2005 he was inducted into Amazon’s Hall of Fame as one of the top 25 bestselling authors of all time.

K
More about Kenneth H. Blanchard...